Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Hypnosis (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Hypnosis for labour (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12583)

Cherub T 14-03-2011 02:32 PM

Hypnosis for labour

Hi, I wondered if anyone has had hypnosis for helping them when it comes to child birth. I really want to try and do it without any drugs, but this is my first time, so i may change that thought nearer the time! lol I wondered if hypnosis is something anyone here has tried for child birth? x

sunny shine 14-03-2011 02:48 PM

Yes I heard this from a hypnotherapist; what they basically do is take you a deep level and put positive affirmations and it works beautifully.

star-child 13-04-2011 12:48 PM

My hypnotherapist had a book in the practice room called Hypnobirthing, perhaps do some research and see if there are any practitioners who provide it near you.

Cherub T 03-05-2011 10:50 PM

I've had a look into the hypnobirthing and it looks fab! x

Kaere 03-05-2011 10:53 PM

As long as you're looking at alternative pain relieving ideas, have a google at effleurage. It's the practice of your partner drawing gently on another part of the body (like an arm or leg) to give you a different sensation to focus on.

I was not sold on it myself. Took about five seconds before I was prepared to do murder. But that's just me - I don't like to be touched when I'm in pain. You may be different.

Cherub T 03-05-2011 10:58 PM

I'll have a look at that too. Really wanting to be aware of the birth, so trying hard not to go for the drugs. Although this is my first time, so I don't know what I will be like.

I once got hypnotized to stop eating chocolate and it worked for one and a half years, so perhaps I'm open to the suggestions in this. Just ten weeks to go!

earthwanderess 03-05-2011 11:25 PM

With my first 2 children I did not want anyone touching me. The last one I loved having my belly gently rubbed in a large circle motion, it did lighten the contractions. I did not have any drugs for labor.

What about acupuncture or herbs that help with childbirth? What about flower essences? or Bach remedies? I know there are massage therapists that can help you get your body ready for birth, you could look for someone who does that.

Congratulations on becoming a parent. Giving birth and raising a child is one of the most spiritual things a person can do in their life.

jjj 07-05-2011 01:33 PM

That is interesting. One of the methods that I use in practice for control of pain does have to do with 'tapping' on a non-painful part of the body and visualizing/ feeling it becoming larger as the painful part becomes smaller. This is done after a hypnotic trance has been induced I have found it very effective with the people who I have used it with. I'll have to look up effleurage. Thanks for sharing this!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaere
As long as you're looking at alternative pain relieving ideas, have a google at effleurage. It's the practice of your partner drawing gently on another part of the body (like an arm or leg) to give you a different sensation to focus on.

I was not sold on it myself. Took about five seconds before I was prepared to do murder. But that's just me - I don't like to be touched when I'm in pain. You may be different.

Cherub T 09-05-2011 05:03 PM

Hey I've had a hard time this week, various things happening. Money is tight, can't work as much with getting bigger, things breaking down in house, feel a bit emotional, feeling tired and a bit lost, then my auntie passed away. Y'know those times when things don't go right. Don't know why I've even typed this, I just felt i needed to....

I've been looking up the hypnobirthing on you tube and it's making me feel better. I'm also realizing that it's what is said to you on the day. Someone saying "just breathe, it's natural, things are okay" and so on seem a lot better than "this part will nip, or hurt" and so on. I think words can put fear into someone when there is no need.

I'm interested to look into anything that will help really. I don't want to take the drugs if possible. It's all new to me and certainly a challenge. I think it will change my whole life. I just hope i can do my best. Been feeling a bit low this week x

overtherainbow 01-09-2013 09:54 PM

My friend did that for her first. She changed her mind and wanted pain releif, but her midwife wouldn't give her pain releif! She had a 30 hour back to back labour, it was an awful experience for her, and the hypnosis didn't help her once she was in an advanced stage. Its definitely worth using, but don't rely on it for all your pain relief.