Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   A true spiritual master's opinion always resonates with a truespiritual seeker's one (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129716)

kishore 31-05-2019 04:24 PM

A true spiritual master's opinion always resonates with a truespiritual seeker's one

Yes a person who is truly on spiritual path no matter where he is in his spiritual journey easily identifies or agrees with the opinion of true spiritual master because a true spiritual seeker must have had glimpses of soul's voice although he is yet to integrate or stabilize the soul in him permanently, just for knowledge.

JustBe 01-06-2019 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kishore
Yes a person who is truly on spiritual path no matter where he is in his spiritual journey easily identifies or agrees with the opinion of true spiritual master because a true spiritual seeker must have had glimpses of soul's voice although he is yet to integrate or stabilize the soul in him permanently, just for knowledge.

Yes.

Activations can open ones awareness but ultimately the seeker has to integrate the awareness into a more complete mindy/body awareness if they choose too.

I’ll often be sharing things to other seekers and they will say. “ I don’t understand exactly what your saying, but there is a part of me that resonates to this truth” it’s the unplugging or remembering coming into the shared space.

wstein 01-06-2019 06:04 AM

Not much of a 'Master' if didn't know what the seeker needed to hear.

JustBe 01-06-2019 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wstein
Not much of a 'Master' if didn't know what the seeker needed to hear.

How do you see a master?

(If we speak in terms of the everyday person as the seeker and master)

Shivani Devi 01-06-2019 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kishore

After coming off the back of the Ekhart Tolle thread and then noticing Sadhguru charging $1,400 for a 2 day yoga intensive in Melbourne...*spiritual people who seek out 'true masters' must also be very wealthy* (sarcasm).

It seems that there are just as many "true spiritual masters" as there are "true spiritual seekers".

Each person's 'spiritual needs' are different and I would love to have $1 for every time I have heard; "you should listen to THIS spiritual master, Shivani...he is SO enlightened and speaks the truth!"

So, I listen to him and just go "meh...he's okay I guess"...apparently, whatever he had to say resonated with the 'soul voice' of the one who recommended him to me, but it didn't resonate with mine...and meanwhile, my 'soul voice' yawns and goes "how boring - NEXT". :biggrin:

What am I missing here?

Moonglow 01-06-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
After coming off the back of the Ekhart Tolle thread and then noticing Sadhguru charging $1,400 for a 2 day yoga intensive in Melbourne...*spiritual people who seek out 'true masters' must also be very wealthy* (sarcasm).

It seems that there are just as many "true spiritual masters" as there are "true spiritual seekers".

Each person's 'spiritual needs' are different and I would love to have $1 for every time I have heard; "you should listen to THIS spiritual master, Shivani...he is SO enlightened and speaks the truth!"

So, I listen to him and just go "meh...he's okay I guess"...apparently, whatever he had to say resonated with the 'soul voice' of the one who recommended him to me, but it didn't resonate with mine...and meanwhile, my 'soul voice' yawns and goes "how boring - NEXT". :biggrin:

What am I missing here?

Hi Shivani Devi,

I don't think you' re missing much, IMO.

I think sometimes some people get to hung up on the teacher/speaker and not the message.

It seems a current trend. Before the Internet had to be in the "know" and truly seek out a teacher, if so desired.

I have the same reaction to some of these "spiritual teachers." Just does not relate. Others seem to resonate.

Find at time the wisest ones are those everyday people I may meet.
There seems tendacies to not listen to my own "master"/ presence that is with me and to each other,in general.

To each thier own, suppose.

Anala 02-06-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

I think sometimes some people get to hung up on the teacher/speaker and not the message.

It seems a current trend. Before the Internet had to be in the "know" and truly seek out a teacher, if so desired.

I have the same reaction to some of these "spiritual teachers." Just does not relate. Others seem to resonate.

Find at time the wisest ones are those everyday people I may meet.
There seems tendacies to not listen to my own "master"/ presence that is with me and to each other,in general.

IMO, I am of the similar thought. When I listen to something it is because I need to hear this message at this moment. My journey is unique. I love suggestions. But that is all they are, suggestions. I do not need to talk the lingo to impress or learn the secret handshake.

I take just the lesson and concepts I need to learn and move on. It is like picking up a single thread to weave into the tapestry of the vision/landscape/journey. It doesn’t matter where I pick up the thread. I can ignore the thread, but it will just keep appearing in some form or manner. :D I find threads everywhere. Resonates does not mean I always like the thread, the color, the texture, the medium. But I feel compelled to pick it up, examine it, find a place to weave it in.

Guided by my unseen team, I have faith, I pick up the thread. Every once in a while I step back and see the bigger picture and how those threads fit. I am in awe. Sometimes my unseen team let me see just beyond the edge of the weaving and I am in awe.

janielee 02-06-2019 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wstein
Not much of a 'Master' if

+1

Not to mention the one sure sign that they are not a master is that they think they are one.

janielee 02-06-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anala

I take just the lesson and concepts I need to learn and move on. It is like picking up a single thread to weave into the tapestry of the vision/landscape/journey. It doesn’t matter where I pick up the thread. I can ignore the thread, but it will just keep appearing in some form or manner. :D I find threads everywhere. Resonates does not mean I always like the thread, the color, the texture, the medium. But I feel compelled to pick it up, examine it, find a place to weave it in.

Guided by my unseen team, I have faith, I pick up the thread. Every once in a while I step back and see the bigger picture and how those threads fit. I am in awe. Sometimes my unseen team let me see just beyond the edge of the weaving and I am in awe.

Thanks for sharing, Anala, I like this; can you speak more about your unseen team and how you know about them/trust them? :smile:

Miss Hepburn 02-06-2019 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janielee
Not to mention the one sure sign that they are not a master is that they think they are one.

I would have to disagree, sorry...a master can know he has an immense amount
to teach to bring his brothers and sisters to God-realization...
YEARS of effort and meditation and grace...you know when you have mastered something, overcome obstacles finally.
At the same time be very humble and like Jesus was and is..serving only God