Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Your perception of Light? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=70168)

LadyMay 16-06-2014 05:02 PM

Your perception of Light?

When I had my Self-realization I was brought to a non-dual awareness and yet something which I question a lot is, why if I had an experience of non-dual awareness did I experience the Light around me as God the Father, as in, a masculine HE? I think either there are levels of oneness or maybe I saw a certain projection/Deity of the ultimate Divine which was most beneficial to me at the time for healing or something (I have/had father issues)..

What are your experiences and perceptions of Light?

Baile 16-06-2014 05:39 PM

I had a meditative vision of sunlight as pure love, the substance by which light, shadow, life and physical matter are manifested and brought into being. The physical plane being the plane of love in other words. Sun as an active force rather than reflective (Moon), some masculine versus feminine in there I suppose. God and especially God the Father doesn't work for me personally though and never has, heh.

WhiteWarrior 16-06-2014 06:21 PM

I see the universe, in its physical and nonphysical aspects, as divided into bad and good with a rather narrow strip of grey between them. Everything positive is Good, or part of the Light side. A whole lot of beings and actions are Bad, making up the Dark side. When you truly can't tell if a being or an action is good or bad, it is grey. What I do not believe in is that there is a balance, or any kind of karma if you like. Some places you will find a lot of good, other places a lot of bad. But a good action does not create a bad one as a side effect, nor the other way around.

LadyMay 16-06-2014 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baile
I had a meditative vision of sunlight as pure love, the substance by which light, shadow, life and physical matter are manifested and brought into being. The physical plane being the plane of love in other words. Sun as an active force rather than reflective (Moon), some masculine versus feminine in there I suppose. God and especially God the Father doesn't work for me personally though and never has, heh.

God the Father has never worked for me (bad associations with Christianity growing up) yet still that's what I perceived.. it left me a little unsettled for a while afterwards and I'm still coming to terms with it.

Yes, the Light I saw was pure love too, incredibly healing. I always thought the feminine to be active though and the masculine to be passive but I haven't experienced this directly. Just my personal beliefs.

Baile 17-06-2014 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
God the Father has never worked for me (bad associations with Christianity growing up) yet still that's what I perceived.. it left me a little unsettled for a while afterwards and I'm still coming to terms with it.

Some spiritual streams identify specific beings as having taken up a role in aiding and assisting humanity on its evolution journey. These beings were once as we are now, and have moved on to higher planes of existence, in the same way we will eventually. One such being is said to be the archangel Michael, who as I recall is even said to reside in the sun. Spirit or the All is gender neutral and it's said that what we perceive in our meditative explorations is not in fact God, but these various intermediary beings who assist humanity. The human mind or heart cannot in fact come into direct contact with the All. The All is said to be unfathomable and unknowable. That and the fact that you perceived the being's gender as something specific would indicate you beheld one of these intermediary beings and not God.

Baile 17-06-2014 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
I always thought the feminine to be active though and the masculine to be passive

Fire air extroverted expansive yang is masculine, water earth introverted contractive yin is feminine. Or so it's said.

Wagner 17-06-2014 05:18 AM

Quote:

Fire air extroverted expansive yang is masculine, water earth introverted contractive yin is feminine. Or so it's said.

Yep, that's much the same as I've heard it.

@ others: Keep in mind that this dichotomy is not in reference to physical gender but to function.

Baile 17-06-2014 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wagner
@ others: Keep in mind that this dichotomy is not in reference to physical gender but to function.

Hey, people around here still type "He" when referencing God :icon_eek: so I doubt anyone is going to say much, as wise and insightful as that comment of yours was.

LadyMay 17-06-2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

Some spiritual streams identify specific beings as having taken up a role in aiding and assisting humanity on its evolution journey. These beings were once as we are now, and have moved on to higher planes of existence, in the same way we will eventually. One such being is said to be the archangel Michael, who as I recall is even said to reside in the sun. Spirit or the All is gender neutral and it's said that what we perceive in our meditative explorations is not in fact God, but these various intermediary beings who assist humanity. The human mind or heart cannot in fact come into direct contact with the All. The All is said to be unfathomable and unknowable. That and the fact that you perceived the being's gender as something specific would indicate you beheld one of these intermediary beings and not God.

Thanks. I was wondering if for that exact reason I was seeing maybe a smaller deity or maybe an angel who was sort of transmitting the glory of God to me. I wouldn't have thought higher evolved beings would have gender though.. hmm. Interesting.

Also I've read somewhere that this Light is actually you but a higher version which you eventually evolve into over lifetimes. Do you think that's true?

LadyMay 17-06-2014 07:56 AM

Quote:

That's the Taoist version right? I think that's the one that most people understand it as. I think though due to my Kundalini I've taken on (is it tantra?) beliefs that the feminine is the great creative active force and the male is the passive awareness of all that is. It doesn't really matter too much though, as Wagner said it's function not gender (although would Archangel Michael be masculine because of his function?)

@Wagner @Baile I still call God 'He' by accident sometimes.. sort of hard to get away in a patriarchal society with no gender neutral pronouns (at least popular ones anyway).