Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Past Lives & Reincarnation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   where did the original concept of reincarnation come from? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=87291)

loopylucid 18-06-2015 11:26 AM

where did the original concept of reincarnation come from?

Ok, so every now and again I like to delve into areas of which I have no belief in, just to check myself mostly, see if anything changes etc etc.
I do not believe in the stereotypical explanations for a few things, reincarnation and past lives are among them.

So I was pondering things and drifted into a state of non planned obe, where I began to express my pre ponderings, when suddenly I stopped relaying because I was asked a question, which consequently bought me bk, so im wondering if its going to lead somewhere and I always like a bit of research to get my teeth into!

I was simply asked, Where are the origins of reincarnation then?

And I thought for all I have read up on and the amount of people who have tried to persuade me otherwise with ideas! ive never bothered to find that out.

So I did a small amount of looking already and it appears, no-one is really sure? Or maybe I need pointing in the direction of information, I haven't come across yet.

So yeh just interested if anyone has any knowledge of the origins of this concept, where did this originate from? or by whom? Or is it infact the case no-one is really sure.

I get its history through the years in different belief communitys, but where did its energy expand from? If that fact is even out there lol

Loopy

Howla Dark 18-06-2015 11:40 AM

There's more to reincarnation than some think. I don't accept the way modern people view it as there are souls who continue as individuals after death and don't want to come back as they'll lose their identity. It implies no one has a soul of their own. The modern idea is New Age and distorted. I know a lot of people here believe in it. I'm not trying to be offensive but I think much of these past life memories are hereditary memories and being given memories from spirits as spiritual possession. Not all types of possession are evil and negative. Some spirits want others to know about them and the only way they can do it is to possess them to give them their lives memories and hope to reconnect that person. Spirits can't all talk and communicate the way we do to each other. Ghosts tend to do it through the mind or with symbols.

loopylucid 18-06-2015 11:47 AM

Any idea where it originated from though Howla? OR where to go to find out?

Cheers Loopy

Tristran 18-06-2015 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loopylucid
Any idea where it originated from though Howla? OR where to go to find out?

Cheers Loopy

The concept of reincarnation probably started after Jesus Christ rose from the tomb.

Or it can go back to the days of the Rephaim (giants) and Nephilim (half human / half angel).

Rephaim or Rapha's have the ability to reincarnate after their body dies. The nephilim cannot do this.

Kupava 18-06-2015 12:00 PM

There's a belief in reincarnation in many different cultures it depends which culture you stem from,where are your ancestors from? aboriginal and african groups believe in reincarnation and they are very old,people have probably always had a belief in it.

kkfern 18-06-2015 12:00 PM

people always remembered pieces of lives gone by.

kk

TheGlow 18-06-2015 07:40 PM

I don't know where it started but it's in the bible as well as other religions.
I was Christian and actually found it in the book as I read it.
Christianity doesn't teach reincarnation but reading it 20 years ago the words were clear as day. Elijah returned as John the Baptist.

ZenSar 18-06-2015 10:03 PM

It has been around for a very very long time, it existed in ancient Greece, Egypt, and most Asian nations.

kris 19-06-2015 04:04 PM

http://kris10846902.tripod.com/id14.html

JosephSmithChristoferson 19-06-2015 09:04 PM

every ancient or modern human society/civilization had the concept of reincarnation, the most ancient ones and the most isolated ones all had it without contact with one another, you wont find one without it