Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   contacting the newly deceased? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=27780)

Tammy 22-12-2011 10:20 AM

contacting the newly deceased?

Is there a timeline for this sort of thing.

Do they have to be passed on for a certain amount of time roughly before contacting them? Or can one attempt to do even a couple of hours/days after on has passed?

MMM 22-12-2011 11:34 AM

no,
gordon higgginson's mother saw him in the morning and came to a medium for him the same day as gordon didn't even know she had passed
she was exceptionally close to gordon and a medium herself though

Tammy 22-12-2011 12:56 PM

Thanks MMM, it is interesting to know. My cousin committed sucide last Saturday :-( and nobody knows why.

Medium_Laura 22-12-2011 01:13 PM

It really depends. There is no set time. My father passed from cancer and took 1 year to come to me. We had made an agreement that as soon as he could, he'd let me know he had made it.

Most go through what is called a "healing center". That time there is dependent on how much healing from earth's trauma they need. It is not much different than a hospital but with guides, angels and family who attend them with healing energy and color therapy.

I'm sorry that you cousin decided to take their life. Suicides are tricky. Sometimes the remain in limbo, sometimes they go right to healing in the light. All deaths are individual and personal. I hope you get the answers you seek.

Try reading "survival of the soul" Lisa Williams, She talks in depth about suicides and the other side.

Adrienne 22-12-2011 02:26 PM

Tammy, I am sorry for your loss, especially at this holiday time. :hug:

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Tammy 22-12-2011 02:27 PM

Thanks Laura.
Nobody knows what prompted him to do it, he was such a fantastic guy, and young aswell (23), with everything to live for, the only thing that i can think of is that he did alot of charity work all over africa, and i think seeing all the things he has seen, maybe it put him into a depression of sorts. i suppose time will tell.

Tammy 22-12-2011 02:28 PM

Thanks Dream Angel.

Mayflow 22-12-2011 02:37 PM

I don't think there is a time limit. I was a child when my mom died and that night she came to me in a dream. She sat up in her casket and asked me to be strong for myself, for her. She has come to visit me in dreams up to 10 years later. You can never go wrong sending loving wishes to the departed.

Neville 22-12-2011 02:50 PM

I don't think there is time in Spirit at all. None what so ever, I believe time is a measurement constructed and a concept developed by humans alone.

This is why some get a visit immediately and others have to wait years .

There is for me no evidence to suggest the existence of time in Spirit. at the very least No time in anything like we understand time. :smile:

Some mediums have suggested to me that miscarried babies and those who die very early in life continue to grow to adult hood in Spirit, yet conversely , mature individuals don't seem to continue to age in spirit, so that might be a bit of perception going on.

Anyway, It was a really good question, thank you for asking it. :hug:

Medium_Laura 22-12-2011 11:11 PM

Neville you are right. There is no concept of time there.