Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   The Inner Sound Current (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3703)

Xan 02-02-2011 09:49 AM

All sound takes place within the infinite silence.. the stillness. With a slight shift in awareness you can hear the sound and the silence beyond it together.

Like they say, it's the space between the notes that makes music. It's the silent context of non-physical sounds that causes them to arise.

Xan

Xan 02-02-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinu
...Am agreed, infact hearing this dhunatmik "Word" or "Anahad" or "Nida" or "Bange asmani" or "Naam" or "Shabd" or "Voice of silence" etc... is one and the only way to Salvation. Chinu

Yes... many names for one primal expression of existence.

But "the only way"? Surely you are joking, Chinu.

Xan

Miss Hepburn 02-02-2011 12:33 PM

Chinu, I understand your enthusiasm - I see it like a child with chocolate
ice cream saying, "This is IT! Chocolate is the only way to go!"
But, as an adult talking about salvatioin - it is a polarizing statement.
Meaning you push more people away than inspire them which I know is your intent.

Salvation is a touchy word also.
There is the Christian concept of sin, The Fall of Man, thus the need to saved,
or the Buddhist idea of being "saved" from suffering.

Btw, I agree with you in part - once you have experienced the Word or Naam
it is a Spoke to the Center - but not the only Spoke.

I'd say in your statement we have "only" as an issue and also "Salvation".

Would you reconsider?
:smile: Miss Hepburn

Shabda 21-03-2011 11:08 PM

ive been told by a member here that the Sound is only a mental mechanism, doe anyone agree? i ask only because the soul has an eye and an ear, the mind is not required to perceive a sound, it only springs into action from a sight or a sound, imho...

Miss Hepburn 22-03-2011 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabda
ive been told by a member here that the Sound is only a mental mechanism, doe anyone agree? i ask only because the soul has an eye and an ear, the mind is not required to perceive a sound, it only springs into action from a sight or a sound, imho...

A mental mechanism?
No, that would not be my personal experience.
It simply "is".

And just like a clock ticking on a wall - we can be in that room 8 hours
and never hear it -
then when someone points it out, it comes into focus and
something in us recognizes it was there all along.

If that helps.shrug.

Xan 22-03-2011 05:14 AM

Quote:

Since the mental function is only a memory mechanism these non-physical sounds cannot be only in the mind. These are "unstruck sounds" that arise unexpectedly and do not imitate physical sounds except by our mental associations with what they sound "like". They are heard through our spiritual senses just as inner light is seen and joy for-no-reason is felt.

Xan

Shabda 22-03-2011 05:25 AM

IMO you both are right, ive been beyond my mind and heard the Sound...It didnt appear to need mind to originate, and i didnt need mind to hear It, but It was there just the same...

God-Like 22-03-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Hi Shabda

I would say that the sound current Is present within and beyond mind . If we concentrate on the eye center In meditation within this focus over time we filter out the so called noise from the sound .

The sound draws our soul back home so to speak (that's when we release our soul from mind) to what we are beyond mind .

x daz x

Xan 22-03-2011 12:43 PM

Yes for sure, daz. We can tell where something comes from by where it takes us. Whatever comes from the mind generates more mind activity. The inner sound current takes us into the subtle realms of spirit.

Xan

BlueSky 22-03-2011 12:49 PM

Hi Xan! It's been a while.
Just wanted to say hello...................
Much love, James