Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Manifesting Peace with Neighbor :C (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=32308)

Kaceykat 17-03-2012 07:51 PM

Manifesting Peace with Neighbor :C

Forgive me if this is long and disjointed. I've been sobbing off and on all day.

For 6 years, I've been listening to the guy across the street, who has 13 motorcycles, rev them and tune them and ride them and burn carbon so loudly that sometimes we can't hear the tv :icon_eek:

4 weeks ago though, I started doing Japa meditation, on the sound of the name of God, as Wayne Dyer instructs, and presto! all sort of changes just sort of started happening. I dropped a friend who was a bad influence, I spontaneously stopped drinking (when you drink every night for a month, yeah, maybe it's a problem?) and several other things just sort of miraculously manifested too (the very exact 18th Century prints I was looking for, two of them, for free, waiting for me at the town dump!) etc

So when I started meditation on the affirmation "I create a home of harmony and beauty." it occurred to me I could just put a nice note in the Motorcycle Man's box, along with a copy of our town's noise regulations, which he totally breaks like every single day. I did.

Well, I got back a pair of earplugs in my mailbox. For some reason, I just fell apart sobbing. This has been since last night into this morning. I just feel so powerless, like such a victim ... :C Maybe I can create an affirmation of his getting a nice new promotion and just moving someplace far far away?

But I think Wayne Dyer would say Motorcycle man is a Divine Teacher, allowing me to practice maintaining inner peace in the face of outer distractions. In which case, the bigger problem isn't noise, but my interpretation and reaction to the loud sound and what I perceive to be his boorish selfishness. It's ME that's the problem. :C I'm allowing externals to steal my inner peace.

Or maybe the ROOT problem is I felt victimized for so long (childhood trauma, bad marriage, difficult post divorce: my first and second chakras are very weak, according to my Reiki provider ) that I just keep attracting bullies into my field of experience. Maybe a better affirmation for me would be something along the lines about being a victor, not a victim any longer?

Waaah. I've been going round in mental circles all day!!! I apologize to anyone who is still reading that this is so long and whiney, but venting & crying is better than me drinking. I really want to stay away from that :C

His name is Brian if anyone wants to send any energy, angels, prayers our way. I sure could use them right now :C

iolite 17-03-2012 11:18 PM

Ok, so a couple of things that have come to me. You have a right to peace and quite and he has a right to work on and ride his bikes. Perhaps you could bake him up a nice treat (cookies, cake, brownies, pie, etc.) and visit with him to discuss a happy medium that you both can live with, like a time frame where you can expect peace and quite and a time frame where he can make noise. If you have a favorite tv program, etc.

Most people are not complete jerks and are willing to be reasonable.

Uma 17-03-2012 11:55 PM

If he's breaking town noise regulations, why don't you go after him legally? You've already tried being nice but actually you are allowing this guy to abuse you. Maybe the Universe is saying, time to get assertive and proactive. Think through the consequences and what you think you need to learn most from this? What does your gut instinct tell you is your best move? You've already given us a clue "I just keep attracting bullies into my field of experience. Maybe a better affirmation for me would be something along the lines about being a victor, not a victim any longer?" Maybe it's time to put affirmation into practice? What do you think?

I had a bad experience with a neighbour who went ballistic about something that was not our fault and not our responsibility either. I know how it feels when something like this happens - it's almost like a rape of energy! I pray for my guides to protect me and send negative people away. It does work - in another case the person moved away.

So whether you act outwardly with the law or inwardly with prayer/meditation, both can have effects. And you can do both at the same time too, if you want.

Here is a teaching that might help: http://tarotoflife.blogspot.ca/2010/...ntentions.html

psychoslice 18-03-2012 01:22 AM

He may be as a divine teacher as Wayne Dyer suggested, but you must sooner or later teach him that he cannot carry on like this in a residential area, maybe get a petition signed by neighbors, and see what happens.

Xan 18-03-2012 01:40 AM

Well, I got back a pair of earplugs in my mailbox. For some reason, I just fell apart sobbing. This has been since last night into this morning. I just feel so powerless, like such a victim ... :C

Maybe I can create an affirmation of his getting a nice new promotion and just moving someplace far far away?

Kacey... We don't try to manipulate other people with affirmations. In the first place it's bad business,
and in the second it rarely works because it's not from genuine caring.

Affirmations are for each of us, for our own and loved ones healing and improved well being.

maybe the ROOT problem is I felt victimized for so long (childhood trauma, bad marriage, difficult post divorce: my first and second chakras are very weak, according to my Reiki provider ) that I just keep attracting bullies into my field of experience. Maybe a better affirmation for me would be something along the lines about being a victor, not a victim any longer?

Now you know what to affirm... and even more, find ways to heal this emotional issue. Your difficult past can be released so you may be free of it.

Here are three simple methods I know are effective for this:

The Healing Code - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=31115

EFT - Emotional Freedom Techniques - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4478

MIR-Method - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29467

See, it's working already. Now you're hearing of good ways to get free of feeling like a victim.
:smile:

Xan

Kaceykat 18-03-2012 11:57 AM

thank you all for the quality input. I really appreciate it and look forward to exploring it further. I want to buy that Callahan book...

Things are a bit calmer today. Interesting how an old wound has seemingly been so intensely triggered: I guess I have a lot of work ahead of me, both inner and external? :/

CelestialRain 20-03-2012 05:43 AM

In my opinion; what if this man is NOT a divine teacher? What if it's a divine or karmic situation in your life where you must be assertive, talk to him, and EARN your piece instead of being the victim if that's what usually happened in your life.

Listen to you inner self and your guides. You do meditation, so I'd suggest to seek answers in the form of that.

Good luck :)

Seawolf 20-03-2012 06:17 AM

I agree that an annoying disturbance can be a Divine teacher, but also the lesson may be to do something about it. If you're not the only one that can't stand it, then your neighbors may feel the same way. I'm sure the law exists for a good reason. :smile:

Kaceykat 22-03-2012 12:01 PM

Thanks for the additional insights.

It occurs to me I may have some confusion about the concept of "walking without footsteps" or not creating karma/trouble via push back. Who knows, perhaps I have taken a natural passivity and tried to cloak it/mask it in spiritual trappings as an easier way out?? If anyone can provide links to discussions on the web on discernment, re: appropriate assertion vs. aggression I guess, I'd appreciate it.

Gosh, who knew that a simple meditation/affirming peace could stir up such inner turmoil :)

Henri77 24-04-2012 08:26 PM

IF there is an ordinance, talk to neighbors and DO something about it.
This is simply another form of communication open to you, if a neighbor cannot comprehend the needs of others.

I've used earplugs for years, to sleep more easily, and understand.

Yet spirit has subtly pushed me to express my feelings when necessary, in similar situations ... or change my location.