Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   "Don't go into the Light" and Scared of Death.. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119536)

AngelBirds74 29-12-2017 05:55 PM

"Don't go into the Light" and Scared of Death..

Hi, :smile:

I haven't posted before, despite joining a while ago.

My mum died at the end of November and like all my other family members who have died over the years (Some very close ones too), I have never had any signs from them that they are still around.

I am very scared about death and what comes after and this has been playing on my mind, especially because I have had no signs of an afterlife from my passed over family members and I really worry that either something bad happens or we get recycled and our souls get trapped or something. I also read this article today called 'Death and the Tunnel of Light: The Final Grand Trick', which says that you should never go into the light because it is a trap (I can't post a link to the article because I haven't made enough posts yet, but it is a 'Wake up World' article) and this didn't help allay my fears in the slightest, as we are always told to go into the light when we die. :confused:

So, I am very scared of death, but mainly what comes after, not quite so much the death itself, unless it's particularly horrible of course! :icon_frown:

Burntfruit 29-12-2017 06:18 PM

Sorry to hear about your mum. I lost my mum 10 years ago, and since then I have seen in her in my dreams. Dreams are excursions into the astral, so take note of your dreams, and be patient.

Yes, do go into in the light. for a lot of people, it is just natural, you enter a tunnel and at a great speed, you go to the light.

There is no death - it is just a transition, and things are remarkably similar to here on Earth.

Native spirit 29-12-2017 07:31 PM

Sorry to read of your mothers passing.please believe me when i say your loved ones would have crossed over,but time is an earthly thing it means nothing in spirit,what could be weeks months etc to us,is only seconds to them so you may have to wait a while to have signs from them that they are ok.
some are quicker than others,death is nothing to fear as their is no death it is only a continuation of life.your soul carries on.

Namaste

inavalan 29-12-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelBirds74
Hi, :smile:

I haven't posted before, despite joining a while ago.

My mum died at the end of November and like all my other family members who have died over the years (Some very close ones too), I have never had any signs from them that they are still around.

I am very scared about death and what comes after and this has been playing on my mind, especially because I have had no signs of an afterlife from my passed over family members and I really worry that either something bad happens or we get recycled and our souls get trapped or something. I also read this article today called 'Death and the Tunnel of Light: The Final Grand Trick', which says that you should never go into the light because it is a trap (I can't post a link to the article because I haven't made enough posts yet, but it is a 'Wake up World' article) and this didn't help allay my fears in the slightest, as we are always told to go into the light when we die. :confused:

So, I am very scared of death, but mainly what comes after, not quite so much the death itself, unless it's particularly horrible of course! :icon_frown:

It seems that you fell for scare mongering. After death you'll experience what you expect, be it bliss, be it dread. It's your choice.

Don't read / listen to those who scare you!

Claire.1972 30-12-2017 08:04 AM

Hi AngelBirds74,
I am also new on here. My dad died also two weeks ago and I am a firm believer in the after life. I have been reading and learning as much as I possibly can but everything I have read suggests that following death we do naturally go to the bright light. I am worried because I would love to make contact with my dad but he didn't believe in the afterlife at all, I am so hoping he is not put off contacting me because of that. But even so I am prepared to read and learn all I can because it is so fascinating. Take care.
Claire

AngelBirds74 30-12-2017 04:23 PM

Thank you for all the replies, though I'm still not convinced about going into the light! :confused: :redface:

Claire.1972, I'm really sorry about your dad's recent passing and hope that in time, you get to make contact with him. :hug:

inavalan 30-12-2017 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claire.1972
Hi AngelBirds74,
I am also new on here. My dad died also two weeks ago and I am a firm believer in the after life. I have been reading and learning as much as I possibly can but everything I have read suggests that following death we do naturally go to the bright light. I am worried because I would love to make contact with my dad but he didn't believe in the afterlife at all, I am so hoping he is not put off contacting me because of that. But even so I am prepared to read and learn all I can because it is so fascinating. Take care.
Claire

When we pass on, our beliefs manifest, creating illusory environments that conform to our expectations. To those who didn't believe in afterlife, it might take awhile to realize what happened to them, and they might still believe they're physically alive, keeping going like through an uneventful dream of their physical life.

After death, you are in a thought responsive environment.

If a religious person dies, they usually go through an illusory phase of haven / hell / ..., until they realize what happened.

There are people involved in such souls' retrieval, helping them to move on past the confusing phase.

Going toward the white light is best, because it means you're going toward joining your higher self, your immortal soul.

As on any subject there are opinions on all the possible spectrum. Don't let the fear mongers get the better of you!

Starman 30-12-2017 08:33 PM

You don't go into the light rather you are the light, it is a matter of embracing your self on a deeper level. The light is already inside of you and if you cling to your own inner light your transition, at the time which we call "death, will be smooth and without fear.

I used to help people die when I worked in a hospice and the one thing we would do is help that person live in, and embrace, the moment. At the time of death be with the transition and do not anticipate what is going to happen next; for fear comes from what may happen next.

A lot of the people that I saw die were in their latter years and many of them would say, days before they died, that their life went by so quickly. I came to understand that many of these people where not here when their life was happening. While they were alive they lived their lives in the memories of yesterday and dreams for tomorrow, and their life went by without them because they were not in the moment where their life was happening, and that is why it seemed their life went by so quickly.

Breath control can help us with mental and emotional control; fear is an emotion based on the anxiety of what may happen next. The cornerstone of my life is "Know Thyself," which includes getting to know your own inner light in the here and now at this very precious moment. Quiet your thoughts about death and live centered in the moment and you can have a smooth transition at the time of human death; don't anticipate; if you have ideas about what is going to happen, you will miss out on the awesomeness that is actually happening.

MARDAV70 31-12-2017 04:23 AM

Who or what could possibly be behind this "trap" you fear/read about? How could it possibly have more power/influence over the source of your being? Your consciousness will do the right thing when it leaves your body. When I had my NDE, I didn't see any light. I simply was in a place of pitch black, and suddenly blue sky and white clouds began to appear. It was a remarkably wonderful experience. Many have had much more remarkably wonderful experiences than I have, some less. Many see/go to the light, some don't. Again, your consciousness can't be deceived. Once free of the ego's grip, it knows (although IMO it's not completely free until the physical body can not be returned to, there is still influence from the ego but it's weak, and perhaps the ego influences what's been experienced when consciousness/spirit returns to the body...hence, what makes sense to me is one of these two scenarios is why what is experienced during a NDE differ...sometimes wildly so).

Claire.1972 31-12-2017 04:09 PM

Thank you for the insight inavalan.

Claire