Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Mediumship (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Tarot and Oracle Cards and Medium Readings (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110861)

Lynn 17-02-2017 03:37 AM

Tarot and Oracle Cards and Medium Readings

Hello

I thought I would start a thread on this topic as many Medium's I know use what is seen as a "Psychic" tool in doing readings with those passed at times.

While some psychic's really down this activity they are a tool that is there like any other tool that is used in divination. It is there to be used if it is willing to open that energy.

For me being that I am both a Medium and a Psychic in equal standing I am never parted from my cards by much distance. I will often even have the deck I use the most out when someone comes for a Medium reading from me. It is made clear that I work in both worlds so they understand cards are a part of my path. I have had those that do not believe in them even come to me, as a natural Medium is hard to at times find. Many Psychics (sadly try and fake it) with their work.

There have been times when the cards have been in their box on the side table I keep them on away from where I sit to talk with a client.....and they have dropped off the table. This tells me that the spirit knows I can use them that way and they know they can better rely a message in that way. It is easy for a spirit to pull a card when shuffling the deck.

Lets say your in contact with a deceased and your trying to find something that will really nail it that you have the right person. Something more personal and you pull a card. Lets use one that fell from the deck once when I was doing a reading.

Psychic Tarot "Wisdom" Card. The image is of a man holding a book looking at a house in the distance with someone outside it. There is a light around the book, and a small dog beside him.

When this card fell out the focus was on the small "white dog" that looked exactly like the dog that this person owned in life. He the deceased husband wanted to know if the dog was OK and looking after his wife and Daughter.

So in this way I could have maybe picked up on a "dog" but so many have one, but maybe not a "small white dog". This is way more specific.

So has anyone else had the cards so help the path of connections ?

Lynn

TonyG 17-02-2017 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn
So has anyone else had the cards so help the path of connections ?

I haven't experienced them as you describe, but then I don't use cards as much as maybe I should, but as a tool, I think they're good.

One thing I've found is that if I have a few cards in front of me, it doesn't matter what cards, just changing the card, when I'm at that stuck moment, you know, when the flow has stopped, seems to give the reading a kick, it's as if new information is delivered when I look at a different card.
I believe it's just a refocusing of the mind but it works for me.

My favourite cards to use are plain colour cards.

Native spirit 17-02-2017 09:38 PM

I have got cards but I very rarely use them.i know a few mediums who use cards the same way that you do.
but I don't it doesn't do anything for me.

Namaste

Clover 18-02-2017 01:14 AM

Not to long ago I did a past life reading for a trusted friend. I used past life oracles. They showed me a pic of someone they felt a strong connection to ( a youth in pre cold war era). When I did the reading, I 'connected' very strongly with the external energy. I felt the strongest pull to my heart,a very heavy weight on my chest and shoulders. It felt like heart ache. It was so intense I told it kindly to 'go' and session over. The Past Life card pulled was of 'Love', with a picture of a red rose. The rose being red was the only color on the card. I am thinking the connection between the card and the individual was based on Lost love/ heartache. Because I am still new in the game, I still learning to trust my intuition muscles and convey these messages more clearly. In this case, fear got the best of me. Not sure if I am confident to do it again, really, I do these things more of hobby/fascination, even passion of the cards art. Time will tell where it will go...

Lynn its so funny you mentioned the 'gas' thing when working with divinity/mediumship. I am definitely noticing this more when I am using my tarot cards, it is highly fascinating now that I opened my awareness to it teehee

Serenifly 18-02-2017 04:09 AM

I love using oracle decks on myself, but have never used them in a mediumship reading ... I've never even considered it to be honest! but like I say I do enjoy using them daily on myself !

I love Collette Baron Reids cards, she has them free online too you can just pull yourself some each day! :)