Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Non Duality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   A veiw on distraction (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119415)

Gem 24-12-2017 01:30 AM

A veiw on distraction

As is my way of making threads, this is a practice thread. I am convinced that there is no reasonable way of discussing spiritual practice without being in practice as well.

Walk the talk. Not in any expectation that we'll be perfect and without distraction, because we surely will, but neither become swept away on a pretty much permanent basis, and endeavour as best we can to keep some part of the awareness with itself, in its own presence. If this means a dilligent practice of returning to yourself, then best persist in that.

Being aware of what the mind is doing, the conscious knowing of that, makes it obvious that I am not the thoughts there, not the world I perceive around, but the one who is aware of the nature of thoughts, be they kind, malicious, competitive or other nature of the intent.

Now I question, while you read the above, did you remain consciously aware of what you created in mind? Can you now remember the nature of such thoughts. Moreso, can you recognise the nature of the intent behind them?

Gem 24-12-2017 01:39 AM

I left the OP on its own, but I had more to say which would be remiss to neglect.

If we're in the practice (If not, this thread is pointless), there is a liklihood this will lead to self-encounters which pique emotional sensitivity, and considering our own sensitivity, and the sensitivity of others, it is necessary to maintain an attitude of mutual respect, understanding, consideration and care.

mihael_11 24-12-2017 06:38 AM

What when you are still building your practice? How do you do it? first you have to investigate, find out what is going on, what is possible.

Sometimes you have to go beyond, whatever that means, you have to create something that it is possible to walk the talk and you talk until you have the power and clear insight of what you want to do, it may take years.

Everybody would like to walk, you can't walk until you are ready-grown up.

swampgrl 24-12-2017 06:44 AM

Imagination and distraction go hand in hand.

Name the one thing that cannot be imagined and that's the one real thing (everything 'else' is a distraction).

rijhumal 24-12-2017 02:05 PM

I have been remained in distraction and im0rovement but my thoughts have constantly stuck in a circle .now striving to get relief but failed

Gem 25-12-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mihael_11
What when you are still building your practice? How do you do it? first you have to investigate, find out what is going on, what is possible.

Sometimes you have to go beyond, whatever that means, you have to create something that it is possible to walk the talk and you talk until you have the power and clear insight of what you want to do, it may take years.

Everybody would like to walk, you can't walk until you are ready-grown up.

Yes, we like to think we can do something, but there is only noticing, and in meditation the mind wanders off into the dream, and we can't plan that moment where we realise we became distracted. That moment when we realise is sudden and unexpected, and in realising, 'I see myself distracted' we are simultaneously self-aware.

Gem 25-12-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampgrl
Imagination and distraction go hand in hand.

Name the one thing that cannot be imagined and that's the one real thing (everything 'else' is a distraction).

Even in naming there is imagination, but in the instant of what is immediately noticed...

Gem 25-12-2017 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rijhumal
I have been remained in distraction and im0rovement but my thoughts have constantly stuck in a circle .now striving to get relief but failed

In life we construct failure out of expectation, but apart from not attaining whatever we expect of ourselves, there is no failure. All striving is the desire for what is expected. But for just 10 or 20 seconds we may cease all efforts, not try, and discover if such pause is relieving.

Sonolil 01-01-2018 11:36 AM

Walk the talk.
Talk the walk.
You walkie talkies.

swampgrl 04-01-2018 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonolil
Walk the talk.
Talk the walk.
You walkie talkies.

That explains the incessant feedback loop.