Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   UFOs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   I Saw a UFO (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130320)

Shivani Devi 09-07-2019 06:06 AM

I Saw a UFO

Last night around 7:30pm.

This is the first UFO I have EVER seen, which turned me from "I will believe it when I see it" to "I have seen it and now I believe it".

How it happened..

I was sitting on the lavatory and the bathroom window was open. I was just gazing and thinking about how I should really get around to cleaning the grout on the tiled walls, when something outside the bathroom window, in the sky, caught my attention.

At first, I thought it was Venus doing a very close transit because it was like a star, but it was huge! about twice the size of Venus and totally in the wrong area of the sky for it to be a planet anyway.

As I watched, it remained stationary..it did not move..but it started pulsating with all these different colours..mostly red, orange, blue and yellow and at times, it sort of elongated before shooting off these yellow beams of light, then shrinking back to the size it was before.

I thought to myself "what could that possibly be?" It is not moving..not really doing anything but puting on this light show..and I started to cross off everything it could not possibly be! It was not a plane...not a drone...not a dirigible..not a satellite...not Venus..

After I finished my business in the "small room", I went outside, where I could see it from a better vantage point and without a fly screen which was diffusing the image to my field of vision.

I went out on my balcony and sat there watching it for about 10 minutes. I didn't film it on my phone, because I know how blurry and ambiguous mobile phone footage can be.

So, I sat there watching this thing for about 10 minutes, before I thought that I would enjoy the light show much better with a cup of tea. I went inside to make the tea, was gone for all of about 5 minutes and when I went back to my balcony, the "thing" was gone! It had just vanished into the cloudless night sky... leaving me to go "well, that was curiously different".

Shivani Devi 09-07-2019 06:38 AM

I have been looking on YouTube trying to find videos close to that of what I saw last night..

These are pretty much it!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-lFPF5N7ycI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gL-la_c2Eac

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nhDGnN-Cgg8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IdJXtxKFb54

It has been dubbed the "Disco Ball Star" and stuffed if I know what it is.

Shivani Devi 09-07-2019 08:17 AM

More digging...

This star is called Capella in the constellation of Auriga.

The star cluster is composed of four stars...two binary stars which are THAT close, they appear as one star...and they interfere with each other's electromagnetic spectrum causing the results you see.

Now, why did I not see this as a child or even 20 years ago?

It is believed that one of the stars has gone Nova...or has even become a neutron star and the light from that is just reaching us NOW...and that two years ago, scientists picked up radio signals from Auriga indicative of a black hole or a neutron star.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mjsaEIc6vdY

Thing is, why would it just stop/vanish after about 15-20 minutes into a cloudless sky?

I can accept the part that it may be a star gone Nova, but why did it vanish so quickly? THAT is the part I just don't get!

Also, others have said they have seen it move around in circles..
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pIHoAbBHaVM

Also, some have said that it tends to change position from night to night over a week or two, before vanishing for months.

I tried looking outside in the night sky again tonight, but it is just way too overcast to even see any stars..so I will try again tomorrow night.

Explorer21 04-10-2019 06:45 AM

Shivani Devi, the light you saw must have been a UFO because it hovered motionless for as long as 20 minutes, something that a star NEVER does. Stars ALWAYS move very slowly, almost imperceptively, across the sky, so that the light you saw would have moved out of your vision within about 10 minutes or so, due to the window being small (if it had been a star).

The so-called "Star" of Bethlehem, that heralded Jesus' birth, is a good example of a hovering light. The Bible says the "star" stood STILL over the spot where Jesus was being born, which means it was really some kind of spacecraft. Stars do not hover motionless.

:smile:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
More digging...

This star is called Capella in the constellation of Auriga.

The star cluster is composed of four stars...two binary stars which are THAT close, they appear as one star...and they interfere with each other's electromagnetic spectrum causing the results you see.

Now, why did I not see this as a child or even 20 years ago?

It is believed that one of the stars has gone Nova...or has even become a neutron star and the light from that is just reaching us NOW...and that two years ago, scientists picked up radio signals from Auriga indicative of a black hole or a neutron star.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mjsaEIc6vdY

Thing is, why would it just stop/vanish after about 15-20 minutes into a cloudless sky?

I can accept the part that it may be a star gone Nova, but why did it vanish so quickly? THAT is the part I just don't get!

