Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   I think I'm being hugged in my sleep (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=52567)

faith83 09-06-2013 06:05 PM

I think I'm being hugged in my sleep

I've experienced sleep paralysis before and its very scary. It tends to happen when I'm really depressed and/or stressed out

Yesterday and today during a nap I had what felt.like sleep paralysis but I didn't really feel threatened. The scary experience was like I was being pushed, pulled and taunted.
This time it felt like someone wrapped their arms around my waist and helded me tight. I'm not going to lie...it was still a bit creepy...but I didn't feel fear like all the other times

Would a spirit.guide or angel.do.something like that?

running 09-06-2013 06:27 PM

I have felt hugged by spirit. Sometimes it could also feel so just from it being with you.

Ivy 09-06-2013 06:46 PM

I've experience spirit hugs a fair few time...it doesn't matter what it is, it is simply a beautiful experience that comes when needed most xxx

Thanks for sharing :-)

faith83 09-06-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by running
I have felt hugged by spirit. Sometimes it could also feel so just from it being with you.

I truly hope so. I've been asking for guidance a lot lately but not getting much response. If it is spirit just checking in that would offer me comfort

faith83 09-06-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meadows
I've experience spirit hugs a fair few time...it doesn't matter what it is, it is simply a beautiful experience that comes when needed most xxx

Thanks for sharing :-)

I hope.that what it is. Haven't heard from them for months. For weeks I've been asking where did you go? Lol...hopefully its a.positive.thing

IsleWalker 09-06-2013 07:22 PM

faith--

The fact that you said the hug was at your waist--seems like a child almost. Any feeling of that? Otherwise, a full-sized (?) spirit would have to get in a weird (creepy) position to do that!

Lora

fire 09-06-2013 08:40 PM

To be honest, it sounds like some entity harassment to me; at least if it involved a sleep paralysis. But as you already know, it isn't really anything to be concerned about.

If you experience these things frequently and would like to remove it, you may want to try to place a small container of salt underneath your bed and wherever you nap. The vibration of the salt will repell external negative energies and act like a protective shield.

Also, come to think of it, I was able to stop a series of sleep harassments earlier this year, involving nightmares and sleep paralysis, by introducing a dimmed light to my bedroom. It seems the (blue) light somehow affects my mind during sleep.

faith83 09-06-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IsleWalker
faith--

The fact that you said the hug was at your waist--seems like a child almost. Any feeling of that? Otherwise, a full-sized (?) spirit would have to get in a weird (creepy) position to do that!

Lora

No that never occurred to me. It felt pretty strong. Like it would start at my waist lightly then it would get tighter.

Interesting tho. I've been dealing with a lot of childhood issues lately. Trying to heal really old demons and get mentally well. Could there be a correlation?
I've been doing the healing on and off for a few years. Every time I start the process is when the paralysis starts. Then I get drained and stop. I'm finally committing to my healing.

faith83 09-06-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fire
To be honest, it sounds like some entity harassment to me; at least if it involved a sleep paralysis. But as you already know, it isn't really anything to be concerned about.

If you experience these things frequently and would like to remove it, you may want to try to place a small container of salt underneath your bed and wherever you nap. The vibration of the salt will repell external negative energies and act like a protective shield.

Also, come to think of it, I was able to stop a series of sleep harassments earlier this year, involving nightmares and sleep paralysis, by introducing a dimmed light to my bedroom. It seems the (blue) light somehow affects my mind during sleep.

Thank you fire. In the past I've used in scents and slept with a bible (that I recently lost somewhere in my tiny apartment). I will absolutely put the salt next to my bed. For some reason these things don't like when I try to.do internal healing

niick 09-06-2013 09:17 PM

I had something similar happen to me once. I was trying to use the law of attraction to attract a girlfriend. And as part of my process I would fall asleep with my arm around a pillow imagining that it was my new girlfriend. Like they say, you have to imagine what you want as if you already have it. So that's what I was doing. Anyway, I feel asleep like that and experienced sleep paralysis and it felt like someone was behind me and put their arm around me. Scared the **** out of me because I was sleeping alone and since I was in sleep paralysis I couldn't move.

I believe we leave our bodies a little while we are sleeping. And once you're in sleep paralysis it's very easy to leave your body. So what I think happened is that my astral body floated over to where the pillow was at that I had my arm around. So my physical arm which was around the pillow was also now around my astral body. And experiencing myself from the astral body It felt like someone had their arm around me. Just didn't realize at the time that it might have been me.

Could have also been a spirit I guess, but I doubt it. The only time it has ever happened was the one time I sleep with my arm around the pillow. Won't do that again.