Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Is God particularly fierce? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129053)

Honza 18-04-2019 08:32 AM

Is God particularly fierce?

Is God a fierce being? It occurred to me that perhaps why God does not stop "evil" is because it is just an expression of His fierce nature. Earth is a very fierce place....wars, earthquakes, accidents etc. Perhaps earth's fierceness is only indicative of God's (and our own) fierceness?

God is obviously very pure. Perhaps His purity is like a fire to us?

Wally 18-04-2019 09:37 AM

Look out behind you!. A fierce God is on your trail. Just about to catch you ………… and love you to death!

Dargor 18-04-2019 11:09 AM

Much more than just that. If you take into account all the atrocities he committed you will pretty much have something that defines a sadistic bloodthursty psychopath. If they were to make more MCU movies after Endgame they should make God the villain. He makes Thanos look like a humble choirboy.

Honza 18-04-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Much more than just that. If you take into account all the atrocities he committed you will pretty much have something that defines a sadistic bloodthursty psychopath. If they were to make more MCU movies after Endgame they should make God the villain. He makes Thanos look like a humble choirboy.

I do see what you mean, but if you consider that you yourself are part and parcel of this God. It is difficult to be someone else entirely. We are all bound into the same reality.

Honza 18-04-2019 12:36 PM

Another thing one needs to consider is; who do you think all these things are happening to? It is like God is the victim as well as the culprit. Perhaps He is suffering at the expense of His own violence?

Dargor 18-04-2019 01:05 PM

I suppose it all depends on which version of God is the true one. God 1.1 (aka the god of christianity) or God 1.2, better known as the 'New Age' god. Let's just hope there's a 2.0 update with better improvements than the previous ones. I doubt the 1.1 version suffers from his own mistakes, because he's just too proud for that.

sky 18-04-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
Is God a fierce being? It occurred to me that perhaps why God does not stop "evil" is because it is just an expression of His fierce nature. Earth is a very fierce place....wars, earthquakes, accidents etc. Perhaps earth's fierceness is only indicative of God's (and our own) fierceness?

Cause and effect is not fierce, it is just what it is :smile:

Aknaton 18-04-2019 06:56 PM

But you rephrased the question wrong to begin with; it is supposed to be like this:

]Is man fierce being? It occurred to me that perhaps why man does not stop "evil" is because it is just an expression of His fierce nature. Earth is a very fierce place....wars, earthquakes, accidents etc. Perhaps earth's fierceness is only indicative of mans's (and our own) fierceness?

God in His love came to help humanity and gave His holy blood in exchange that mankind's soul may once again experience the Divine nature Adam enjoyed. but why does man still seek evil?

Wally 18-04-2019 07:23 PM

I sometimes think people want a God they can manipulate. They want a God on their terms. Where they are the boss. And God is like the parent who keeps getting their arm twisted to give their child a few bucks.

davidmartin 18-04-2019 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza

No I do not think that God is intrinsically fierce. We are in lower realms further away from God where things are harsher. Yet I still believe God is in everything ultimately but still there are these realms that are nearer or further away from the centre. God is not ruling over this world directly but I guess along with all the other forces and influences who are strong here.