Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Health (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Pain in my leg & behind knee. PLEASE HELP :( (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=34265)

Songbirds 19-04-2012 02:03 AM

Pain in my leg & behind knee. PLEASE HELP :(

About three days ago after standing up from laying down in bed in a perfectly comfortable position (I wasn't sleeping, just was on the laptop) I began to adapt a pain behind my knee, like a slight ache. The next day, I found it increasingly harder to walk. I could fully balance on my leg, with no sign of leg weakness or anything, but the place behind my knee would really hurt and ache when trying to walk so I had a ridiculous limp all day. Now, the pain has subdued while walking slightly, but there is now slight pain on the back of my thigh and calf with some type of twitches on all three of these areas, kinda like something is "bubbling" under my skin. I've been doing thigh and calf stretches to see if it's to do with my muscle, but they don't seem to be helping and I get a weird sensation while doing the stretches, a slight ache, especially behind my knee area. There is currently no type of swelling or redness, no pins and needles or numbness down my leg or foot, and I feel completely fine everywhere else.

I have extremely bad anxiety problems, so I'm panicking so much thinking that I have deep vein thrombosis, a blood clot or some other serious illness. Already had one bad panic attack tonight over it. Nothing seems to help the symptoms and I just want to go to sleep :(

I rung up NHS direct but they said they are extremely busy and will have to ring me back in about 6-8 hours time. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, as if it was an emergency I'm sure they would have told me to go to A&E or ring an ambulance. So I'm just going to sit up and wait for their call back :\

If anyone has any advice, or has had similar problems in the past etc. then please comment on this thread.

Thank you in advance :)

knightofalbion 19-04-2012 09:01 AM

A thrombosis wouldn't be behind the knee. It is more likely that you've picked up a strain or suchlike.
Maybe a course of glucosamine HCI (derived from corn, so suitable for vegetarians and vegans) would be of benefit?

Songbirds 19-04-2012 03:53 PM

Oh would it not? I suppose that's kinda good. Although it's my calf and thigh which is twitching and feels weird when I stretch it aswell as behind my knee.

And I've never heard of glucosamine HCI, will have a research :) thank you.

iolite 19-04-2012 04:50 PM

Is the area hot? Is the area discolored? That would be a warning sign to see a doctor. Otherwise, it could be just a pulled muscle. I believe the recommendation for a pulled muscle is alternating heat and ice.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dee...CTION=symptoms
When deep vein thrombosis symptoms occur, they can include:

Swelling in the affected leg, including swelling in your ankle and foot.
Pain in your leg; this can include pain in your ankle and foot. The pain often starts in your calf and can feel like cramping or a charley horse.
Warmth over the affected area.
Changes in your skin color, such as turning pale, red or blue.

Songbirds 19-04-2012 05:47 PM

The area is the same heat as the other leg really. Sometimes I random heat-ish feeling in the leg, but I cant actually feel heat coming off of it. And my leg seems the same colour as the other leg. There isn't swelling or pain in my foot either. But for some reason I'm still convinced there's something seriously wrong :( There's just such a weird sensation in my thigh and calf, and it keeps twitching deep within the leg.

I just got off the phone to a Nurse from NHS direct. They basically said that just book an appointment with your doctor, but if my leg starts swelling, goes hot/cold, start coughing up blood and have chest pains etc then I need to ring them back. I get chest pains through anxiety but I don't have any other symptoms of that.

I have a doctors appointment for Tuesday, but I might ring them tomorrow to see if they could move it closer.

Xan 19-04-2012 07:30 PM

Songbirds... I prefer energy medicine methods over most physical solutions because the methods are simple and healing effects usually come pretty quickly.

There's a simple method I'd like to suggest for you, that could heal your leg and knee and take care of your anxiety issue as well.

This is The Healing Code - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31115

I hope you'll look into it and give it a try.

blessings
Xan

Songbirds 22-04-2012 06:09 PM

Thank you Xan, I will give it a go :)

sensitivesoul 23-04-2012 12:39 AM

tendon

It sounds like a tight tendon to me. Mine have been extremely tight (been stretching them lately but before this it's been years).

Find when I stretch them now i get a bad pain behind the knee and down the calf. If it is a tight tendon then there's nothing to worry about, just do stretches for them every day (they will hurt at first but that will go away over time).

Though the tendon might be torn because it did come on suddenly so i would recommend not to stretch them to much and just take it gentle.

It doesn't sound like to bad of a pull/tear so cold behind the knee should help along with slight stretching till it does fully heal.

After it does heal I'de recommend doing tendon stretches so you can loosen them up and the likelihood of this happening again is slim.

This link also suggests other ways that might help a torn muscle. It doesn't sound like a severe tear though so it should be fine.
http://orthopedics.about.com/od/spra.../ht/muscle.htm

Silver 23-04-2012 01:51 AM

It might be a torn meniscus - the cartilege ring between your knee and thigh bone - If you've been doing anything repetitive - or not - a lateral movement (side to side), it could cause it - you definitely should get to the doctor as soon as possible to rule out anything - if it can be diagnosed and handled asap, you'll be better off. Does it feel like you have trouble straightening your leg completely? My injury causes that and so sometimes I have to slowly straighten out my leg and it will 'pop' back into place and can walk. Some people don't know what the heck's going on so they don't know they can do that to 'fix' it.

Songbirds 23-04-2012 07:17 AM

I thought it could be something to do with a torn meniscus or tendon, but just wasn't sure how I'd even get such an injury as I haven't really done any strenuous exercise using either of my legs.

I have a new problem now. I'm not sure if it's linked to my knee, but my hip joint, where my thigh meets my hip is in pain. There's a constant ache with random shooting pains and muscle twitches up and down my thigh and sometimes my calf. God knows what it is! That hip always used to pop out of place when walking though, and while doing stretches lately it always makes a poping sound, so I'm sure something isn't right there. Maybe it's slightly out of place or something and is catching a nerve?