Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Jesus, the Only True God or Son of God (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=131968)

jojo50 21-10-2019 01:26 PM

Jesus, the Only True God or Son of God

many say Jesus is the True God and Father. yet some say he's the Son of the True God and has a Father. what did Jesus say concerning this subject that has even Christians disagreeing? is Jesus the God of Israel?

sky 21-10-2019 01:53 PM

" I am in the Father, and the Father is in me”. ..... “ I and my Father are one ”.

As we all are :smile:

Still_Waters 21-10-2019 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
" I am in the Father, and the Father is in me”. ..... β€œ I and my Father are one ”.

As we all are :smile:

Excellent response to the OP !

Dargor 21-10-2019 04:29 PM

He was probably just an ordinary man with a nice personality at most, and several centuries later a bunch of drunk guys decided to exaggerate the tales by turning him into a superhero. Better take the bible with a grain of sand, because there's a lot of nonsense (including known scientific errors) in it.

sky 21-10-2019 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Excellent response to the OP !

Thank you :biggrin:

BigJohn 22-10-2019 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
" I am in the Father, and the Father is in me”. ..... “ I and my Father are one ”.

As we all are[

Almost....... but no cigar.

If you read the full context of the surrounding scriptures, it does not say what you want it to say.

John 14:9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

BigJohn 22-10-2019 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
He was probably just an ordinary man with a nice personality at most, and several centuries later a bunch of drunk guys decided to exaggerate the tales by turning him into a superhero. Better take the bible with a grain of sand, because there's a lot of nonsense (including known scientific errors) in it.

You sound like an expert. How much of the Old Testament and New Testament have you read?

BigJohn 22-10-2019 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo50
many say Jesus is the True God and Father. yet some say he's the Son of the True God and has a Father. what did Jesus say concerning this subject that has even Christians disagreeing? is Jesus the God of Israel?

It is odd that many Christians do not like God but like Jesus.

But then.........

Who was the first born of creation? Jesus.

Who created everything but Jesus? Jesus.

Who probably was the Angel of God who appeared in the burning bush? Jesus.

and on and on......

As for the initial question.
Jesus was the first born of creation.
Jesus was the son of God.
Jesus claimed only the Father knew the 'time and day'.

and the list goes on and on.

But then what I initially said, Christians have issues with God but not Jesus. Is that an oxymoron if Jesus is God?

Dargor 22-10-2019 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
You sound like an expert. How much of the Old Testament and New Testament have you read?

As a former Christian, it's safe to assume that I've done my homework.

BigJohn 22-10-2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
As a former Christian, it's safe to assume that I've done my homework.

One Sunday I when to a restaurant and sat at the counter. Beside me were a few chaps with black shoes, black pants, white shirt, tie and black covered Bible. We engaged in a conversation in which at the end, they seemed to all be in agreement that I should attend their Church and that I could probably give their sermon for the day.

There church seemed to needed of new blood. They knew about healings, but did it sporadically.
People did not want to come forth to do healings. I assume that was true with Bible teachings