Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Choosing your appearance in spirit. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=30893)

Zarra 20-02-2012 11:37 PM

Choosing your appearance in spirit.

From my research, the general consensus seems to be that your astral body takes on the appearance of the best possible version of you: young, healthy, strong, but with the same features you have had in your human body.

My question is, do you folks believe this is the case, or do you think things are more, shall we say, "fluid" than that? I personally would love to take the form of a bird, as cheesy and drug-store-novel as that sounds.

Opinions?

WhiteWarrior 20-02-2012 11:56 PM

Last time I played with this in front of someone, I successfully donned half a dozen different bodies - not all human. My default I was told, looks like me. But how precise it was I can't tell, I can't see myself.

Dragonfly1 21-02-2012 04:03 AM

When my sister who was 64 when she passed in 2010 appeared to me in a meditation.....she looked beautiful, slim with long dark hair, as she did when she was about 15ish, maybe towards 20ish......those years were when she was looking her absolute best....I was only 5 when she was 15....so i don't remember what she looked like , but I have been told thats what she looked like......beautiful......

gypsymystique 29-02-2012 03:24 PM

You can choose your own spiritual appearance. I've read alot about it and experienced it some myself.

mac 29-02-2012 04:06 PM

Research will find many accounts from those in the etheric telling of their preferred appearances. Teacher/guides have also said that they tend to be those when we were in our prime in the physical world. Those ages will vary from person to person.

There are also times when discarnates may choose to show themselves as they might best be remembered by the ones they wish to contact. For example a 'spirit' may show herself/himself (to a medium) as an old person if the sitter would only have known them as an old grandparent etc.

As we're still individual with a human form after our passing, we wouldn't adopt the appearance of an animal - life in the etheric is not a masquerade. Such notions are simply fanciful.

Miss Hepburn 29-02-2012 04:35 PM

Good posts. I agree.

Yes, according to many that have communicated with us here that is how it is -
we don appearances
around 30 years old and change our appearances for those here so they will recognize us.
(Ha! and some pass over so unexpectedly our grandparents
forget to change from their gray hair for us!!!!)

But, my goal is not to relate so much to the human experience eventually...
not at all...nor the 3rd dimension.
There is so much more than appearing on the Other Side in a human state...
there are much higher Celestial Spheres - tho we retain who we are, so to speak.

I, again, would be happy to send anyone the pdf of the James E. Padgett Messages from the Other Side -the 1st book alone is 300 pages...and full of
spiritual insight. Just pm me.

Also, I recommend Anthony Borgia's 'Life in the Unseen World' that
can be found also, online -if not - pm me.

I say set your goal on the highest - bird? panther? Why be so limited?
:smile: Miss Hepburn

mac 29-02-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Good posts. I agree.

Yes, according to many that have communicated with us here that is how it is -
we don appearances
around 30 years old and change our appearances for those here so they will recognize us.
(Ha! and some pass over so unexpectedly our grandparents
forget to change from their gray hair for us!!!!)

But, my goal is not to relate so much to the human experience eventually...
there are much higher Celestial Spheres - tho we retain who we are, so to speak.

I, again, would be happy to send anyone the pdf of the James E. Padgett Messages from the Other Side -the 1st book alone is 300 pages...and full of
spiritual insight. Just pm me.

Also, I recommend Anthony Borgia's 'Life in the Unseen World' that
can be found also, online -if not - pm me.

I say set your goal on the highest - bird? panther? Why be so limited?
:smile: Miss Hepburn

"But, my goal is not to relate so much to the human experience eventually...
there are much higher Celestial Spheres -"

Do you know that just getting folk to understand that life continues beyond corporeal death can be a big-enough step?

Beyond the next dimension(s) is something that only a comparative few can relate to (in my experience) and for the rest the fundamentals are vitally important. Beyond those we may go where we wish, where we are able, but that first step can be the biggest one.

Sangress 29-02-2012 08:02 PM

I've seen a lot of astrallers embelishing their appearences in a lot of ways, but I can see their "default appearence" (usually the human body as it naturally is) underneath it, which makes me wonder why they are doing it in the first place when I can still see who they are behind the "fake" persona.

A lot of suspicious questions come to mind when I see someone with a consciously altered energetic appearence.

Do they do it for fun? Are they hiding something? Do they think that I can't see who they really are? ...etc

Moreso, their perceptions tend not to change with the alteration in appearence, so if someone was to alter their energy to take the form of an eagle, then they can move as an eagle and sound like one...etc, but they still percieve everything with a human intelligence...so yeh, its odd.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm fine with it, but I just dont understand it,

I know a few shamanic people who take the form of (or shapeashift into) their power animal, and I've seen a lot of differences between altering forms and shapeshifting, so I think that may be a different process.

Personally, I can alter my appearence at will when I want to, but only in certain situations and its not permanant. It has to be in mimicry of someone else and it takes a lot of skill and patience for me to addequately mimick most other beings in astral. Takes a lot of energy as well so I usually only do it when I have to.

I am far more comfortable without trying to alter my natural appearence when I am out of body.

mac 29-02-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sangress
I've seen a lot of astrallers embelishing their appearences in a lot of ways, but I can see their "default appearence" (usually the human body as it naturally is) underneath it, which makes me wonder why they are doing it in the first place when I can still see who they are behind the "fake" persona.

A lot of suspicious questions come to mind when I see someone with a consciously altered energetic appearence.

Do they do it for fun? Are they hiding something? Do they think that I can't see who they really are? ...etc

Moreso, their perceptions tend not to change with the alteration in appearence, so if someone was to alter their energy to take the form of an eagle, then they can move as an eagle and sound like one...etc, but they still percieve everything with a human intelligence...so yeh, its odd.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm fine with it, but I just dont understand it,

I know a few shamanic people who take the form of (or shapeashift into) their power animal, and I've seen a lot of differences between altering forms and shapeshifting, so I think that may be a different process.

Personally, I can alter my appearence at will when I want to, but only in certain situations and its not permanant. It has to be in mimicry of someone else and it takes a lot of skill and patience for me to addequately mimick most other beings in astral. Takes a lot of energy as well so I usually only do it when I have to.

I am far more comfortable without trying to alter my natural appearence when I am out of body.

Do you see Astral Travellers as being the same as discarnates?

As the forum is 'Death and the Afterlife' and I had assumed that the discussion of one's appearance would relate to a post mortem situation.

Not to transient visiting of the etheric....

Sangress 01-03-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Do you see Astral Travellers as being the same as discarnates?

As the forum is 'Death and the Afterlife' and I had assumed that the discussion of one's appearance would relate to a post mortem situation.

Not to transient visiting of the etheric....

The two are pretty much the same for me whether they have bodies to return to or not. The only difference that i can see is their connection (or disconnection) to the physical world. Thanks for verifying, forgot to mention it.