Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ghosts & Hauntings (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Odd Spirit In My Home? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=116619)

Michaelis 01-09-2017 03:08 AM

Odd Spirit In My Home?

So maybe for the past 2 months or so there has been this odd knocking on my bathroom door, this is starting to sound awkward but please bear with me lol. To describe in more detail it usually consists of 1 knock, between a soft and a hard sound; just enough to let me hear it audibly. Though this doesn't occur every day.

On a daily basis, I would go into my bathroom and do my business and other explicit things that I won't be going over on this forum. Anyways there are times where I usually lose track of time in there, then being startled by that same knock. Even my sister seems to be experiencing this as well (btw, yes I checked with her about the knocking- I personally believe she has no intentions or gains from just knocking on the door.

I know this sounds extremely silly or might even come off as a troll story on the forums but I am just curious about what this phenomenon might be. Perhaps I can make peace with the spirit and see what the spirit wants?

Anyways if there's anyone who reads this and has any similar experiences or advice they would like to share I would appreciate it fully :hug3:

desert rat 02-09-2017 05:47 PM

Could be a ghost, could just be the noises a house can make.

EarthAngel 05-09-2017 10:56 AM

Its interesting that you say its not all the time, if it was house noises then you would think that it would be more of a constant noise that you would get used to and live with day to day.

If that is not the case, and you say your sister has witnessed this too, it could be a presence in your home. :smile:

desert rat 05-09-2017 02:09 PM

You might try to find out if it is a ghost . Like , knock on the wall if you want to talk , ect. Set up recorders , look for e.v.p.

Michaelis 05-09-2017 10:50 PM

Recently I saw a white "wispy" thing or material of some sorts under the mirrors before quickly looking away (on accident). My vision seems fine and this doesn't really happen often, perhaps it was the lighting in the bathroom it self? Also, occurrences would happen outside the bathroom just recently. In the evenings I would usually read on my phone or a book; the lights on me ceiling near me would sometimes flicker once. The same now happens when I'm at the computer or in the bathroom.

Just realizing this now- most of the light flickering happens most often during dark too. Which seems odd compared to the knocking in the evenings or afternoons.

I think knocking on the wall seems like a good idea. Perhaps knocking once or three times to let the spirit know that I acknowledge it? I don't have any recorders or know of what e.v.p is. If theres any simple solution to contacting it please let me know

Little Creek77 08-09-2017 04:54 PM

Knock back, and see what happens. Open the door unexpectedly. Is any thing hanging on the outside of the door that the cat likes to play with?

Michaelis 10-09-2017 07:02 AM

It knocked again when I got into the bathroom again for a minute or two I believed then immediately knocked about twice then saying "I'm acknowledging you". Followed by opening the door suddenly seeing nothing outside the door.

I must be careful lest I get hurt. This ghost is smarter than your average cat, I repeat this ghost is smarter than your average cat ;3

Michaelis 10-09-2017 07:06 AM

Forgot to include this in my last post though. Have been noticing ceiling lights in my home near me flash more often. I have no idea what purpose this spirit is residing in my home, it's a bit scary but also fascinating.

Little Creek77 10-09-2017 07:15 PM

Do you have a digital camera? Try recording a video of the lights and knocking. I would be interested in seeing it here. Use no flash please, it can cause to much light contamination. Then examine the footage for EVP and orbs. A video would be best. If you take still photos, turn off the flash 1st. EVP is recording a voice on an electric device. A voice you did not hear.

MergingWolf 10-09-2017 10:23 PM

Me myself was leaning more towards the pipes, like If you have functioning air chambers or water hammer arrestors, you might have a different problem. The straps that connect your plumbing to your home's wall studs could be loose, causing the pipes to vibrate, creating a knocking sound..... but if you check that and everything's fine, then I suggest otherwise (ghost/spirit).