Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Healing (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   The Problem of Human Suffering. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17040)

Time 12-06-2011 06:36 PM

The only thing is, theres a HUGE difference between suffering by own own hands when it can be prevented, and suffering, because well, thats life.......

- me

" because thats life", is an asteroid, sometimes things just happen, and asteroid hitting the earth isnt very pleasurable for anything

Xan 12-06-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gem
It's just role play. I also saw you play it with sound.

hmm... Maybe something's happened in your life to make you more mistrustful, Gem, and not able to sense caring when it's actually here.

I guess you'll see this comment also as 'game playing', but what you see is not necessarily what is actually here, eh?

Xan

Xan 12-06-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackie-b
Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj suggests that accepting pain takes you deeper than pleasure does.

Now all I have to do is to practice this :icon_eek:

jackie... I've found that naturally breathing in the lower belly, below the navel, helps very much in accepting whatever is here... pain or pleasure.

With conscious breathing when pain comes it goes more easily, and pleasure deepens.

Xan

moke64916 12-06-2011 10:17 PM

The suffering of all humans massed together is irrelivant (to me at least) because this kind of thing cannot be "fixed" on a mass scale because no one person is on the same level of suffering as another and the path of healing is an individual and extreemly personal thing.

One thing I know for sure is that acceptance and understanding is the key to relieving areas of personal suffering, but it will not end suffering altogether because new hardships arise constantly.[/quote]

It takes one person to lead by example to start shifting the countries/worlds consciousness as a whole. "How do you eat an elephant? Answer: 1 bite at a time. If all of us people with positive attitudes lead by example your putting new consciousness out there. You make a book on it. Your effecting a groups consciousness. Once your aware of something, your conscious of it, and therefore can change it. Motivational speaker. In Jesuses time, he shifted the worlds consciousness by leading by example. That is how you great change. You have to be a leader.

NightSpirit 13-06-2011 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Time
The only thing is, theres a HUGE difference between suffering by own own hands when it can be prevented, and suffering, because well, thats life.......

- me

" because thats life", is an asteroid, sometimes things just happen, and asteroid hitting the earth isnt very pleasurable for anything

Hi Time

An asteroid crashing into earth could very well mean the end of earth and the end of human suffering. I'm not sure how we got from Gem's OP to this point. There are many things I could say right now to your train of thought, but I feel that I should leave it alone. Nature has always caused human suffering, thats co-existance for you, but suffering by one's own hand is another thing all together....and although Gem's OP doesn't specifically point to either/or...then its best for me to leave this where it is.

Cheers friend :smile:

Gem 13-06-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan
hmm... Maybe something's happened in your life to make you more mistrustful, Gem, and not able to sense caring when it's actually here.

I guess you'll see this comment also as 'game playing', but what you see is not necessarily what is actually here, eh?

Xan

This is it and it's a vewry simple thing. Everything I say to you is actually about me, and everything you say tome is also about me. Ie I can't say anything in a general sense without you using to to fulfill your role by seeing me ia a light which plays some other part.

OK. That game has been going on since I used the knitting needle baby example, and I can tell you right now, all that you've made up about me only serves your part in a charade.

Gem 13-06-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Like a chain saw cutting you from the throat to the gut?
Sometimes, of course, you have the sledgehammer full force in the chest cavity.
Then others, you may have the cyanide burning and killing you slowly from the inside out with a fist turning your heart away from it's connecting veins.

:cool:

I know you put into a relationship emotional context (which I edited out), but I read it quite literally, and of all your posts I have ever read I like this one the most! It's very touching, maybe not in the 'Ahm all Luveh duveh' sense, but in a way that makes me cringe... and really, I appreciate that.

:thumbsup:

Time 13-06-2011 02:06 PM

"An asteroid crashing into earth could very well mean the end of earth and the end of human suffering. I'm not sure how we got from Gem's OP to this point. There are many things I could say right now to your train of thought, but I feel that I should leave it alone. Nature has always caused human suffering, thats co-existance for you, but suffering by one's own hand is another thing all together....and although Gem's OP doesn't specifically point to either/or...then its best for me to leave this where it is.""

I think you hit the nail ont he head there. Suffering is inevitable, its always a part of the universe when it comes to life ( some would call it chaos and , ya even the devil). IT has lots to do with this thread, becasue lots of human suffering isnt even our fault. Look at the volcanoes, earthquakes and tsunamis that have happened in the last few years, other then the fact our actions are making weather worse ( as part of a natural trend), its out of our hands....

The problem with human suffering is that we seem to think we can stop it all. Other then the suffering we do to ourselves ( burning forests, bad food, unhealthy diets and lifestyles, war, hate, greed, reigion etc), we cant ever totaly get rid of human suffering. What we see as suffering, is evolution in action, even by our own hands, becasue we are a species that is learing and trying to find our nitch.

Its like the whole utopian dream. It will never happen, because even if you get rid of human caused suffering, nature wont have a second though of thrwoing what ever it can at us ( not on purpose, just in general)..

So i guess the problem with human suffering, is that we think we can eliminate it totaly, which is just a pipe dream. The real problem is making it as less and self inflicted as we can, and understanding that nature will make us suffer... its how we evolve.......

Miss Hepburn 13-06-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gem
I know you put into a relationship emotional context (which I edited out), but I read it quite literally, and of all your posts I have ever read I like this one the most! It's very touching, maybe not in the 'Ahm all Luveh duveh' sense, but in a way that makes me cringe... and really, I appreciate that.

:thumbsup:

It's very touching, eh? Was it the heart being twisted disconnecting it from veins ----that must have been the part...

I have many more images of pain from relationships, btw, many having to do with
burning, searing, and other modern mechanical cutting instruments.
:D

NightSpirit 13-06-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
It's very touching, eh? Was it the heart being twisted disconnecting it from veins ----that must have been the part...

I have many more images of pain from relationships, btw, many having to do with
burning, searing, and other modern mechanical cutting instruments.
:D

oooohhh...kinky :D