Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Nature (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Hurricane Irma (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=116686)

Lepus 04-09-2017 03:11 AM

Hurricane Irma

Hello,

Another Hurricane is on its way, but no one knows for sure where it's heading. I heard it is a category 5, way stronger than Harvey. We will see.

Lepus

Tobi 04-09-2017 11:29 PM

Thanks Lepus. I've been watching Irma too. I saw a possible projection that it might head up the East coast just north of Florida, dying down slightly to more "storm force" winds higher up the coast.
I think it would make sense for anyone living in those areas to have some preparation in place: food, water, basic stuff for a week or two, and to bring animals inside. It also might make sense for anyone living in very low-lying or particularly vulnerable places, to leave for a little while if they possibly can.
Hopefully, all will be well and Irma will veer out over the Atlantic!

Lepus 05-09-2017 02:47 AM

Hello,

Thanks Tobi for the reminder, always have an emergency plan for any natural disaster.

I just heard there's another hurricane after Irma forming and meteorologists speculate Jose will trail this way to the US.

Lepus

Clover 05-09-2017 01:50 PM

Upgraded to a 5 this morning. To date, looks like it's going to hit the Caribbean islands. My thoughts are with them : (

Coming up to Florida in a few days.They are predicting more of a West Florida/Gulf coast visit ( I am on the East end) but we will see what happens.Hopefully she dies out by than. I was in South Florida, Miami the past few days, it is ridiculously HUMID, my glasses would constantly fog up. Very uncomfortable weather..

Hemera 05-09-2017 04:55 PM

I hope everyone who is likely to be in Irma's path stays safe and well and their animals too.

Tobi 05-09-2017 11:38 PM

Thanks Hemera for this post. I have been watching the forecast for Irma, and out in the Atlantic now the wind speed has been assessed at 185 mph.
It looks like Irma will make landfall, so anyone in Gulf region, Florida -especially Keys, and south east coast areas should be getting out NOW while they still have a good chance of 'normal' traffic on roads (?)

Pack basics, have a plan, take pets with you. Get out. Be safe! Blessings.

Tobi 06-09-2017 12:46 AM

And dear Clover please stay safe. It could reach you even East Florida, so if there's somewhere you and family could go inland? If it passes by and nothing happens you will have had a few days away somewhere....
If it doesn't you will all be safe.
Kind thoughts to you and yours. Take care.

Lepus 06-09-2017 05:29 PM

Hello,

Update August 6, 2017: Irma is now heading to Puerto Rico after slamming the Caribbean islands. The hurricane Irma is expected to reach Florida this weekend or Monday next week. Stay safe everyone!

Lepus

Brucely 07-09-2017 08:58 AM

Can i just say the eclipse perfectly split the country in half, now there's flooding in the southeast, and forestfires raging in the northwest... Fire and water, weird huh

Dude 07-09-2017 02:16 PM

Stay safe people. Wishing everybody all the best xx