Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Loving Tributes & Remembrance (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   Robin Williams: Comedian, Actor, Inspiration. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=73076)

Renessme 12-08-2014 03:35 PM

I remember him from his movie bicentennial man. I love that movie! Shows how love is indeed very powerful that even a robot learned how to love. He will be missed. Such talent. And unfortunately it is true in his case that the people who makes others laugh are usually the ones who are in despair inside.

Arcturus 12-08-2014 05:06 PM

mork and mindy,,,bread and butter...he hadn't seemed right for a long whiles...strange he died like his on screen son in "the best dad in the world" i think it was called...odd film that was...thats if he did die of asphyxiation? something strange occurring maybe? rip man, thanks for the laughs

Native spirit 12-08-2014 09:33 PM

:angel8: Robin was a great entertainer his movies his programmes toutched everyone, the world has lost another great actor may he rest in peace.lets hope the media leave his family to grieve in peace.

Namaste

Tobi 12-08-2014 11:22 PM

I am glad you posted this, Aki.
Robin Williams was a nice man, I always sensed that. May his spirit be blessed on his journey home now.

norseman 13-08-2014 07:44 AM

He was a rarity i.e. a genuinely funny man. He would have blended well with Monty Python which is the highest praise I can give. Will be greatly missed.

knightofalbion 13-08-2014 02:34 PM

My favourite Robin Williams clip ....

Particuarly poignant under the circumstances ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYonzhFT_z4

Raven Poet 13-08-2014 10:52 PM

Aki, I am so grateful that you started a thread on the tragic passing of Robin Williams. Thank you for doing so; he has been on my mind ever since the news of his death.

He was a hero of mine in my "teeny bopper" years, when the TV show "Mork & Mindy" came out. I dressed up like Mork on Halloween and borrowed his sayings like "Shazbot!" And whenever a movie came out that featured Mr. Williams, I made sure to watch it. I loved his fabulous acting talent! He repeatedly showed us that he was much more than a typecasted comedian; his roles in "Good Will Hunting", "Dead Poets Society", "Rain Man", "Mrs. Doubtfire", and my favourites "Patch Adams" and "What Dreams May Come" proved he was an extremely talented actor artist. He was one in a gazillion.

I was so shocked and sad to hear of his death. It made me ask so many things, like: why couldn't all his "friends" have reached out to him through the paralysing fog of depression and cradled him in his hours of darkness? All these Hollywood celebrities saying it's such a tragedy ... blah blah blah. I've heard this so many times before about the tragic death of gifted actors ... when will somebody DO something other than just talk about it? Depression and suicidal thoughts happen to ALL people, including the "rich and famous".

Perhaps some people mistakenly thought he was immune to suicide because of his wealth and status. We know for certain that mental illness does not know wealth and status and fame ... it strikes people down despite their station in life. And it took another gifted artist too early.

My prayers are with his soul and his family.

Tobi 13-08-2014 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightofalbion
My favourite Robin Williams clip ....

Particuarly poignant under the circumstances ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYonzhFT_z4

That happens to be one of my favourite movie clips of all time, Knight. Thank you for posting it.

Raven Poet 13-08-2014 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hope33
I'm just hearing the news from you guys...so very sad.

Have you ever noticed a sadness in his eyes? I had.
People who are battling with demons hide behind their humour very well.
Such a pity for his life to have ended at it has.

Rest in peace Mr. Williams.....

Yes, Hope33! I saw it! His eyes often looked sad ... and lonely! I am touched that you saw it ... and I wish so much that those closer in his circle had seen it and had been able to do something about it. :crybaby2:

Raven Poet 13-08-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Amen to that, ajay.

My son loved What Dreams May Come, I loved Aladdin, my son and I watched it over and over, and I especially adored him in Patch Adams.

If I had had a daughter instead of a son, I was going to name her Robyn -- Robyn Lindsey because he lit up the world with a zest for life you just couldn't ignore. (I named my son after Sean -- Sean Connery, heh...)

Well, I blame doctors for not being more careful with the anti-depressants etc. They don't seem to care what happens to people, rich or poor!

Yeah, Silvergirl, I was feeling anger at his doctor(s) too. Many celebrities were under the "care" of doctors ... and yet their illness still took their lives. To all the doctors of Hollywood: stop counting the money and start caring for the person behind the celebrity status!!!!