Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Mysteries, Myths & Legends (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Eyes as old as your soul..? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10668)

spirit72 06-02-2011 11:21 PM

Eyes as old as your soul..?

I read the other day that you have the same eyes in every life you live...?
Something about it rang true with me... I was thinking the eyes are said to be the windows to the soul... Is this why...?
If you have the same eyes from all you past lives.. And in this one they would tell a story...

People often say to me I have pain in my eyes a deep down sorrow, yet I am normally feeling happy at the time...

What do you think...?:rolleyes:

StoneAgeQueen 07-02-2011 11:40 AM

I don't think we have exactly the same eyes in our past lives, as in colour and shape.. but I think we can see (and others can see) emotions and characteristics in them which we have brought forward to our current lives. I can certainly look into people's eyes and get feelings about them. I believe they truly are the windows to the soul. Past life recognition can also be triggered by staring into someone's eyes.

Summerland 07-02-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spirit72
I read the other day that you have the same eyes in every life you live...?
Something about it rang true with me... I was thinking the eyes are said to be the windows to the soul... Is this why...?
If you have the same eyes from all you past lives.. And in this one they would tell a story...

People often say to me I have pain in my eyes a deep down sorrow, yet I am normally feeling happy at the time...

What do you think...?:rolleyes:

I truly believe that you can see a persons soul, that part of them that is the Divine Spark, in their eyes. (PLEASE,don't anyone quote Bush to me!) There have been many times that I have looked into a persons eyes and been actually rocked back on my feet from the experience. In my work, I have seen homeless, drug-using,destitute people. Too many times I have looked into their eyes and see Divineness looking back at me.
As to recognizing someone by their eyes, I don't know for sure if they have the SAME eyes as in a previous life, but I certainly know that we have met before this life and that person is part of my group, an old friend or has been an important role player in a past life.

Native spirit 07-02-2011 04:17 PM

:hug3: I Dont believe we are born with the same eyes as previous lives but i do believe that the knowledge they have seen we remember,
many people cant look me in the eyes they say they are way to dark and deep.
i know i can look at a person in a certain way and they have to move because they say my eyes really frighten them. so what does that tell u?

Namaste

Silver 07-02-2011 04:37 PM

Eyes ARE pretty incredible. I remember seeing fire in a person's eyes, the kind that's just there, not that they're angry at the time, but a sort of swirling red behind and in the brown, also in an animals eyes, I saw the same thing, sort of a primal firey swirling thing that said fire to me, intense passion. I thought I was seeing things, lol.
I definitely think we 'recognize' people without realizing why we feel we've met someone before and that kind of thing.

nalan 12-02-2011 04:13 AM

My mentor, teacher, and kindred told me that she saw my eyes and knew that I was more than what I physically appeared.

As to whether those eyes go with me from incarnation to incarnation, I highly doubt it.

Saggi 13-04-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
:hug3: I Dont believe we are born with the same eyes as previous lives but i do believe that the knowledge they have seen we remember,
many people cant look me in the eyes they say they are way to dark and deep.
i know i can look at a person in a certain way and they have to move because they say my eyes really frighten them. so what does that tell u?

Namaste

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?'

Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of the universe; your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of all that's within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

And as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others"

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Spiritlite 13-04-2011 11:30 PM

I love looking at people's eyes, just love it. I have light blue eyes that are pretty big and people always compliment me on my eyes, but I hate my eyes LOL. People just love to look into my eyes I don't know why. But even when I'm working with the elderly I love looking into their eyes because I really do believe that I can see into their being and souls and person as who they really are.
Spiritlite.

orli_the_owl 15-04-2011 09:08 PM

I agree with what was said earlier, that it is not the physical eyes themselves that we carry from life to life, but in them we can see the wisdom, pain, emotions of our soul. The lessons learned from lives gone by stay with us, reflected in our eyes.
But its not just past lives, intentions, mottives and emotions of the present are there too. If you look for long enough, its like an information overload...

And when you look at some people, well, isnt it just a little bit creepy?

As the doctor says "the eyes are not the windows of the soul, they are the doors. beware what may enter there"

Dilchannan 16-04-2011 02:13 PM

Eye are so wonderful. One of the first things I do when I meet someone is shake hands and look into their eyes. It helps me get a better feel for the person.

I have witnessed some eyes that seemed so hollow, and almost dead looking, and I have seen some eyes that have made me want to cry. I have seen some eyes that make me feel very happy inside too.

There have been a few times where I felt like I could get lost in anothers eyes as well..

Do we have the same eyes from incarnation to incarnation, I don't know. Maybe...

Peace