Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tears during meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=117473)

EarthAngel 07-10-2017 02:04 PM

Tears during meditation

So in the short time I have been meditating in comparison to a lot of people, I cried for the first time during my session the other night as I felt more and more connected to myself. I didn't even think I needed a cry at the time which is the best part! It came as such a surprise but I feel so emotionally cleansed! I am so grateful I have finally found a pathway to feeling more comfortable with myself and the way that I am, it is without a doubt helping my level of acceptance and expanding on the connection with my higher being.

Dude 07-10-2017 02:15 PM

Sounds a wonderful experience :)

EarthAngel 07-10-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude
Sounds a wonderful experience :)

It really was, i thought my heart was gonna burst with light!

blossomingtree 07-10-2017 10:21 PM

Tears, I remember :smile:

jonesboy 09-10-2017 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EarthAngel
So in the short time I have been meditating in comparison to a lot of people, I cried for the first time during my session the other night as I felt more and more connected to myself. I didn't even think I needed a cry at the time which is the best part! It came as such a surprise but I feel so emotionally cleansed! I am so grateful I have finally found a pathway to feeling more comfortable with myself and the way that I am, it is without a doubt helping my level of acceptance and expanding on the connection with my higher being.

Such tears are you letting stuff go and the opening from such letting go.

Meditation is a powerful practice.

I wish you all the best,

Tom

dream jo 28-10-2017 06:00 PM

yes i had it 2 on off i hav

Shaunc 28-10-2017 11:53 PM

Ajahn Chah, a famous Theravada Buddhist monk of the Thai forrest monks tradition writes in one of his books that you have not meditated deeply until you have cried several times during your meditation practice.

Tobi 30-10-2017 12:23 AM

I sense such things are positive, cleansing and healing. I sense that when they happen it is centered in the opening/developing Heart chakra. Let the tears come. They are like Spring rain.
Of course, there are many kinds of tears. The heart-centered ones you will know when they come.

Urfus 30-10-2017 07:21 AM

EarthAngel,

it looks like you did the meditation right - crying is a positive sign.. it helped you release some "unnecessary stuff" that had been attached to you..

once something similar happened to me.. but instead of crying I burst into laughter that lasted with some pauses for 5 minutes.. now when I recall it, I can't find out for what reason I laughed, there was no funny thought that had come to my mind during that meditation..

Perhaps there exist more ways how can one experience the release :-)

dream jo 30-10-2017 10:06 AM

in way u cllensens yore sollle wen u did ths u did