Also, others have said they have seen it move around in circles..
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pIHoAbBHaVM

Also, some have said that it tends to change position from night to night over a week or two, before vanishing for months.

I tried looking outside in the night sky again tonight, but it is just way too overcast to even see any stars..so I will try again tomorrow night.

JustASimpleGuy 04-11-2019 09:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I have been looking on YouTube trying to find videos close to that of what I saw last night..

These are pretty much it!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-lFPF5N7ycI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gL-la_c2Eac

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nhDGnN-Cgg8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IdJXtxKFb54

It has been dubbed the "Disco Ball Star" and stuffed if I know what it is.

Four years back I packed my telescope into my truck and headed to Newcomb, NY which is pretty much in the wilderness of the Adirondacks with a sky that comes in at 3 on the bortle scale, meaning it's very dark. There's a sand quarry that gives me good horizons as it is a hundred or so yards in every direction to the treeline.

It was about 2 or so in the morning and I was about to wrap things up when I caught something out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look and there was a very bright light slowly 'floating' through the forest at treetop level several hundred yards off. I watched for several minutes as it passed in front of some particularly tall trees and behind others. Eventually it passed behind one huge pine tree and never emerged. It was kind of like the light in the YT vids you linked but not pulsating. A very pure and brilliant white and it wasn't lighting up any of the treetops either.

Now there's nothing around the quarry. The closest town, Newcomb, is a good mile or two off and in the other direction and there are no houses or camps nearby.

Another incident was maybe three years back, again out with my telescope and when I lived in Rochester, NY. I drove out to Lakeside Beach State Park, right on Lake Ontario. I set up right on the shore on an 18 'hole' disc golf course. Now there's a lot of shipping traffic, especially coming out of Toronto and when not observing the night sky I'd sometimes watch it.

Again as I was beginning to load my equipment into my truck I notice three bright amber lights in a triangular pattern just above the water, maybe a mile or two out? It's hard to tell looking out over the water and especially at night.

These lights were odd. They were larger than marker or mast lights on ships and if you ever watched videos of orbs that's what they look like. They were the amberist amber I ever saw and they had defined edges, no diffraction. Then suddenly it looked like they either sunk or went over the horizon, but in my experience ships don't move over the horizon that quickly and I checked the news for a week for stories about a sinking on that part of Ontario. Nada.

I have absolutely no clue what either of them were, except they were unlike any lights I've ever seen.

Here's my rig:

Attachment 2845

BigJohn 05-11-2019 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Four years back I packed my telescope into my truck and headed to Newcomb, NY which is pretty much in the wilderness of the Adirondacks with a sky that comes in at 3 on the bortle scale, meaning it's very dark. There's a sand quarry that gives me good horizons as it was a hundred or so yards in every direction to the treeline.

It was about 2 or so in the morning and I was about to wrap things up when I caught something out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look and there was a very bright light slowly 'floating' through the forest at treetop level several hundred yards off. I watched for several minutes as it passed in front of some particularly tall trees and behind others. Eventually it passed behind one huge pine tree and never emerged. It was kind of like the light in the YT vids you linked but not pulsating. A very pure and brilliant white and it wasn't lighting up any of the treetops either.

Now there's nothing around the quarry. The closest town, Newcomb, is a good mile or two off and in the other direction and there are no houses or camps nearby.

Another incident was maybe three years back, again out with my telescope and when I lived in Rochester, NY. I drove out to Lakeside Beach State Park, right on Lake Ontario. I'd set up right on the shore on an 18 'hole' disc golf course. Now there's a lot of shipping traffic, especially coming out of Toronto and when not observing the night sky I'd sometimes watch it.

Again as I was beginning to load my equipment into my truck I notice three bright orange lights in a triangular formation just above the water, maybe a mile or two out? It's hard to tell looking out over the water and especially at night.

These lights were odd. They were larger than marker or mast lights on ships and if you ever watched videos of orbs that's what they looked like. They were the orangest orange I ever saw and they had defined edges, no diffraction. Then suddenly it looked like they either sunk or went over the horizon, but in my experience ships don't move over the horizon that quickly.

I have absolutely no clue what either of them were, except they were unlike any lights I've ever seen.

Here's my rig:

Attachment 2845

֍ Near Mt. Marcy...... largest mountain in New York State. I used to go to Lake Placid for dancing. ֎

Most people have no idea that New York State has some very large wilderness areas.

