Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tarot and Oracle Cards (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Negative Entities w/Cards (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15732)

blackraven 12-05-2011 12:55 AM

Negative Entities w/Cards

I was reading a book about your guides by Sonia Choquette. She endorses the use of Tarot and Oracle cards (even designed several decks herself). Though something struck me in her book and that is that she said if you don't take the cards seriously and laugh at them or make fun of their messages you can invite lower level negative entities into your presence. According to her, these lower level entitles will then give you bad advise and lead you in the wrong direction, etc. She also said you are likely to invite negative entities using a pendulum.

I use Tarot cards now and then. I never thought of them as inviting negative entities until I read her book. I know all about grounding and protection, but I'm still not liking the reality of me serving as a conduit to lower level entities via Tarot. What's your take on this?

Blackraven

nightowl 12-05-2011 01:21 AM

This is an interesting question blackraven...

I do not use tarot cards but I do use oracle cards. I see them as tools in that they possess no power on their own. Negative energy can be attracted to any situation. I would think that the only way you could have it attached to the cards is if you invite it to inhabit the cards. Clearing your cards and spirit before and after use, to me would seem to protect you and your cards or any spiritual tool from having any negative energy attach to it. Of course unless your intentions are to use the tools in a negative way, well then that is a different story. This is just my little ole' opinion :D

nightowl

CJ82Sky 12-05-2011 04:03 AM

i feel that if we open ourselves to negative, that is what we will get. some things like a ouija board for example are inherently negative and draw upon that energy. however things such as pendulums and tarot cards i feel are all a part of the energy we put into them. if you mock them you will not receive honest energy in return because you did not put honest energy into them. for me while i am not a follower of the Bible so to speak and disagree with many things in it i also do not mock it - i respect it and those who follow it. very much to each his own.

live is what you make of it. send out positive energy and you will get positive in return. send out negative and in turn that is what you will receive.

norseman 12-05-2011 07:57 AM

Cards and pendulums, etc are just tools which allow the reader to focus their own intuition in an organised manner. Intuition, by it's very nature, is "wild", disorganised. It's just a matter of presentation. Any negativity is in the reader, not the cards.

Enya 12-05-2011 08:03 AM

'Negative entities' is a fear-based perception. If you respect your tools and work with them with proper intent, then you have nothing to worry about. I've been working with different sets of cards for 15 years and never had problems with a 'negative entity' yet! :smile:

blackraven 12-05-2011 11:23 PM

Thank you nightowl, CJ82Sky, norseman and Enya for all your input! I appreciate what each one of your had to say. You each made good points. Here are some snip-its I liked...

nightowl - "I see them as tools in that they possess no power on their own."
CJ82Sky - "...tarot cards i feel are all a part of the energy we put into them."
norseman - "Any negativity is in the reader, not the cards."
Enya - 'Negative entities' is a fear-based perception.

Looks like everyone is on the same page. I concur.

Blackraven

belinda2 15-05-2011 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightowl
This is an interesting question blackraven...

I do not use tarot cards but I do use oracle cards. I see them as tools in that they possess no power on their own. Negative energy can be attracted to any situation. I would think that the only way you could have it attached to the cards is if you invite it to inhabit the cards. Clearing your cards and spirit before and after use, to me would seem to protect you and your cards or any spiritual tool from having any negative energy attach to it. Of course unless your intentions are to use the tools in a negative way, well then that is a different story. This is just my little ole' opinion :D

nightowl

I agree with you the cards are only a tool, any negative energy comes from the person using them, they have no "power" within themselves.

LadyVirgoxoxo 15-05-2011 07:53 PM

Do you have to take them that seriously? What I mean is I like to have fun with my cards. I try and take their advice but mostly it's just an interesting and fun experience for me. Is it okay to think of them like that?

nightowl 15-05-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyVirgoxoxo
Do you have to take them that seriously? What I mean is I like to have fun with my cards. I try and take their advice but mostly it's just an interesting and fun experience for me. Is it okay to think of them like that?

LadyVirgoxoxo,

I would think it up to the individual. You have been working with them for quite awhile with this same intent and attitude, right? Have you experienced anything negative? I'm guessing probably not. Everyone has their own views and ways about how to work with spiritual tools. I wouldn't give it a second thought, I'm sure it is working for you just fine the way you are doing it. Now with this said if you are disappointed with the way things are working for you concerning your cards then you may want to re-evaluate your intentions when using them. Just my 2 cents...:smile:

nightowl

LadyVirgoxoxo 15-05-2011 08:16 PM

Yeah I've been working with them for about two months now. ANd no I haven't experienced anything negative. The only problem I have with the cards is remembering what each card means.