Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Hypnosis (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   The Science of Hypnotism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=13890)

kabash 07-04-2011 04:55 AM

The Science of Hypnotism

HYPNOTISM is the production of a psychical condition in which the faculty of receiving impressions by suggestion and the power to act upon and carry out the suggestions is greatly increased.

The less the mind is occupied with ideas, the more easily can thoughts be directed into any givcn channel. If nothing holds our attention, the nervous system, for want of that gentle stimulation which is necessary to it, falls into a state of semi-activity inseparable from want of tone in the nervous system, and a form of sleep is produced.

Silver 07-04-2011 04:58 AM

Sounds like you know your stuff on hypnotizing people. Is that part of your work? Shrink or something?

kabash 07-04-2011 11:19 AM

basically I am Reiki and Pranic healing practitioner and love to study about hypnosis

God-Like 07-04-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kabash
basically I am Reiki and Pranic healing practitioner and love to study about hypnosis

Hi Kabash .

Always nice to meet a fellow healer :smile: .

Lets say for Instance an Individual went to have treatment for feeling fearful .
The Individual was hypnotized In order to feel strong and powerful .

There will be an Issue an underlying reason as to why the Individual feels fearful . Do you think by hypnotizing a person will get to the root cause of the fear?

x dazzy x

kabash 08-04-2011 03:53 AM

Wel your question using hypnosis to cure a fear is that Sometimes, it is comforting to think that something that we are afraid of can be removed from us as easily as a magic trick, but the truth of the matter is that hypnosis is no magic trick. It is actually something that is quite real and quite useful, and if you are eager about how you can get it to work, you will discover that there are many things that you need to be aware of.
In the first place, you will find that hypnosis is something that essentially allows you to bypass your thoughts, rational mind. It speaks right to your subconscious, to the place where fears that are both rational and irrational take place. Your subconscious rules you a lot more than you might think. After all, do you have a phobia of the height? There are a lot of people who do, and when they are high above the ground they start feeling nervous and upset.
They may know that there is nothing that can harm them in the height, but for one reason or another, you may not be able to really figure out that. Your subconscious refuses to believe that the height is secure, and so you end up trembling .
If you are in a place where you are tired of your fears ruling your life, you will discover that hypnotism is a tool that you may want to take a look at.

God-Like 08-04-2011 07:08 AM

Hi kabash

Thanks for you reply .

My angle of this reflects the energy / experience within a process of self healing . The journey that an Individual makes within experience of fear and the experience / efforts one will make to dissolve and forgive what Issues that connect the Individual to those fears .

In a way hypnosis Is bypassing that . Like a surgeon that removes a dis functioning kidney .

Any thoughts?

x daz x

Krishna-prem 08-04-2011 03:24 PM

Hi Daz,

It really depends on the hypnotic process being used. Some people will do a lot of work with dissolving the trauma of past events and working through forgiveness processes. This can be a bit much for a lot of people though and isn't needed a lot. It's far more common to help the person create new resources that make the old issue not an issue. Fear (for example) is a learned response to a particular stimuli. With hypnosis it is very easy to unlearn that response and learn a new and more healthy one in its place.

Cheers!

KP

God-Like 11-04-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna-prem
Hi Daz,

It's far more common to help the person create new resources that make the old issue not an issue. Fear (for example) is a learned response to a particular stimuli. With hypnosis it is very easy to unlearn that response and learn a new and more healthy one in its place.

Cheers!

KP

Hi K.P.

Yes I would agree . It Is more common . In a way It's like wiping the slate clean . Working / experiencing life with perhaps a blank canvas .

I would say every Individaul that works with the self enquiry process will only bring to the fore what that Individual can handle be It fear based or whatever .

I understand there could be many reasons why hypnosis could be used .

Lets say a person wants to quit smoking . On the surface hypnosis may seem to be a good option .

Underneath the surface the Individual maybe repeating a pattern where there maybe many other areas within their life experience where they have never found the Inner strength, or the dedication or the will power to carry something through .

Through hypnosis do you see that the power lies within another?

I would say we all need a helping hand for sure tho .

Do you think that we can fool the mind as In a deep routed fear can be dissolved through hypnotic suggestion ?

Do you think hypnosis has a permanent effect?

x daz x

Topaz 11-04-2011 11:26 AM

Hi I went on a Hypnosis workshop yesterday and I'm totally hooked . It's amazing a bit like meditation using creative visualisation and affirmations .
I would love to do a course on it and also past life regression but thats another thread.
It's amazing how the medical world are now using Hypnosis for patients and for medical students in helping them revise for their exams .
Like everything it has to be done everyday . I am going to practise and see what results I can achieve . I am feelng more focussed and more positive already :) xx

Krishna-prem 11-04-2011 03:40 PM

Hi Daz,

You ask some very good questions :)

Quote:

hrough hypnosis do you see that the power lies within another?

Each person has a vast amount of inner resources. The resources are the result of living. They are found in our memories, experiences, hopes, and dreams to name a few places. The ability to learn, for example, is an amazing resource we all have. With hypnosis we are tapping into these resources (and often creating new ones). This is the case whether we are talking about therapeutic application or generative (street/ stage hypnosis) forms.

Of course the hypnotist has power just as the client/ subject does. Within the hypnotic context this type of personal power if very important. It is not like, "Ha I am the hypnotist and I control you and you have to do what I say." It's more like "I know about this wonderful, life changing experience and I would like to share it with you, follow me."

Quote:

Do you think that we can fool the mind as In a deep routed fear can be dissolved through hypnotic suggestion ?

Why not? We fooled the mind into thinking we have the problem to begin with.

I would invite you to consider though, that hypnosis is not fooling the mind anymore than believing we have a problem has. Problems are not any deeper routed than the hypnotic experience is. Let's take the example of a phobia. A phobia is a learned response. Think of a small child who walks by a big scary dog who barks ferociously at him or her. Now this small child hasn't learned yet how to deal with this type of situation. She or he does not know that they are safe. The dog triggers off and incredibly strong fear response (which is a trance state). The child's mind learns very quickly that the dog means she or he should be afraid. The phobia then develops to protect the child. Now because our minds are really, really good at learning and making associations, that fear becomes more generalized. Soon just the sight of a dog or hearing a bark in the distance triggers the fear response. The child's unconscious mind believes that whenever there is the hint of a dog, it should trigger that response to protect the child.

Now hypnosis is very good at clearing fears and phobias. Hypnosis works at the unconscious level, the same place that fear is stored. With hypnosis that child's unconscious can easily learn that the scary instance with the dog doesn't mean all dogs are bad. The child can learn to feel safe around dogs while also maintaining the signal recognition ability with dogs that aren't safe. Hypnosis is a learning process as are our problems. We maintain problems because at some level we believe it is the best thing for us. Hypnosis offers the mind an alternative.

Quote:

Do you think hypnosis has a permanent effect?

When done right, yes absolutely. Remember hypnosis in its therapeutic uses is not glossing over a problem. It's not hiding it under a pretty coat of paint. Hypnosis burst the protective bubble that surrounds a problem and teaches the mind a more productive way of thinking/ experiencing.

Of course this does come down to doing it correctly. And by this I mean, that it's not always a one shot deal. Sometimes it takes a couple of sessions to tweak things. People can have, for example, secondary gain issues that were not apparent at the onset. Those may cause the process not to work because that part of the person's experience has not been addressed. Once it has been, then the effect is permanent.

Cheers!

KP