Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Why would God care so about murder if He knows there is no death? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133628)

Miss Hepburn 28-01-2020 03:47 PM

Why would God care so about murder if He knows there is no death?

Just wondered your thoughts.
If this is a dream, and Illusion - there is no death ever - why would God
care if someone killed another?
Wouldn't He know that they come back again and again?

I'm coming to Gen Beliefs more and more.:tongue:

sky 28-01-2020 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Deuteronomy 32.39 :smile:

Dargor 28-01-2020 04:04 PM

If you are refering to the biblical God, well only he is allowed to kill (unless he's too lazy to do it himself and instructs his followers to commit mass genocide instead).

iamthat 28-01-2020 05:42 PM

Quote:

If this is a dream, and Illusion - there is no death ever - why would God care if someone killed another? Wouldn't He know that they come back again and again?

From the Bhagavad Gita:

Death is certain for the one who is born, and birth is certain for the one who dies. Therefore, you should not lament over the inevitable.

The Divine allows all things to be, including one form "killing" another form.

People may kill each other or be killed, and this is all part of maya, but at the same time it is also part of our journey towards knowledge.

Back to the Gita:

The one who thinks that Atma is a slayer, and the one who thinks that Atma is slain, both are ignorant, because Atma neither slays nor is slain.

The Atma is neither born nor does it die at any time, nor having been it will cease to exist again. It is unborn, eternal, permanent, and primeval. The Atma is not destroyed when the body is destroyed.

O Arjuna, how can a person who knows that the Atma is indestructible, eternal, unborn, and imperishable, kill anyone or cause anyone to be killed?

Peace

ocean breeze 28-01-2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

If this is a dream, illusion then god too must be a dream character, an illusional figure. An amusing thought of god finally showing its face to the world and leaving the world at a stand still. Then finally someone asked the question that many want to know. "Why do you allow so much suffering in the world?" In which god replies, "Because i find your misfortunes, and suffering pretty funny to me. I mean come on. I'm up in heaven bored out of my mind, i need some entertainment and amusement to watch. Some drama to be entertained by. Its too boring if everything is peaceful." :tongue:

inavalan 28-01-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Great question!

The obvious answer: He doesn't care.

The reason isn't that He knows that "they come back again and again". It is because life on Earth isn't a purpose in itself, but a means to an end (to an eternal, I should say).

Miss Hepburn 28-01-2020 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
Deuteronomy 32.39 :smile:

So sorry, nothing personal, i don't look up things...I copy paste them for people.
Also, verses don't do it for me I want what a person thinks themselves...even if it is what the verse says,LOL!

Miss Hepburn 28-01-2020 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat
From the Bhagavad Gita:

Death is certain for the one who is born, and birth is certain for the one who dies. Therefore, you should not lament over the inevitable.

The Divine allows all things to be, including one form "killing" another form.

People may kill each other or be killed, and this is all part of maya, but at the same time it is also part of our journey towards knowledge.

Back to the Gita:

The one who thinks that Atma is a slayer, and the one who thinks that Atma is slain, both are ignorant, because Atma neither slays nor is slain.

The Atma is neither born nor does it die at any time, nor having been it will cease to exist again. It is unborn, eternal, permanent, and primeval. The Atma is not destroyed when the body is destroyed.

O Arjuna, how can a person who knows that the Atma is indestructible, eternal, unborn, and imperishable, kill anyone or cause anyone to be killed?

Peace

I really liked this and it had your thoughts on it...I probably should have said that in the op...my bad, sky.

Miss Hepburn 28-01-2020 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocean breeze
If this is a dream, illusion then god too must be a dream character, an illusional figure. :tongue:

Interesting - I have never heard that one....why do you think this...thanks.:wink:

Miss Hepburn 28-01-2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inavalan
Great question!
The obvious answer: He doesn't care.
The reason isn't that He knows that "they come back again and again".
It is because life on Earth isn't a purpose in itself,
but a means to an end (to an eternal, I should say).

What an astute answer or opinion!!!!!! :icon_cool: You're not just a pretty face, I see!
I'm so glad I asked this now ----the usual suspects are all here. :)