Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   SpiritualForums is under construction. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3631)

inspirit 01-10-2010 06:59 PM

SpiritualForums is under construction.

If you cannot log in, that is because we have restored from a 3 year old database and your user account has not been created yet in this restore. Unfortunately this might be the best we can do as we don't have any newer database backup to recover from that isn't corrupted according to Easyspace.com. We are waiting to hear from Easyspace.com to find out just how bad the corruption is. In the mean time please feel free to create a new user account.

inspirit 01-10-2010 08:05 PM

Welcome back everyone. We're so sorry about the delay. Please tell all of your friends. We're working hard to get SF back to its normal functioning self.

Please feel free to post but keep in mind that your posts might be overwritten in the unlikely event that we find a database restore of the last 3 years of forum activity. We'll keep you up to date and let you know one way or the other as soon as we know.

inspirit 01-10-2010 09:21 PM

For those of you that are wondering what happened, easyspace had a hard drive crash and all the data was lost. They said that they don't have any backup that isn't also corrupted but we're hoping we can at least get a database extract from that because this 3 year old backup you see now is the best we could do. If anyone has a more recent backup let us know!

inspirit 01-10-2010 09:38 PM

I apologize that chat is not functional. I am a little confused about how to get it back up again or if that's possible. I'll keep you updated.

SeaZen 02-10-2010 08:03 PM

We all have to look at the bright side folks! All of those dreary, repetitive "I AM" threads have disappeared into oblivion! :D

RAMMSTein 02-10-2010 10:43 PM

lame!!..now i cant even go to chat anymore...which is basically all i did on this place...i mean i posted for a while but...meh..its better to get instant gratification (and that thought makes me terrible!) but its cool i guess...i almost lost my cool, then i finally just decided to creat my account again...its ok i guess!

SeaZen 02-10-2010 11:16 PM

Will the admins consider switching to a different web hosting service? A service that doesnt have a back up server for these types of situations doesn't seem reliable and something like this could easily happen again. All joking aside about the "I AM" threads being thankfully gone, there was alot of good useful information that has possibly been lost forever.

Silver 03-10-2010 02:00 AM

I'm sure the chat function will be figured out eventually.

I couldn't agree more. I can't believe this happened, SeaZen. Like having the virtual rug pulled out from under.

Summerland 03-10-2010 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I'm sure the chat function will be figured out eventually.

I couldn't agree more. I can't believe this happened, SeaZen. Like having the virtual rug pulled out from under.

Frankly, I am just so grateful that the site is back. I am not going to complain in any way, shape or form. Even in its present form, it is so much better than other sites that I looked into and so are the members.:hug3: :hug3:

pebble 03-10-2010 02:14 AM

My old username is now active once more. laughing