Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Interfaith (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   There Is Only One GOD (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21703)

Morpheus 09-06-2012 11:54 PM

ONE GOD

Fujiwara:
Quote:

"Maybe it is time we all look god in the face, by looking within ourselves.
Then can we see the beauty in ALL religion.
I believe we all agree and that we just don't know it.
I see all religion as pieces of a spiritual puzzle. - one we have yet to finish -"

See my post, "Mirror Time", in the Christianity thread.

Knight:
Quote:

There is only one God...but He has a thousand names.

Many people think they know the Bible, but it isn't true. Including the critics of it.

St. Paul, while in Greece, quoted to them during one address, that he noticed many tribute statues to various gods. Including one to the, "Unknown God", who he said to them he came to tell them about.
Then, he prceeded to quote to them something from one of their own poets concerning the nature of God.

How, "In Him we live, and move, and have our being."

psycho:
Quote:

God is only a name we toy with, until we realize that we are all ONE, and that there is nothing outside this Oneness, the word god is now useless to us.

Highly presumptious of you, and indicating a situation of ego, mindset of disaffection, and, of a lack of understanding of the term, label, and descript of, "God".

"Definition of GOD
1capitalized :
the supreme or ultimate reality: as a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe

b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind
2: a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically :
one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality
: a person or thing of supreme value
: a powerful ruler"

Webster
http://search.aol.com/aol/search?query=Webster+Online%2C+%22God%22&invocatio nType=msie70a

CatChild 10-06-2012 12:29 AM

http://www.kryon.com/k_channel10_portland_me_.html

Lightspirit 10-06-2012 12:37 AM

Choose your God and be at peace with your decision that you chose correctly.

I think to be of 2 minds would be worse than having none.

Who can define God? Its a belief and hope thing.

CatChild 10-06-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
Choose your God and be at peace with your decision that you chose correctly.

I think to be of 2 minds would be worse than having none.

Two thumbs up!

Aquarian 10-06-2012 09:38 PM

There is definitely one main God. I met Him/Her.

I now understand this planet/universe is messed up because of an evil intelligence that we can only assume was originally created by God. There is no way God would create a reality where children would suffer so much outside of their control.

So it implies that God left the creation of this universe down to a series of demigods. One (or more) became "Satan" and others were good. Just as we human beings manifest jointly, so did they.
Planet Earth, with its beauty and its darkness, was the result.

she who plays 10-06-2012 11:33 PM

The subjective imagination plays as much of a role in what God is as the objective reality of things. One should reach a point where they find no difference between these distinctions; subject, object.
The true state of life is always dual, but we need only bathe in the light. The darkness has to be there (Well, it actually has no being of itself so it can't be said to exist, but it is a necessary requirement for creation because it contains all the potential forms).

From this core duality we can paradoxically become absolute because in a mode of acceptance we can understand God as simultaneous difference & non-difference. Both exist, yet neither do. This goes for all dualities.

God is paradox. ;-)
If one understands this concept, and truly wants an end to arguing and bickering, then we can all move on from correcting each other all the time, and live life more.

Aquarian 11-06-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by she who plays
The darkness has to be there (Well, it actually has no being of itself so it can't be said to exist, but it is a necessary requirement for creation because it contains all the potential forms).

What makes you think darkness "contains all the potential forms"?

Sybilline 11-06-2012 01:03 AM

I agree Fujiwara,

Many faces of God have been thought of, in an attempt to define that which cannot be defined; it is natural for humans to do that, to attempt to fit something in to our laws and standards, to attempt to turn things into something within our comprehension, whilst still maintaining the idea that it is beyond.

Sybilline 11-06-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian
There is definitely one main God. I met Him/Her.

I now understand this planet/universe is messed up because of an evil intelligence that we can only assume was originally created by God. There is no way God would create a reality where children would suffer so much outside of their control.

So it implies that God left the creation of this universe down to a series of demigods. One (or more) became "Satan" and others were good. Just as we human beings manifest jointly, so did they.
Planet Earth, with its beauty and its darkness, was the result.

That's a good view :) But I also would like to think that the "demigod" is God and the suffering children are God, just as we all are.

Sybilline 11-06-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus
"Definition of GOD
1capitalized :
the supreme or ultimate reality: as a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe

b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind
2: a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically :
one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality
: a person or thing of supreme value
: a powerful ruler"

Webster
http://search.aol.com/aol/search?query=Webster+Online%2C+%22God%22&invocatio nType=msie70a

This Webster ---- he is human, no?

Then this definition in his book ---- is his, and perhaps his other sources? They are also created by other humans. Webster has his definition, just as each and everyone of us does... :)