Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Love & Relationships -Friends and Family (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   how do i let go of my past (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111362)

itsinmyhead 04-03-2017 01:03 AM

how do i let go of my past

How do I let go of my past experiences from relationships that were very :icon_frown: bad so that my current marriage will survive. My past left me so broken that I have a hard time trusting. I can't seem to let go. But at the same time, I have reason sometimes not to trust. I am so lost.

Brucely 12-03-2017 09:09 AM

Let me know when u find the answer. Nothing can be forgotten. Only a bunch of new positive experiences can eventually overshadow past negatives

Jasmeet Singh 18-03-2017 09:14 PM

Time heals everything...I have heard this saying....keep your thinking positive...what is bound to happen will.happen anyhow....all you got to do is keep believing that everything happens for a reason which may be beyond our understanding.

kreidebrei 26-03-2017 04:42 AM

I think it is a good idea getting an excersise book and write down about every realtionship you had. Why you got in love with that guy, if and how he loved you back. Why you did choose the wrong guy in the past (or the wrong reasons to connect with that person) What you did that the relationship broke up (you always contribute) what he did. This way you get clearer what drives you and what traps are there for you. Only if you learn from your past mistakes you can have a healthy relationship.

Faith33 26-03-2017 06:42 AM

shoni7510 26-03-2017 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kreidebrei
I think it is a good idea getting an excersise book and write down about every realtionship you had. Why you got in love with that guy, if and how he loved you back. Why you did choose the wrong guy in the past (or the wrong reasons to connect with that person) What you did that the relationship broke up (you always contribute) what he did. This way you get clearer what drives you and what traps are there for you. Only if you learn from your past mistakes you can have a healthy relationship.

This is good advice. Letting go of the past without understating what was wrong with it will not solve your problem. You need to understand your contribution to relationships that you want to let go of. Professional therapists are very helpful also.

august2803 26-03-2017 01:22 PM

the only thing you can do is to trust so you may be happy and he can be happy and trust you to! i really struggle with jelaousy but as far as rationalising ive come to see its the only answer!! good luck with our marriage:)

Dargor 26-03-2017 01:24 PM

It's very simple, by worrying about everything that can go wrong in the future.

kreidebrei 26-03-2017 11:35 PM

There are two kinds of jealousy in a partnership: one that has roots in something (partner is looking for others) and ungrounded ones. If it is the first one there is not a problem with jealousy there is a problem with getting rid of the partner!

lyzth 27-03-2017 03:36 AM

Do not look back. Just this.