Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Paganism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Moon Charging Candles (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=124119)

Lepus 26-07-2018 07:18 PM

Moon Charging Candles

Hello

Does anyone charge candles before doing a spell during the full moon? I was thinking of having my glass candle outside for the full moon to absorb the energies whilst cleansing it and then perform the candle magic on a Sunday for an employment spell for someone. You always hear about charging crystals why not candles, right?

I would also like some suggestions on how to 'dress' my candle for an employment spell. This is completely new to me and would like some ideas. I'm using a green glass candle.

Lrpus

SaturninePluto 27-07-2018 03:45 PM

Hi.

I've yet to try and charge candles under a full moon. I used to charge an old tarot deck this way though. I remember always trusting that the deck of tarot had been cleansed in this manner.

As for candle dressing- I am not one to dress my candles with oil or carve runes into them.

Personally I would dress my candles with herbal ingredients that resonate with the type of spell being cast.

In the example of new employment- I would use clover, and other such money herbs.

My personal preference would be to steep clover in a pot of olive oil, and make an herbal oil. After the oil cools, put it in a jar, and use it for candle dressings of money/ abundance type spell work.

Those are my thoughts on it anyway.

Blessings.

Lepus 28-07-2018 12:16 AM

Hello SaturninePluto

I sort of had an idea on what to include on this candle spell prior to this thread but having others share some ideas is always helpful. I'm planning on using herbs and oils to dress my candle. The oil bit was the issue for me as I have very limited oils to use. I'm not sure what to apply for an employment spell using oils, fortunately you gave me an idea on making my own job oil. Thanks! I will need to check my herb collection if I have any clovers but there are other herbs that can be used for this spell. Just need to look online for herbs that correspond to employment. Speaking of runes, I'm using several runes on my glass candle with the person's name above it. I will include a petition on my candle as well. Wish me luck. :smile:

Lepus

Chrysalis 28-07-2018 01:58 AM

I'm interested about your spell casting, especially since you mentioned runes. :D

SaturninePluto 28-07-2018 04:42 AM

Much luck to you Lepus, glad to be of help.

Hoping it works out very well both for yourself and the other individual.

Blessings.

Lepus 01-08-2018 05:01 PM

Hi Chrysalis

I've been drawn to rune magick a while ago after reading about it from a website. I'm sure you're aware about the magickal uses of runes when inscribing them into a candle or other items to bring forth a desired effect. That's exactly what I'm doing for this employment spell. I've used several runes that correspond to success, employment, and prosperity. I would have each rune vibrate while carving the symbol on my candle. Since I'm using glass I've used a green permanent marker. I've thought of leaving the candle outside on a full moon for charging and cleansing. The inscribed runes would also be charged by the moon's energy. I've decided to burn my candle on a new moon which gives me time to make my employment oil and gather other essential ingredients for this spell. Here's the webpage on runes that I've used for a quick reference.

Thanks, SaturninePluto.

Lepus

Chrysalis 01-08-2018 05:26 PM

Thanks Lepus for the link. It seems quite interesting and yes, I do know that runes can be carved, painted, etc on just about anything. Good luck with your spell!