Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Reiki (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   turning clients away (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=117049)

Starry_Night 20-09-2017 08:18 PM

turning clients away

Hi everyone!

I am a receptionist at a yoga and healing center. I had a lady on the phone who was pretty rude and trying to schedule an appointment with a practitioner. Later, I thought about it and felt bad for the practitioner that would have to deal with her and that energy...

My question is have any of you turned away a client for being rude, or the energy of that individual passed boundaries? And what did you say or do?

Thank you!

vespa68 22-09-2017 11:27 PM

I think it shows something if she is rude and does not even know you. I have had to turn people away based on the questions they were asking

Gar81 23-09-2017 03:33 PM

Tough one, but I think it is these type of people that's need most help/healing

Starry_Night 29-09-2017 06:45 PM

Very true for both! I guess it depends on what your energy can handle at the time.

cosmicsacredheart 13-10-2017 06:16 AM

healthy boundaries is very essential for healers and everyone. For me as a healer, as I have my own business it gives me flexibility to turn down clients or potential clients whom are either being rude or otherwise. There can be hesitation about whether or not to be polite, kind to the other person, and if you are working with a company you may feel binded to giving the best customer service by making them happy.
I have realised it all comes from the heart, by still giving unconditional love to the other person, and choosing to turn down working with them is a choice. If a healer is at a high conscious state of awareness and is able to work with them, then do so. It all depends, I'd say to work closely with Spirit on guidance and how to act in situations that might feel challenging.

You can also discuss about this with the management of the company, especially with the owners on their values about how they take the view of treatment for employees working in their company :)

Starry_Night 19-10-2017 07:24 PM

That is great advice. I recently found a wellness center that I can rent out of/I'd be an independent contractor providing reiki for clients. I'm pretty excited for this first step and I will have to make sure I set up healthy boundaries. I got a really really bad cough and cold after working on a later a few years ago. She was very open to Reiki, but her energy wasn't in the best place and I absorbed it immediately after. It was a learning lesson and now I just have to remember to protect and ground myself before clients starting this new career path.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmicsacredheart
healthy boundaries is very essential for healers and everyone. For me as a healer, as I have my own business it gives me flexibility to turn down clients or potential clients whom are either being rude or otherwise. There can be hesitation about whether or not to be polite, kind to the other person, and if you are working with a company you may feel binded to giving the best customer service by making them happy.
I have realised it all comes from the heart, by still giving unconditional love to the other person, and choosing to turn down working with them is a choice. If a healer is at a high conscious state of awareness and is able to work with them, then do so. It all depends, I'd say to work closely with Spirit on guidance and how to act in situations that might feel challenging.

You can also discuss about this with the management of the company, especially with the owners on their values about how they take the view of treatment for employees working in their company :)