Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   snow and ice and the poor vs the rich (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119034)

FallingLeaves 09-12-2017 06:19 PM

snow and ice and the poor vs the rich

one of the stories about our origins is that we are 'snow people' - we would rather live in the snow/ice and cold and emanate warmth instead of being surrounded by warmth all the time. My guides at one point were very adamant that I wasn't going to get anywhere if I didn't go out and about in the cold so I guess it has merit in some ways... I've done it enough now to see some things and say ok, well maybe you have a point.

anyway the thing about poor people is they don't have the means to buy themselves 'insulation' from life the way rich people do. Rich people buy insulation from the elements, from the vagaries of having to deal with the 'boring' details of life, from 'unclean' things, from broken things, and from other people/attitudes who don't agree to their sensibilities. Poor people have to deal with all of that on a regular basis.

While in society, we generally take this as good for the rich and bad for the poor... there are other stories indicating that in the long term, this isn't a viable way to live and eventually the rich are going to fall flat on their faces... if this is true then people who've habitually lived the poor and downtrodden lives are being 'prepared' for a more fulfilling life whereas those who are rich are just enticed to throw life away. Speaking over a longer term than people are willing to acknowledge, of course. But this is contrary to the popular wisdom that the rich have it all and the poor have nothing.

This idea is no surprise to me knowing as I do that the vast majority of things people tell themselves are vain lies anyway. But anyway in my estimation stories like the one that says 'the last shall be first and the many of the first shall be last' may have a very real basis in the way people are deciding to face life. Or not face it, depending on how you look at things.

iamthat 09-12-2017 09:30 PM

Assuming that reincarnation is a fact then we have all experienced lives of poverty and lives of wealth, with most lives being somewhere between.

There are lessons to be learned from wealth, just as there are lessons to be learned from poverty. Some of the lessons to be learned from wealth include detachment, gratitude and charity.

It is possible to have material wealth while still pursuing a life of spiritual purpose. In the modern world it is actually easier to pursue a spiritual life when we have money in the bank, because we do not spend all our time and energy trying to get the resources to survive. We can focus on more important things.

It seems to be more about our own state of development, and how we choose to use the resources available to us.

Peace.

dream jo 10-12-2017 04:07 PM

i nowev snpw on way soon we do

FallingLeaves 10-12-2017 11:45 PM

FWIW we're not all the same. Some people have figured out the magic to getting what they 'want' and live mostly abundant lives because of it. Such people are usually quite mean to others. Some things are said about their place and their end.

Some of the rest of us do travel around a bit though. That is why the saying I quoted has the 'many of the first' phrase in it instead of just throwing in the plain opposite, imo. Some of the nuances in ancient texts speak volumes.

But anyway in my experience if you have money it clutters up your 'thoughts' in a way that doesn't happen if you don't have it. But I guess you either see that or you don't. As a people we are pretty adamant that money is good even though those who are better than us have basically said it is a lie that you can get anywhere spiritually while having it.

dream jo 10-12-2017 11:47 PM

i wz tld wen i wz a kid i wont nevr gets u hav 2 wate get wot u wont u dint
maybe im pld fashnd i am bt way iw brot up 2 resptct pepel respct y eldrs coz 1 day i ill b e a eldr i will

FallingLeaves 10-12-2017 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream jo
i nowev snpw on way soon we do

we have maybe another month before we get snow that sticks. But it is already very cold :smile:

Tobi 11-12-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
one of the stories about our origins is that we are 'snow people' - we would rather live in the snow/ice and cold and emanate warmth instead of being surrounded by warmth all the time. My guides at one point were very adamant that I wasn't going to get anywhere if I didn't go out and about in the cold so I guess it has merit in some ways... I've done it enough now to see some things and say ok, well maybe you have a point.

anyway the thing about poor people is they don't have the means to buy themselves 'insulation' from life the way rich people do. Rich people buy insulation from the elements, from the vagaries of having to deal with the 'boring' details of life, from 'unclean' things, from broken things, and from other people/attitudes who don't agree to their sensibilities. Poor people have to deal with all of that on a regular basis.

While in society, we generally take this as good for the rich and bad for the poor... there are other stories indicating that in the long term, this isn't a viable way to live and eventually the rich are going to fall flat on their faces... if this is true then people who've habitually lived the poor and downtrodden lives are being 'prepared' for a more fulfilling life whereas those who are rich are just enticed to throw life away. Speaking over a longer term than people are willing to acknowledge, of course. But this is contrary to the popular wisdom that the rich have it all and the poor have nothing.

This idea is no surprise to me knowing as I do that the vast majority of things people tell themselves are vain lies anyway. But anyway in my estimation stories like the one that says 'the last shall be first and the many of the first shall be last' may have a very real basis in the way people are deciding to face life. Or not face it, depending on how you look at things.

Having money, and not having money, are both valuable experiences in life. Those who were born "rich" still have challenges and lessons to be learned.
As for the snow and ice and cold....then yes it is much tougher to cope with that kind of weather when you don't have much money. The easiest way I have found, is to make sure you live in a situation where there is a fireplace or stove, and the freedom and landscape and tools to be able to collect and process firewood. Then it just becomes a regular way of life. But never for one minute even in the summer, is any laziness going to work in that lifestyle! In a heatwave in June it is going to be more important to gather firewood for the coming Autumn, than it is to be lying in the sun in a bikini!

But those who are rich and don't need to ever think about such things, often have even more tricky concerns to deal with. Personally I would rather collect firewood.

dream jo 11-12-2017 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
we have maybe another month before we get snow that sticks. But it is already very cold :smile:

yep we hav snow now wev mor 2 cum

FallingLeaves 13-12-2017 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat
Some of the lessons to be learned from wealth include detachment, gratitude and charity.

I guess there are exceptions to everything. But where I'm stuck is that MOST rich people will do no such thing, and MOST rich people will be very mean to people they think are less than them.

Furthermore you didn't address my issues with the rich essentially buying insulation from life. How can you learn about something if you deliberately insulate yourself from it?

Meanwhile there are many people who will never have the luxury of being rich. They have needs, but basicaly noone cares.

FallingLeaves 13-12-2017 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream jo
i wz tld wen i wz a kid i wont nevr gets u hav 2 wate get wot u wont u dint
maybe im pld fashnd i am bt way iw brot up 2 resptct pepel respct y eldrs coz 1 day i ill b e a eldr i will

Sometimes waiting a while, or sometimes accepting things other than exactly what you want, is in order because in addition to the things people like to accumulate, people also have their own needs as to what to give (and maybe nothing at all) and how and when to give it. Getting too dictatorial with every detail isn't good for anyone's heart... so not expecting everything, now, can itself be a sign of respect.

Well that is one of the things I've learned from being a bit too haughty...