Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Science & Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   our evolution-? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=121013)

weareunity 27-02-2018 06:15 AM

our evolution-?

Hello all.
What can be understood as being both a characteristic of the nature of existence and a characteristic of the nature of the mechanism of constant evolution is that the "whole" of existence is connected by cause and consequence.

As a consequence of this connection, as a consequence of being of this "whole", what we think and what we believe is important since this has consequences for what we do and how we do it.

In terms of physical existence it is however what we do and how we do it which is our direct connection with existence--physical existence.

As a species we can view our input/impact upon existence because of this inevitable connection as being in need of careful management--or not. As being a creative responsibility--or not. As being a personal or collective responsibility--or both.

As we do so--if we do so--we establish a connection of a different nature, a connection not confined to being simply physical. It seems possible, perhaps probable, that our understanding of this connection will greatly increase as--and if--we enter into it. What begins as a pragmatic necessity for our collective physical survival, a new way forward, may become understood as having been always present but only now recognised, as well as having possibly far greater consequences than we might ever have imagined.

Is this our evolution?

petex

Busby 27-02-2018 07:28 AM

Yes, in my opinion I think your argument is completely valid.

Further, I'd like to suggest that the word 'evolution' could also be replaced by the word Karma.

This would give a larger and more understanding viewpoint of the whole cosmos and its content.

The universe is, imo, a construct of mental energy (mind) which projects itself into physicality as an expression of its own image.

Think about it.

weareunity 27-02-2018 11:21 AM

Hello Busby. Good to share a little space and to read of your thoughts.

In truth I do not find it easy to communicate thoughts and observations at all. I tend to use only my everyday vocabulary, for else I would soon be much further out of my depth. Neither do I seek to present arguments as such, just personal observations and thoughts.

You may well be correct in your suggestion concerning using the word Karma in place of the word Evolution. I do not have the necessary knowledge to make that judgement myself however. You sound as if you are better equipped to do so than I in this respect. So thanks for that input.

As a tangential consideration regarding terminology, It occurs to me--as it must surely also occur to others--that through the ages and across cultures and beliefs, thoughts and observations are quite naturally expressed in the local vocabulary of understanding within that culture or belief and at that time. This can readily lead to misunderstanding I think if the terms used to express thoughts and observations in a particular culture or belief and at a particular time are not those which would be used to describe the self same thoughts and observations in a different culture or belief and at a different time.

Perhaps there is a term for this particular phenomenon?!---Joking apart, this observation may explain in some part what may be unnecessary emphasis of difference between different cultures and beliefs. Perceptual differences which become divisive,--or are stoked so as to become divisive.

Good wishes Busby. petex