Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Past Lives & Reincarnation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   I Have An Intense Urge To Move To New Zealand (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=104055)

CrystalKitty777 31-07-2016 04:20 PM

I Have An Intense Urge To Move To New Zealand

This may be entirely because I love nature-y places, full of green and flowers and wide open country places, so I don't know if it means anything really besides that.

jim78 01-08-2016 11:24 AM

I've always wanted to live in New Zealand too cos its the furthest point on the map.

H:O:R:A:C:E 01-08-2016 12:08 PM

60 Minutes had a story of a woman who moved to Africa within a
month after having visited it (she runs a school there now).
here's a New Zealand pic:

CrystalKitty777 01-08-2016 01:34 PM

I also love the Lord of the Rings films, so that's another major factor!

AHIYAH 02-08-2016 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrystalKitty777
This may be entirely because I love nature-y places, full of green and flowers and wide open country places, so I don't know if it means anything really besides that.

Would that be to live or a visit? Every year more and more of the beauty of Mother Earth is taken away. Mother Earth has been stripped of her beauty so people can whack a ball around a huge field that use to be full of Native trees. There are more retarded reasons why Mother Earth is being stripped, one just needs to look at all the cities to realise how deforestation looks after the fact.
Even if you are to move to AoTeaRoa and live, a little knowledge about the local lingo of the indigenous and their customs would go a longway for you and them. With that in mind Id say The Waka of Maui which you may know as the South Island has most of the scenic Beauty. Be Blessed

CrystalKitty777 02-08-2016 01:40 PM

The weird part is that whenever I try to tell other people about my plan to at least visit NZ, they often come up with a list of reasons why it's so expensive, so far away, and basically reasons not to move/visit there. :confused: Maybe it has something to do with my ego trying to convince me not to follow my dreams. I guess another reason I want to go is because I can't stand the winters here anymore. I get sick, I get cold, I get depressed. But then I keep thinking that moving to a different country from a country that is already fairly well off is just running away from my problems...whatever my problems may be. As usual, I'm overthinking everything.

AHIYAH 03-08-2016 03:36 AM

Quote:

The weird part is that whenever I try to tell other people about my plan to at least visit NZ, they often come up with a list of reasons why it's so expensive, so far away, and basically reasons not to move/visit there. :confused: Maybe it has something to do with my ego trying to convince me not to follow my dreams. I guess another reason I want to go is because I can't stand the winters here anymore. I get sick, I get cold, I get depressed. But then I keep thinking that moving to a different country from a country that is already fairly well off is just running away from my problems...whatever my problems may be. As usual, I'm overthinking everything.

And where would you be moving from? By all means follow your dreams. Unlike what you see in brochures it's best if you get local knowledge. Yes well when you get a Person running this country and has his hand in the federal Bank of America it's no wonder why there's tax on tax on tax making it expensive, yep he has a thinly hidden agenda, with a conflict of interest selling off assets to foreign buyers.
Just so you know some of us Maori do not recognise this place a New Zealand, we prefer AoTeaRoa, which means Ao=World or way of life, Tea=Bright and Roa in relation to time/being means long. Be careful though some of the whitest people here are actually Maori(long story). It might be a good idea to be welcomed onto a Marae by the local hapu/sub tribe. Depending on where you go you get a Powhiri/welcoming. Under the ancient code you as a munuhiri/visitor will be well looked after. Before you get to the gate of the Marae you will hear a woman doing a Karanga which is translated into English as Calling. It's significant that a woman does this. At some stage and if that Hapu does it, you will be met by a Toa/warrior doing his wero/challenge. This is to see if the visitors come in peace. He will then lay down a branch which is significant. When one of the visitors picks it up, it should be picked up with the palm of the hand facing upwards. This is also significant but in this day and age and foreigners that don't know we are quite lenient if certain things are ignored. By picking the branch up it is confirmed that the meeting that is about to take place is of peace.
So now the visitors are to move to a place called the Waharoa, I prefer not to translate this into English. When the visitors are there the speeches will begin. All this differs from Hapu to Hapu/subtribe. After the speeches are done the handshake(modern) and Hongi are started, this is the completeness of Peace between two Peoples ie the Tangata Whenua/People of the land and the Manuhiri/visitors. This is what the Maori word Wairua can also means. Wai=Water and Rua=two which means the coming together of two waters in this case two People's, btw Wairua is translated as Spirit. after this its off to the WhareKai/house of food, where a feed has been prepared by the Tangata Whenua/People of the Land. Later the Manuhiri will set down a Koha/gift/payment according to the hospitality of the Tangata Whenua. The Koha system is a very old system, long story.
Again this differs from hapu to Hapu. Doing it this way you the Manuhiri are treated as one of the Tangata Whenua but you do not have the same authority as the Tangata Whenua but you are now under their protection while you stay on the Marae. What's good about this system is that you get a better knowledge of the area, best fishing spots if there are any in that area, you may even get to the plants in the forest that you can eat and whole bunch of other stuff that won't be found in any brochures if you talk to the right people. This is just a brief summary of how things work here so if you do decide to follow your dream at least consider this post. Be Blessed:smile:

cdoliveira 03-08-2016 03:46 AM

Come over, CrystalKitty777! I will be waiting for you :D :D :D

cdoliveira 03-08-2016 03:47 AM

Quote:

CrystalKitty777 I am not going to lie, it is expensive indeed, VERY different from america or even Australia, shops all close at 5 pm, nothing exciting to do, but it is a beautiful and safe country with lovely people! :hug: :hug:

AHIYAH 05-08-2016 04:38 AM

Yeah watch what you've been told, this place can be dangerous for tourists that think its totally safe. That's why they end up returning to their country in body bags. Just a message for Crystalkitty777 and others wanting to fulfil their dreams of moving/visiting here, its best to come here in a group especially if you are touring or have a Marae experience with a group. If you know someone that lives here that would be a great way to stay safe if you stay with them. If I haven't mentioned it before the South Island has many of the picturesque views as shown in this thread.
We also have night markets here that you could buy things you can take home for memories of your stay here. Be aware we have people of all cultures selling their stuff and some it looks a little like Maori but we Maori know whats fake. I could tell you but it will end up being a book.lol just be safe.