Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Escape from Grand canyon city 🃏 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119750)

Universal.Vibe 06-01-2018 01:31 PM

Escape from Grand canyon city 🃏
 
Flavor text:
Grand canyon city where everybody lives their life peacefully and all know their place, but unknowingly to the inhabitants somebody has planted a bomb in the very core of the city and its only a matter of time before it explodes.


okay so the term path of least resistance is circular logic as by taking a path it was by default the path of least resistance.
however my understanding neuro works along the lines of the more a pathway connecting neurons is fired the more those connections are reinforced and the more they are reinforced the easier it it for them to be triggered.
essentially leading to constant reinforcement of the thing we already do or know.
This is very similar to how the grand canyon was formed by erosion.

I guess the spiritual development part of this is that growth comes when we call upon the wild card of our soul to diverge from the path and just do something new or different, maybe even just entertaining the possibility of a new idea.

naturesflow 06-01-2018 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Universal.Vibe
Flavor text:
Grand canyon city where everybody lives their life peacefully and all know their place, but unknowingly to the inhabitants somebody has planted a bomb in the very core of the city and its only a matter of time before it explodes.


okay so the term path of least resistance is circular logic as by taking a path it was by default the path of least resistance.
however my understanding neuro works along the lines of the more a pathway connecting neurons is fired the more those connections are reinforced and the more they are reinforced the easier it it for them to be triggered.
essentially leading to constant reinforcement of the thing we already do or know.
This is very similar to how the grand canyon was formed by erosion.

I guess the spiritual development part of this is that growth comes when we call upon the wild card of our soul to diverge from the path and just do something new or different, maybe even just entertaining the possibility of a new idea.


I like your view.

Breaking free can work in many ways, but what your saying makes sense. When you shake things up a little differently, add new things to the picture of yourself, you actually intermingle your old views into a bigger picture, so as I see this, the seeds in this way, can create new pathways in the brain where your old foundation doesn't remained so fixed and affected.

FallingLeaves 06-01-2018 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naturesflow
I like your view.

Breaking free can work in many ways, but what your saying makes sense. When you shake things up a little differently, add new things to the picture of yourself, you actually intermingle your old views into a bigger picture, so as I see this, the seeds in this way, can create new pathways in the brain where your old foundation doesn't remained so fixed and affected.


In my view, it isn't always necessary to be gathering new stuff just to proceed. Sometimes simply accepting that I can't have something that I dearly want, or alternately accepting that I have to put up with things I really do not want to put up with, is all it takes to make me think about the path forwards.

Universal.Vibe 06-01-2018 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
In my view, it isn't always necessary to be gathering new stuff just to proceed. Sometimes simply accepting that I can't have something that I dearly want, or alternately accepting that I have to put up with things I really do not want to put up with, is all it takes to make me think about the path forwards.


But isn't that acceptance something new in its self?

FallingLeaves 06-01-2018 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Universal.Vibe
But isn't that acceptance something new in its self?


hm... I think you got me there :smile:

Universal.Vibe 06-01-2018 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
hm... I think you got me there :smile:


Hehehe :cool: :cool: :cool:

Lorelyen 07-01-2018 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Universal.Vibe
[b]

okay so the term path of least resistance is circular logic as by taking a path it was by default the path of least resistance.
however my understanding neuro works along the lines of the more a pathway connecting neurons is fired the more those connections are reinforced and the more they are reinforced the easier it it for them to be triggered.
essentially leading to constant reinforcement of the thing we already do or know.
This is very similar to how the grand canyon was formed by erosion.

Interesting... You mention neurones. I can't recall all I learned about neurobiology (it's always interested me though) but I don't think an individual synapse is reinforced by repeated use (anyone, correct me if I'm wrong) but there is patterning obviously as learning, memory and action rely on it. Repeated stimulus does reinforce a response. So it looks like some selective process is at work - a stimulus arrives, fires off one or more neurones and the entire pattern is invoked. How such patterns can be broken I don't know - they can. We don't have to respond "in a normal way" when something happens.

But this is why I look on human functions as a huge data processing machine with its various levels of (memory) database hierarchy, archive, executive, sometimes working autonomously but otherwise under executive control. We can deviate from the path of least resistance if we want to explore a wider awareness. (LOL, I ust had a thought that the soul is the root directory and boot-up list that loads and maintains our operating system. I'll have to think more about that! :D)

Quote:

I guess the spiritual development part of this is that growth comes when we call upon the wild card of our soul to diverge from the path and just do something new or different, maybe even just entertaining the possibility of a new idea.
Yup. It's possibly easier for the creative mentality to be more aware of entries to new avenues, a willingness to explore jungles either side of the straight and narrow, well-trodden familiarity!

Nice one, Universal.Vibe. :smile:

naturesflow 07-01-2018 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
In my view, it isn't always necessary to be gathering new stuff just to proceed. Sometimes simply accepting that I can't have something that I dearly want, or alternately accepting that I have to put up with things I really do not want to put up with, is all it takes to make me think about the path forwards.



If there is one thing you dearly want and cant have it, there is always another thing you might notice. Perhaps you could go outside at night and look up at the night sky, gaze at the stars and wonder if the moon has risen. In that moment you might decide to smile and capture something you haven't experienced before in that way. Nature doesn't mind what you wish to partake in..Your brain might get a nice surprise. Who knows?

Gosh you need some optimism in your world me thinks.:hug3:

Shivani Devi 07-01-2018 10:37 AM

If everybody is living their lives peacefully and somebody has planted a bomb unknowingly to them, wouldn't everybody just be blown up? and so escape from Grand Canyon City would be through death?

Universal.Vibe 07-01-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
If everybody is living their lives peacefully and somebody has planted a bomb unknowingly to them, wouldn't everybody just be blown up? and so escape from Grand Canyon City would be through death?


Well anybody that knows about the bomb can maybe just move to a different city?
However if you run around saying "there's a bomb, there's a bomb! your all gonna die"
They'll just think your crazy and you'll end up in a straight jacket.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums