Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Divination (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Alternative use of Divination?? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130748)

Supnmjc 12-08-2019 02:23 PM

Alternative use of Divination??

Although I’ve not practiced for as long as some people in the art of divining, it comes very clearly to me. It has always been obvious what actions will lead to what, how events will go, and whatnot. I love reading my Tarot cards and I want to spend more time getting familiar with them and using them.
But I with what knowledge I have of time and the universe, I feel like divining what’s to come or how one should handle what’s coming feels kind of...fruitless? I hope that doesn’t offend any diviner’s because what you all do is amazing and there are people who have so much more knowledge than me. But my view is that time is ‘set’. Not that I don’t believe in free will, but I believe in the pre-existence of said choices and an already existent time line that is unchanging even as we change our lives. Like, I could make a choice and then at the last minute change my mind and ‘alter fate’ but I believe it would always have gone that way.

Anyways!

I’m just asking if there’s any way I can use my divining to help people or guide them in a way that isn’t just telling them what they want to hear or spoiling the future for them. I’m not really good at finding things or getting precise words, but I am empathic and can read people and often animals very well, although I’m still dealing with getting them out of my head when I dont want them there.

I feel like I need a teacher or a spirit guide, but I don’t know where to look, how to start, or what to listen for.

utopiandreamchild 12-08-2019 09:14 PM

If devination is in you future you will love it with all your heart if not then choose the path that is truely in your heart. Only you know the answer to that my friend. Amen

JohnHermes 12-08-2019 09:26 PM

The tarot in themselves are supposed to be psychological(spiritual) tool. I'd make them clear that it'll reveal stuff about themselves they might not like. Each card an archetype of personalities and impersonal forces that govern them. Why not do a one quick card draw and ask about what your next mission is?

utopiandreamchild 13-08-2019 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
If devination is in you future you will love it with all your heart if not then choose the path that is truely in your heart. Only you know the answer to that my friend. Amen

Knock and the door will open. Seek and you will find. Ask and it shall be given. Amen

Lynn 13-08-2019 02:23 AM

Hello

I know well how to read Tarot Cards the traditional layouts and the traditional decks and well I am like "snore" as its not really whom I am. I never had a deck until I was in my 40's as I never wanted to be that lady behind a table doing readings.

I have found the greatest "gift" we have is intuition as it is something that on some levels we all have. I have come to find that readings are a lot more interesting and useful when I use a deck as the guide for a reading and not the tool for the reading. Out the door goes the guide book and traditional spreads. I will sit with the person in person or on line and read what energy is around them.

I have come to find what a reading shows is more useful and accurate for them as life does have ebbs and flows in its path and most of all those forks in the road that change the path that might be laid out in the cards.

I have done for a few years now the "Year Ahead" look and the feedback I get shows that it is a path that for me works well.

Lynn

utopiandreamchild 13-08-2019 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

I know well how to read Tarot Cards the traditional layouts and the traditional decks and well I am like "snore" as its not really whom I am. I never had a deck until I was in my 40's as I never wanted to be that lady behind a table doing readings.

I have found the greatest "gift" we have is intuition as it is something that on some levels we all have. I have come to find that readings are a lot more interesting and useful when I use a deck as the guide for a reading and not the tool for the reading. Out the door goes the guide book and traditional spreads. I will sit with the person in person or on line and read what energy is around them.

I have come to find what a reading shows is more useful and accurate for them as life does have ebbs and flows in its path and most of all those forks in the road that change the path that might be laid out in the cards.

I have done for a few years now the "Year Ahead" look and the feedback I get shows that it is a path that for me works well.

Lynn

I would say the greatest gift we have is love one to another the rest of it we have because we love it so much other than that there nothing aside from the darkness which I give thanks for. Without you there can be no light. Amen

Supnmjc 14-08-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnHermes
The tarot in themselves are supposed to be psychological(spiritual) tool. I'd make them clear that it'll reveal stuff about themselves they might not like. Each card an archetype of personalities and impersonal forces that govern them. Why not do a one quick card draw and ask about what your next mission is?

Thank you! That’s true about Tarot and that’s very helpful!

Supnmjc 14-08-2019 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Lynn

Thank you so much, I think that’s what I need to do as well. I am just still working on accumulating trust of myself and that’s pretty key. Even as I am on the path I am looking ahead for the next roadsign. :tongue:

Supnmjc 14-08-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild

Thank you, absolutely true.

ajake11231 18-08-2019 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supnmjc
Although I’ve not practiced for as long as some people in the art of divining, it comes very clearly to me. It has always been obvious what actions will lead to what, how events will go, and whatnot. I love reading my Tarot cards and I want to spend more time getting familiar with them and using them.
But I with what knowledge I have of time and the universe, I feel like divining what’s to come or how one should handle what’s coming feels kind of...fruitless? I hope that doesn’t offend any diviner’s because what you all do is amazing and there are people who have so much more knowledge than me. But my view is that time is ‘set’. Not that I don’t believe in free will, but I believe in the pre-existence of said choices and an already existent time line that is unchanging even as we change our lives. Like, I could make a choice and then at the last minute change my mind and ‘alter fate’ but I believe it would always have gone that way.

Anyways!

I’m just asking if there’s any way I can use my divining to help people or guide them in a way that isn’t just telling them what they want to hear or spoiling the future for them. I’m not really good at finding things or getting precise words, but I am empathic and can read people and often animals very well, although I’m still dealing with getting them out of my head when I dont want them there.

I feel like I need a teacher or a spirit guide, but I don’t know where to look, how to start, or what to listen for.

Yes this is obvious
"It has always been obvious what actions will lead to what, how events will go, and whatnot. I love reading my Tarot cards and I want to spend more time getting familiar with them and using them."