Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Is anyone else scared of the afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14320)

lillyj 14-04-2011 10:13 PM

Is anyone else scared of the afterlife

i have studied near death experiences and they are fasinating but still they are all so different it still the unknown that your entering when you die and i would love to believe you are held and guided and that everything that happens to you in this life and beyond is for your highest good but i dont trust that i have a hard time trusting anything!
i think there are dark forces as well as good how can you be sure nothing bad will happen does anyone else worry like i do? after all no one really knows anything do we ?
Its the not knowing that gets me the most i've felt unprotected all my life and bad things have happened to me i am really like a disturbed child living in an adults body with no mother to comfort me and make it ok since this is my life state it will probally carry over and maybe be amplified in my afterlife state

angelleem 14-04-2011 10:19 PM

When I was a child I had many sleepless nights worrying about death, about my family dying and would we ever see each other again, now I just know it is the natural order and without seeming to morbid I'm excited when the time is right of course, its the next adventure, I think it something you may come to be at peace with over time :)

JM80 15-04-2011 12:05 AM

I think most people are scared of the afterlife as most peoples fears are based on the unknown. I am not scared of the afterlife, I am anxious. Either way there is not much we can do about it. Just keep trying to learn and understand as much as you can :)

earthprowler 15-04-2011 12:19 AM

i can't wait to blow this Popsicle stand and go home. :angel8:

Felynx 15-04-2011 12:57 AM

Im completely unafraid to the point of looking forward to the end of my life as much as I do the rest of my life. I know exactly whats going to happen when I die. Ive died so many times already, haha, its nothing new to me.

psychoslice 15-04-2011 01:00 AM

No I'm not scared, there's no after life, there's just life ever flowing.

Felynx 15-04-2011 01:16 AM

Well.... you have a body and then you dont, sure existence doesnt stop, but it sounds like afterlife to me.

nightowl 15-04-2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lillyj
i have studied near death experiences and they are fasinating but still they are all so different it still the unknown that your entering when you die and i would love to believe you are held and guided and that everything that happens to you in this life and beyond is for your highest good but i dont trust that i have a hard time trusting anything!
i think there are dark forces as well as good how can you be sure nothing bad will happen does anyone else worry like i do? after all no one really knows anything do we ?
Its the not knowing that gets me the most i've felt unprotected all my life and bad things have happened to me i am really like a disturbed child living in an adults body with no mother to comfort me and make it ok since this is my life state it will probally carry over and maybe be amplified in my afterlife state

I don't believe the physical fear you have in this life will carry over. I think it is what you do in spirit that goes with you. For me it is a spiritual realm and therefore does not deal with the same things we deal with in the physical. Maybe think more on nourishing your spirit and it in turn will nourish you here and there. :hug2: Try turning your fear of being unprotected and lack of comforting into giving that to others here the best way to help transform it is to maybe try and give what you lack. I am just babbling now so I will stop...:hug3:

psychoslice 15-04-2011 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felynx
Well.... you have a body and then you dont, sure existence doesnt stop, but it sounds like afterlife to me.

That's the illusion, that's what it wants you to believe, how else would you keep living as a mind body organism.

surrendertotheflow 15-04-2011 02:12 AM

The only thing to fear is fear itself. It is something we learn, not something we are born with. We were born with everlasting eternal love that flows on forever. You are under the assumption that the body you are temporarily residing in will cease to be and so you will cease to be. This is not so. The body will become part of the Earth again, or the winds, depending on your spiritual ceremony for it. But you will finally remember your true form, light, love, consciousness energy, an everlasting piece of the One.

Embrace your fears and transmute them into faith and love and open up your arms to what awaits you!! :)

-Peace, Love, and Light :)