Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritualism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   I think i may have figured out my religion (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37822)

aero87 24-06-2012 01:31 AM

I think i may have figured out my religion

For awhile now I've been fascinated with "death" for some reason. it started with me doubting the religious view I'd been raised with, which is that there is no soul. Then I started reading about NDEs, then on what heaven was like, and so on. After awhile I started to think of death as just a transition phase, but couldn't really find a belief system that meshed with my beliefs. I still believed in a creator and couldn't bring myself to become a pagan. But I couldn't believe in salvation through another parson again, either. Then I found spiritualism, and from what I've read so far, I think this may be it. :)

Serenity Bear 24-06-2012 07:20 AM

Keep reading and see how you go. Your journey is very similar to mine. I started out as one religion and it really didnt answer all the questions I had, infact they were lacking. Then I worked out a belief system of my own and later found out it was called Spiritualism, so the name came after.

Just read all you can and come to your own conclusions. Safe Journey!

psychoslice 24-06-2012 07:29 AM

Well in fact no belief system is it, you are already all that IS, no matter what you believe doesn't change anything, in fact belief systems only get in the way.

knightofalbion 24-06-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aero87
For awhile now I've been fascinated with "death" for some reason. it started with me doubting the religious view I'd been raised with, which is that there is no soul. Then I started reading about NDEs, then on what heaven was like, and so on. After awhile I started to think of death as just a transition phase, but couldn't really find a belief system that meshed with my beliefs. I still believed in a creator and couldn't bring myself to become a pagan. But I couldn't believe in salvation through another parson again, either. Then I found spiritualism, and from what I've read so far, I think this may be it. :)

Good for you! I wish you well on your journey of discovery.

mac 25-06-2012 12:32 PM

My buddy psycho is correct - belief systems won't cut it for you.

Stick with (Modern) Spiritualism where belief isn't needed as there is abundant evidence for those who will look....

good luck - welcome on board

Dragonfhain 09-07-2012 11:48 AM

Good luck with it all. Keep following into it and enjoy :D

~Blessed be

mac 09-07-2012 11:55 AM

It seems aero87 wasn't interested in going any further with what (s)he wrote...... :rolleyes:

psychoslice 09-07-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac
It seems aero87 wasn't interested in going any further with what (s)he wrote...... :rolleyes:

Yea, I hate when they do that lol.

Shazzysun 11-05-2013 10:00 PM

You are on the right path. Spirituality is the way to go. Keep searching and it will become clear as you move along your journey. Definitely on the right track!

Mr. Jadeitestone 30-05-2013 04:25 PM

The Same

Quote:

Originally Posted by aero87

Screw religion. It's filled with dogmatic beliefs that tell you to submit and obey or you will forever burn in Hell. While I am a spiritualist, I also consider myself to be a Taoist as I am very close to nature and believe wholeheartedly in balance. I have had metaphysical experiences and have been overpowered and felt the presence of ghosts. I see and hear them from time to time and know that experience is more then juat religion.