Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sri Vasudeva on Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=79717)

Uma 07-01-2015 05:34 AM

Sri Vasudeva on Meditation

I love this definition of meditation and wanted to share it with you:

Quote:

"Meditation is not sitting down and closing your eyes and sitting to concentrate. Meditation is the art of observing your world from another space, from the space of all possibilities. As I speak here I am in meditation: I'm keeping a consciousness that listens to my voice, that listens to my thoughts, that is aware of what I am saying, aware of the silence inside of me, aware of the peace inside of me, aware of the love for what I am doing and aware of all the possibilities inside. That is meditative awareness.

Even as I sit quietly, I begin to observe my thoughts, begin to choose my thoughts - whether it's prayer, whether it's repeating a sacred word, whether it's sending love to my body, whether it's saying a prayer for another person. Meditation is the art of centering in a space of peace and love and goodness, and focusing on that which is important to you.

Meditation can happen by sitting with closed eyes, it can happen while speaking, it can happen while eating, it can happen while walking, it can happen while jogging, it can happen while I'm doing my fitness... In all those times of being one with my activity, being into my activity I'm giving it my full attention and exploring every possibility of relating and bringing out my energy in the best possible way…I am in meditation."

Sri Vasudeva interviewed in Romania in April, 2014

These simple yet profound words to me encompass everything I know about meditation. Either I am plugged in to the universal source of energy and wisdom, or I am operating on my limited battery.

Uma 04-03-2015 05:06 AM

Watkins 04-03-2015 10:32 AM

Now that is just beautiful and so true.

Out of subconscious thought, my mind wanders every time I draw. I'm an illustrator by the way. I could sometimes get lost in a drawing for weeks. I even tanned the left portion of my body because I had to stay in a angle to a window.

I find the time soothing. Like things are unraveling with each passing moment.

Beautifulmind 04-03-2015 07:47 PM

That means I am Meditating 24/7 :) and I thought I am poor in meditation as I do sit with eyes closed.
Why I see a blue screen with eyes closed. It is ALWAYS there. sometimes, with open eyes, if I focus on a blank wall, I see blue hue..or at-least a blue spot is always there. What is that?

Sometimes I wonder if I am living a dream..and I wake up when I go to sleep and have all wonderful messages from somewhere (maybe my inner self).

jonesboy 04-03-2015 08:47 PM

I think people need to step back and understand he is talking from his present experience.

The first step is sitting in meditation. Let's just say mindful meditation. We are observing, thoughts, feelings, sensations flow by with out attaching to them. Or at least trying right :)

As one progresses with this practice they will at first have moments in a meeting or when driving of observing/calm abiding there thoughts as they are going about there normal day to day business.

Over time it builds until you reach a state of observing. In Yoga this is called The Witness, in Buddhism it is called Calm Abiding. It is something that will happen on a deep level all on it's own.

Can you help it along.. sure. As you walk around the office or house pay attention to your breath. Or put your awareness within your body as you walk around and open your heart to others. I have had a lot of openings with that one. Just putting my awareness within my heart and being open to everyone around me. Feels good too and what you feel is what you are.. so think about it. :)

Miss Hepburn 04-03-2015 08:59 PM

And then you have my ex-guru's definition...

Meditation is perfect concentration on a perfect thing.

The op's was much sweeter. :smile:

Deepsoul 04-03-2015 09:01 PM

Uma, Thankyou for the beautiful Swan ,I love swans, and for the meditation information, and Jones boy for the reminder of heart awareness and living .I really needed this all today, With much Love and Gratitude Deepsoul...........

Uma 16-03-2015 12:47 AM

I have lots of Sri Vasudeva's messages about meditation...

Quote:

"Meditation is a journey in consciousness. It is a journey beyond body consciousness, it’s a journey beyond thoughts, it is a place of being, pure being, experiencing your connection to the Source of your being, being held there. It’s a journey beyond fear. It’s a journey to a place of infinite peace, boundless love – unconditional. It’s an important journey. . . .Meditation is also a journey of loving and conscious surrender to that greater power within you, emptying yourself of undesirable ego thoughts and feelings that you may be filled with the power and light of the Divine within you."

Here is one of his guided meditations in case you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3UuoI89qvQ

Uma 25-03-2015 08:16 PM

An invitation to join me in 40 days of meditation

To meditate with an enlightened being is an opportunity to accelerate your growth.

Every year Sri Vasudeva speaks about his personal transformation during a 40 day retreat held in Trinidad.

The retreat is streamed live and talks are available to download (for free only on the day they were streamed).

To commit myself more fully to the daily practice I will make posts here every day during the March 25th to May 5th period and invite you to join in as you wish.

Here is a short introduction:

Quote:

"...last year our subject was Self Mastery. This is a major life theme as it is not only about evolving in the consciousness of Self but also about mastering the Play of Life.

To master the Play of Life we need to evolve in consciousness but evolving in consciousness need not be focused on mastering Life's Play. Some enlightened beings neglect the social life, as we know it, living alone away from communities. Even so, their very presence in the world is a blessing. Some neglect their physical bodies and as a result live shorter than normal lifespans.

My joy has always been seeking the freedom of enlightenment with its blissful consciousness and mastering the Play of Life by mastering the soul's subtle energy field. Hence the subject of this Forty Day Period will be Self Mastery - the Practice.

This Forty Day Period is designed to inspire and motivate participants to become more soul consciousness, taking change of their energy field by mastering the energies of every chakra.

The best experience will be had by being present at our Centre here [in Trinidad] personally guided by me but I know all cannot be here so I am going to offer as much as I can to our global participants that they may make another step in their journey to achieve enlightenment and self mastery.
~ Sri Vasudeva, March 21, 2015

To jump right into it go (HERE) and click on the LIVESTREAM button at the bottom.

For more information click HERE

Namaskar :smile:

zombie 25-03-2015 10:17 PM