Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Faiths of Indigenous Peoples (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Giant Telescope on Sacred Ground in Hawaii (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130432)

Lepus 19-07-2019 09:38 PM

Giant Telescope on Sacred Ground in Hawaii

Hello

The locals aren't happy with the construction of the giant telescope near a sacred mountain/volcano in Hawaii. More specifically, the indigenous Hawaiian people are against it, so they've decided to block and protest against the construction of said telescope. The kupuna (elders) were also involved in the protest.

I don't know how I feel about building a telescope near a volcano. But this sounds like the indigenous people have no say on this project just like the natives in Dakota who were against the pipeline. Anyway, I just saw this on the news so I decided to share.

Hawaiian protesters seek to block telescope project

Lepus

BigJohn 20-07-2019 01:41 AM

Near where I live, a company wants to restart a copper mine that began producing ore in the 1890's.... Guess what, the mine is on sacred holy land.

Native spirit 22-07-2019 02:45 AM

The governments don't care the treaties signed by the Natives mean nothing to them .they think they can do what ever they want.where they want .

people get in the way arrest them that is the governments policy, its money that matters to them nothing else,

but the tide will turn the people will come together.then nothing will stop them

Namaste

Aethera 03-08-2019 02:07 AM

It's sad that the government has no respect towards sacred ground.:icon_sad:
It's called it for a reason.

Hawaiian Dreams 31-10-2019 07:32 AM

There are many protectors of the mountain. Although I haven't made the physical journey up there, I have donated and shared information that other protectors can use.

7luminaries 10-11-2019 08:18 PM

We ignore the wisdom of native cultures at our peril. I hope we learn sooner rather than later than this existence is about community and sustainability, and honouring humanity and other life.

So far, our mainstream culture's greed, arrogance, and dishonouring others and other life to satisfy our momentary desires and our need for control has led us in the wrong direction.

Taking ownership of all these things that we have done in the mainstream culture with repentance and humility is the only way forward in a different direction, toward sustainability and reconciliation.

So far, the resistance toward ownership of our actions is really just entrenched. But I have to hope and believe that standing for the simple reality that these things have and are happening -- and refusing to deny them -- will eventually lead to acceptance and awakening.

Peace & blessings :hug3:
7L

BigJohn 11-11-2019 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7luminaries
We ignore the wisdom of native cultures at our peril. I hope we learn sooner rather than later than this existence is about community and sustainability, and honouring humanity and other life.

So far, our mainstream culture's greed, arrogance, and dishonouring others and other life to satisfy our momentary desires and our need for control has led us in the wrong direction.

Taking ownership of all these things that we have done in the mainstream culture with repentance and humility is the only way forward in a different direction, toward sustainability and reconciliation.

So far, the resistance toward ownership of our actions is really just entrenched. But I have to hope and believe that standing for the simple reality that these things have and are happening -- and refusing to deny them -- will eventually lead to acceptance and awakening.

Peace & blessings :hug3:
7L

Have you ever studied Native American history?

Examine treaties signed by Native Americans?

How much interaction have you had with Native Americans?