Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Judaism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Is Yahweh "outside"? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130009)

Honza 19-06-2019 08:34 AM

Is Yahweh "outside"?

Is Yahweh a God who is "outside" of us? The OT never mentions the "God Within". Instead Yahweh came from above and spoke to people from the outside.

It is only indicative of todays spiritual climate that many people feel there is no God "outside". The outer world is barren. But I feel it has not always been so.

JosephineB 19-06-2019 08:57 AM

I don't know what it says in Judaism. But I think it's everywhere and everything, inside and outside. All that IS. Everything is One.

sky 19-06-2019 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
Is Yahweh a God who is "outside" of us? The OT never mentions the "God Within". Instead Yahweh came from above and spoke to people from the outside.

It is only indicative of todays spiritual climate that many people feel there is no God "outside". The outer world is barren. But I feel it has not always been so.

Yahweh is wherever you percieve Yahweh to be.

Dargor 19-06-2019 11:02 AM

The people who wrote the OT must have been hallucinating or under influence of some kind of narcotic substance. You either talk to god and are religious, or god talks to you and you are Psychotic. Truth is, he's nowhere except inside a fictional book called the bible.

JosephineB 19-06-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
The people who wrote the OT must have been hallucinating or under influence of some kind of narcotic substance. You either talk to god and are religious, or god talks to you and you are Psychotic. Truth is, he's nowhere except inside a fictional book called the bible.

Are there any bits of the holy books that make sense you?

sky 19-06-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

You are not alone in thinking about Narcotic Substances being used by biblical scribes etc:

Moses for one is said to have gone on various ( Trips) not just to the Promised Land either. He spoke to a burning bush and stones.... , saw clouds of smoke settling on the top of mountains.

Biblical Scholars have found the psychedelic substance in a drink called Ayahuasca is extracted from plants that grow in the Holy Land and in the Sinai peninsula.

Certain biblical verses definitely mention plants/herbs being used in various religious rituals.

Dargor 20-06-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Are there any bits of the holy books that make sense you?

Let's see… Nope. The bible is only full of negativity from the OT to the NT. Can't fnd anything inspiring.

Dargor 20-06-2019 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
You are not alone in thinking about Narcotic Substances being used by biblical scribes etc:

Moses for one is said to have gone on various ( Trips) not just to the Promised Land either. He spoke to a burning bush and stones.... , saw clouds of smoke settling on the top of mountains.

Biblical Scholars have found the psychedelic substance in a drink called Ayahuasca is extracted from plants that grow in the Holy Land and in the Sinai peninsula.

Certain biblical verses definitely mention plants/herbs being used in various religious rituals.

Typical symptoms of losing touch with reality. In modern times we call it Schizophrenia and psychosis, but back then they were convinced it were messages of god.

JosephineB 20-06-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Let's see… Nope. The bible is only full of negativity from the OT to the NT. Can't fnd anything inspiring.

I'm loathed to quote this in a way because by what you've written previously you've had Christianity and the bible quoted at you enough to last a lifetime already. But anyway, one example below. I think it's a hard thing to deny that the holy books have some beautiful words and poetry in. I'm not religious or a Christian btw.

Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity - Timothy 4.12.

Dargor 20-06-2019 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I'm loathed to quote this in a way because by what you've written previously you've had Christianity and the bible quoted at you enough to last a lifetime already. But anyway, one example below. I think it's a hard thing to deny that the holy books have some beautiful words and poetry in. I'm not religious or a Christian btw.

Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity - Timothy 4.12.

That quote sounds nice, but the few good stuff doesn't add up to all the overwhelming dark and negative stuff found throughout the bible. And on top of that, this quote only seems to be aimed at Christians.