Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Heavy pressure in throat chakra when meditating (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113853)

Wolfie11 28-05-2017 06:23 PM

Heavy pressure in throat chakra when meditating

Hey everyone, thanks for reading my thread 😊

I was doing a chakra visualizing and balancing meditation. Whenever i do this i always feel a subtle vibration in each chakra some more than others and feel it moving up my body as i meditate. I had just got to my throat chakra when i began to feel a strong pressure and it became very intense and quite difficult to sit comfortably with. I sat through it and spent the same amount of time on my throat chakra that i did with the others. Once i began focusing on my brow chakra the pressure in my throat gently subsided. I have been dealing with some health issues with my thyroid in recent months and Read thyroid problems indicate a blocked throat chakra.
Do you think next time i should spend more time on my throat chakra next time?is the heavy pressure an indication there is some blockage?
When doing these sort of chakra balancing meditations i always feel more energy in some chakras than others. Does this mean they are more open than others or need more work to balance? The energy feeling is different to the pressure i felt.

iamthat 29-05-2017 10:49 PM

No other replies so far, perhaps because none of us can say for sure what might be going on with the throat chakra in this case.

My guess is that if you feel pressure when you direct energy at the throat chakra then it is because that energy is meeting some kind of resistance - ie a blockage.

What can you do about it? Difficult to say. You could continue directing energy to that chakra hoping to break down the blockage. You could work on visualising healing light in that area. You could continue treating the thyroid, preferably using natural remedies which will address the cause rather than just suppress the symptoms. Perhaps some kind of energy work such as Reiki could be beneficial.

I suspect that for most of us, some chakras are more open and active than others, so you will probably feel different levels of energy in the chakras.

I am not sure what your approach to balancing the chakras is. One esoteric approach to the chakras is to transmute the energies from the chakras below the diaphragm to the chakras above the diaphragm.

So the desire nature of the solar plexus centre is transmuted to love/aspiration of the heart centre.

The lower creative intelligence of the sacral centre is transmuted to the higher creative intelligence of the throat centre.

The lower will of the base centre (the will to survive) is transmuted to the higher will of the head centres (the Will to Be).

But there are many different approaches to working with chakras.

Peace.

FallingLeaves 30-05-2017 12:02 AM

I actually used that and a similar post elsewhere as a hint I should be working on my throat chakra. That led to a wild ride late this afternoon... about then I really appreciated the hint lol!

sometimes you need more pressure not less... I know everyone says you should be relaxing into meditation, but from personal observation that never seemed to lead anyone where I want to go so I do a lot of high pressure stuff when I'm able... seems ok to me but who knows?

slowsnake 30-05-2017 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat
No other replies so far, perhaps because none of us can say for sure what might be going on with the throat chakra in this case.

My guess is that if you feel pressure when you direct energy at the throat chakra then it is because that energy is meeting some kind of resistance - ie a blockage.

What can you do about it? Difficult to say. You could continue directing energy to that chakra hoping to break down the blockage. You could work on visualising healing light in that area. You could continue treating the thyroid, preferably using natural remedies which will address the cause rather than just suppress the symptoms. Perhaps some kind of energy work such as Reiki could be beneficial.

I suspect that for most of us, some chakras are more open and active than others, so you will probably feel different levels of energy in the chakras.

I am not sure what your approach to balancing the chakras is. One esoteric approach to the chakras is to transmute the energies from the chakras below the diaphragm to the chakras above the diaphragm.

So the desire nature of the solar plexus centre is transmuted to love/aspiration of the heart centre.

The lower creative intelligence of the sacral centre is transmuted to the higher creative intelligence of the throat centre.

The lower will of the base centre (the will to survive) is transmuted to the higher will of the head centres (the Will to Be).

But there are many different approaches to working with chakras.

Peace.

Hello,
Maybe its a thyroid problem!
If the physical body is not right the glands especially, then what is the point of playing with the unseen chakra's?
The thyroid is a very physical,real and tactile thing,if you think imagining a spinning, whirling, vortex is the problem then go ahead and meditate and when you see it in your minds eye, see if you can control the energy coming into it, and try and influence that energy,you will find that you can't, a Master could on your behalf,but if you were a Master you would not be here looking for help.

I find it very strange that folk don't realise that simplicity is the only way ahead,or even indifference to what's happening to you is better than trying to manipulate and control the source!

KRB

iamthat 30-05-2017 09:54 PM

Is an illness purely physical? Or do illnesses reflect an energy imbalance on some level which manifests in the physical body as disease?

Conventional Western medicine considers a human being as the dense physical body so it simply treats the symptoms which manifest in the body. When the symptoms have been suppressed the patient is considered to be cured.

Holistic medicine (Eastern or Western) allows for the possibility of subtle causes of illness, and it is these subtle causes which need to be cured. The physical symptoms will then disappear.

Just another perspective.

Peace.

Riddle 16-06-2017 06:11 PM

I've been experiencing the exact same thing. I've been meditating for around two and half years. I practice Osho's Dynamic Meditation daily. Throughout these few years, I've felt the energy move upwards from the root chakra to throat chakra.
The "pressure" or energy seems to subside when I sing, play guitar, draw, write, all these help to open the throat chakra.
Few times it seems to have moved up, towards the third eye, I feel the energy there during these moments, but rest of the times, the energy seems to remain in the throat.

Fairyana 27-07-2017 08:15 PM

There are so many ways to treat a blockage in the throat chakra.

Here's one. First, follow this technique of self realization (it's 11 min) so that you activate the healing energy within you.

Then meditate and ask the healing energy to work on your throat chakra.

Vishuddhi, the throat chackra, is responsible for communication, the sense of collective, the left vishuddhi is responsible for your self esteem, right vishuddhi is responsible for your sweet expression. Sometimes a problem in one chakra actually may start in another chakra... So it's important to meditate so you can understand where the problem is stemming from. But if you just ask the healing energy, which knows you, to help out, it'll know what and where to work on. Trust it! :)

Here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_CpyKSorwM

Cheers!