Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Soulmates & Twin Flames (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Alcohol to numb (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31909)

Enigmatic 09-03-2012 10:26 PM

Alcohol to numb

This will probably apply more the Aussies, as we are the biggest drinkers in the world, next to the Irish (apparently).

I'm in Dark Night at the moment, and this forum has really helped me... plus some great friends around me... the last thing that I feel is really getting in the way of me riding it out properly is my use of alcohol to "numb" me and my feelings.

Anybody else using this as a numbing tool?

I wonder how I can pull it back?

It's only 2-3 glasses of wine per night... but that's enough really.

Just thought i'd throw this out there and see if anybody else is doing the same thing?

Krystalle 09-03-2012 10:28 PM

I am a recovering alcoholic. Been in rehab twice. It's not a pretty place to be - dont go there.

Enigmatic 09-03-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrystalleSama
I am a recovering alcoholic. Been in rehab twice. It's not a pretty place to be - dont go there.

I've been this way since my early 20's, a regular drinker.

I've just found recently i'm drinking every day, which is not good.

I'm looking into starting dancing lessons 2-3 times per week, which I think will help me a lot.

Teal 09-03-2012 10:36 PM

Its not a good place to be. My bf drinks to much, well he did. It leads to very bad things. He used to drink almost everyday and have 5+ a night. He would get bad and act like a swearword. where as me I had 1-2 drinks a month. now i am.
I am 11 weeks pregnant. I would love a ceaser....

.i applaud you Krystalle`!!!

BeautifulLife 09-03-2012 10:45 PM

raises hand

Enigmatic 09-03-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeautifulLife
raises hand

Well STOP IT, ya alcho :cool:

awakeningheart 09-03-2012 11:57 PM

Enigmatic, I've been going through a sort of 'dark night' lately too. I've found the opposite is true for me about alcohol - I've completely gone off it - like my body is just rejecting it. Can't understand it as I never had a problem before and liked a glass or two every night.

The problem with alcohol is that not only is it a depressant (makes me cry now every time I have more than 2), it only puts the pain in another place (the numbing)...but it will come out someway, somehow. Dancing it out is good..but let it out...

immortal coil 09-03-2012 11:57 PM

Alcohol lowers vibrational frequency not a good thing when your vibrations are already all over the charts.

BeautifulLife 10-03-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal coil
Alcohol lowers vibrational frequency not a good thing when your vibrations are already all over the charts.

I've found it damped the ups/downs. I'm probably alone though in that regard.

Enigmatic 10-03-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeautifulLife
I've found it damped the ups/downs. I'm probably alone though in that regard.

No me too... can't be good though right? Arn't we feeling those for a reason?