Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Meditation makes me hungry! (?) (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=47387)

Tobi 14-02-2013 01:10 PM

Meditation makes me hungry! (?)

Does anyone else get this?

I meditate mostly at times when I would not normally get terribly hungry. (not just after eating, but when I am comfortable)
Well everything goes ok. Then when I have ended the meditation, (usually 30 minutes -45 minutes) though I feel good, I am starving hungry! Suddenly.

Another "side effect" is I need to pee! More than I would normally need to! (is that TMI? :D )
Basically the after effects are about the same as if I had been in the woods for 3 hours cutting logs, or been for a long walk....! Though my energy feels really good, and I am no way tired, nicely relaxed.

All of this is OK with me, no problem....it's just that I'm curious....does anyone else get anything like this?

AstralJosh 14-02-2013 01:42 PM

Chuckle, nothing's TMI on the internet.

Well i definitely become more aware of the status of my body so any slightly niggling concern
gets greatly exaggerated because the mind has more of a capacity to focus on it, rather
than process all the sensory inputs.

Saggi 14-02-2013 06:12 PM

Try grounding before you go into meditation,,,

Eating is a good grounding and it could just be your bodies way of doing it, if you're not quite grounded enough,,,

Peeing, releasing,,,

Go with the flow, man :smile:

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Ciqala 15-02-2013 01:09 AM

Oh... too many years as a fire tender, I thought replenishing the body with food after any spiritual ceremony was common knowledge. During meditation or any ceremony you use a lot of energy and restoring the body with good nutrients is both respectful and healthy after an energetic cleanse. We give some food to spirit as an offering, and then eat a nice hearty meal afterwards to replenish both, body, mind and spirit.

I'm not sure about needing to pee LoL, could just be you notice it more.

Yamah 15-02-2013 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstralJosh

Well i definitely become more aware of the status of my body so any slightly niggling concern
gets greatly exaggerated because the mind has more of a capacity to focus on it, rather
than process all the sensory inputs.

I think this sounds right.

WmBuzz71 15-02-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ciqala
Oh... too many years as a fire tender, I thought replenishing the body with food after any spiritual ceremony was common knowledge. During meditation or any ceremony you use a lot of energy and restoring the body with good nutrients is both respectful and healthy after an energetic cleanse. We give some food to spirit as an offering, and then eat a nice hearty meal afterwards to replenish both, body, mind and spirit.

I'm not sure about needing to pee LoL, could just be you notice it more.

I agree with this, also eating before meditation hinders the energy flow in ones body.

As for peeing, I am going through the same thing, usually about a half hour in meditation. I try not to concentrate on the bladder and work through it, or just get up and release it, and get back to my meditation.

The Sacral chakra governs the bladder, so it's a good thing that it is getting stimulated, for the need to pee.

Tobi 15-02-2013 12:06 PM

Thanks everyone for your ideas.
The peeing thing...I get that also if I've been walking -the sort of walks that get you warm - the circulation has been going, and I always treat it as a healthy thing -things flowing, cleansing, etc.
I was just curious as to why it happened when I'd been so still and relaxed...but yes, there is a lot of energy moved around during meditation. So it figures really.

harman 17-07-2013 10:18 PM

Hi,

I don't know about the peeing thing, but during my early years of meditation, I used to feel a lot hungry too, whenever I had a deep meditation and I'm not a person who feels hungry very frequently. In fact, feeling hungry after meditating is often an indication that you meditated well. This is something which I found out when I was searching for answers about my own experiences of feeling hungry whenever I had a deep meditation. So all is well :)

SMacGregor 25-07-2013 02:34 PM

Changed the thoughts in meditation to acceptance, co-operation, unconditional love and ultimately forgiveness.
Meditation re-establishes our inner peace and harmony Often our minds are so busy that finding an escape from the constant mind activity, through meditation, is liberating and can be likened to recharging our inner battery.

Gem 26-07-2013 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobi
Thanks everyone for your ideas.
The peeing thing...I get that also if I've been walking -the sort of walks that get you warm - the circulation has been going, and I always treat it as a healthy thing -things flowing, cleansing, etc.
I was just curious as to why it happened when I'd been so still and relaxed...but yes, there is a lot of energy moved around during meditation. So it figures really.

have a snack and have a pee