Where I live now, we have numerous telescope sites. It was only till recently that I came
to realize a lot of people have never seen the Milky Way - I assumed it was a given.

as for Rochester..... I also lived there.

Small World.

NAMASTE
नमस्ते

JustASimpleGuy 05-11-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
֍ Near Mt. Marcy...... largest mountain in New York State. I used to go to Lake Placid for dancing. ֎

Most people have no idea that New York State has some very large wilderness areas.

Where I live now, we have numerous telescope sites. It was only till recently that I came
to realize a lot of people have never seen the Milky Way - I assumed it was a given.

as for Rochester..... I also lived there.

Small World.

NAMASTE
नमस्ते

Small world indeed! :biggrin:

A while back when living in Rochester I purchased a used '87 Ranger 360V bass boat and the seller was in PA. I drove right by Cherry Springs and always intended to get out there with my telescope but never made it.

BigJohn 05-11-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Small world indeed! :biggrin:

A while back when living in Rochester I purchased a used '87 Ranger 360V bass boat and the seller was in PA. I drove right by Cherry Springs and always intended to get out there with my telescope but never made it.

Yelp.... you can see the Milky Way there. Did you see it?

You can also see there the International Space Station with your naked eyes.

Where I live, we went outside one night and watched with our naked eyes a Russian spaceship depart the International Space Station (ISS). Then we watched another Spaceship (Dragon) approach the ISS for docking.

JustASimpleGuy 05-11-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Yelp.... you can see the Milky Way there. Did you see it?

You can also see there the International Space Station with your naked eyes.

Where I live, we went outside one night and watched with our naked eyes a Russian spaceship depart the International Space Station (ISS). Then we watched another Spaceship (Dragon) approach the ISS for docking.

Oh yeah. I use a PC app called Stellarium to plot my observing sessions. It also shows satellite tracks. Ever hear of an iridium flare? When the geometry of orbit and orientation in accordance with the Sun and its orientation to Earth reflects off parts of the satellite it increases in magnitude and potentially by orders of magnitude.

The Milky Way.. I have another location near Indian Lake - Moose River Plains - and that's under bortle 2 class skies. The Milky Way at its widest takes up between 30 & 40 degrees of sky! Many DSOs are naked eye observable. Andromeda, M13 (the Great Cluster in Hercules) and the Double Cluster (an open star cluster below Cassiopeia and near Perseus) being three of my favorites.

I think my favorite DSO is M51 also known as the Whirlpool Galaxy. It's the one with a connected satellite galaxy. It's a spiral galaxy just below the last star in the handle of the Big Dipper. It's my monitor's wallpaper. Another really neat DSO is Bode's Nebula, which is actually a galaxy and right next to it is the Cigar Galaxy. If one bisects the Big Dipper's bucket from the lower corner near the handle to the upper corner and extends it about the same distance there they are.

Then there are the nebulae: Lagoon, Eagle, Trifid and Omega also called Swan nebula and they are in or near Sagittarius. The Eagle Nebula contains the Pillars of Creation, though my scope can't really resolve them. Oh, and of course the Orion Nebula. It's easily a naked eye DSO, even from Northampton Park which is maybe 10 miles west of Rochester.

I'm just a big kid when it comes to this stuff. Wonderment and humility are ever present when out under the stars.

Shivani Devi 23-11-2019 07:11 AM

You guys all need to seriously forgive me.

After not getting a reply to this thread for four months, I unsubscribed from it believing nobody else saw it.... ironic isn't it?

I like your set up "Simple Guy"...and can I call you something other than "Simple Guy?" I'd like to have that telescope! *jealous* =)

I really need to get myself out under the wide expanse of the universe more often than I do... there is just something about that experience which tends to just put everything else into perspective.

Since that time back in July, I haven't seen another UFO but then again, I haven't been looking either. We tend to forget there is stuff "up there" when we're too busy concentrating on what is going on "down here" ...like a fish in a fishbowl thinking it is swimming in the ocean...well, maybe it IS if it believes fishbowl=ocean.

..but yeah, I don't appreciate nature as much as I should...not many people do, really because every time we feel awe , reverence and wonderment, science always tries to explain all the emotions away with logic..."pi$$ off Science! I am trying to watch a beautiful sunset here!"