Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Taoism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Taoism and myself. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=33576)

Autums_Moon 07-04-2012 02:46 PM

Taoism and myself.

I am taking up Taoism, but I'm finding myself struggling...it should be normal right? when the mind enters a new world it has yet to grasp it hesitates. God...I know and feel the kind of person i can be...so, why, seriously why do I subconsciously stop myself from taking the bigger steps?

amy green 07-04-2012 02:56 PM

Maybe you should start with smaller steps - Taoism is a gentle philosophy.

Stillness_Speaks 07-04-2012 03:15 PM

“Even a journey of thousand miles must begin with a single step.” Lao Tzu
:smile:

TzuJanLi 09-04-2012 09:43 AM

Greetings..

To realize Tao is to strip away the illusions of 'beliefs'.. the mind is conditioned to hold-on to many beliefs.. the beliefs are the prison that confines the mind and the experience of existence..

Be well..

Sarian 13-04-2012 03:34 PM

While I do enjoy the Tao, I realized that if I try to 'take it up' it won't fit. I can't strip away illusions of beliefs either... I can only try to remind myself things, or let it all flow as it would. I am not good at explaining myself, or my own personal way, but when I stop fussing and fidgeting and trying to be something, then it all has this natural flow to it. It just comes and it's beautiful and lovely and I sense within it's just right.

Don't try to force and don't try to be it, just allow it. It will come when it's time. You have to stop fussing over it though. At least for me, that's what I have to do...stop the fussing. lol

John Elessar 13-04-2012 08:13 PM

The cultivation of Wu Wei is precisely the letting go of expectations and operating from a place of...synthesis between your disparate parts and that of the world, creating spontaneity in everything you do and everywhere you go.

Rin 14-04-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John DiFool
The cultivation of Wu Wei is precisely the letting go of expectations and operating from a place of...synthesis between your disparate parts and that of the world, creating spontaneity in everything you do and everywhere you go.

IOW you cannot "take up Taoism", the phrase the OP used. Taoism is letting go of it, Taoism itself, even more so when one was never a Taoist to begin with.

Paradoxical? Yes it is.

Xan 14-04-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autums_Moon
I am taking up Taoism, but I'm finding myself struggling...it should be normal right? when the mind enters a new world it has yet to grasp it hesitates. God...I know and feel the kind of person i can be...

so, why, seriously why do I subconsciously stop myself from taking the bigger steps?

We've come a long way from normal in this world, Autumns Moon. So, returning to the natural way of being is a big change. And change like this... a new way of viewing life and of experiencing yourself... will inevitably bring up fear.

To take the Taoist way with whatever resistance and fear you observe in yourself... simply accept whatever you feel as just what's happening right now... and let it flow on. Then a new sense of freedom gradually develops in you.

I find that conscious breathing in my belly helps this allowing and letting go a great deal.

Xan

TzuJanLi 16-04-2012 04:37 AM

Greetings..

Tao.. the 'way'.. as in the 'way' things are.. Philosophical Taoism is a study of the natural relationships in Life, and the intention of harmonizing with those relationships..

Be well..

BodhiChan 19-04-2012 12:26 AM

Any and all "struggles" we have are based on the illusions and attachments we inherit as part of our human condition. The ultimate attachment is to our "human" self which is our ego. This is the ultimate illusion. This is what "dying to self" means. This is the most difficult thing to do in our human existence but must be accomplished in order to achieve True enlightenment.

Namaste,

Bodhi