Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Black and white (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130003)

EdmundJohnstone 18-06-2019 08:42 PM

Black and white

Is Black bad? We often associate it with death, void, grief, darkness, evil, end, cold, negativity. Whereas white is purity, light, good, love, life, exactly the opposite of black
Is Black low vibration? For example buying something for the house that is black or wearing black. Does it matter or affect us in any way if we have accessories in the house more black than white or wearing more black than white? Cheers

Native spirit 18-06-2019 09:15 PM

It makes no difference at all I'm always in Black I prefer wearing black.if I want something in a different colour then I get it

Namaste

inavalan 18-06-2019 10:57 PM

If you think black is low spiritual vibration, so it will be for you. Our biases, thoughts, and emotions create our reality.

Shivani Devi 19-06-2019 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
Is Black bad? We often associate it with death, void, grief, darkness, evil, end, cold, negativity. Whereas white is purity, light, good, love, life, exactly the opposite of black
Is Black low vibration? For example buying something for the house that is black or wearing black. Does it matter or affect us in any way if we have accessories in the house more black than white or wearing more black than white? Cheers

In the practical sense, black doesn't show the dirt as much as white...so if you don't mind cleaning, get white clothes and furniture. If you don't like cleaning as much, get black stuff.

Having said that, black and white furnishings combined, make for a very nice contrast..sort of what I do with mauve and lime.

I don't really associate colours with vibrations, but some do...I just furnish with colours that suit my mood, or wear colours that are on garments that suit the weather or the level of comfort I require...

I guess I have just gone beyond the association...then again, I never had that association to begin with...black absorbs every other colour...white reflects every other colour...etc

Altair 19-06-2019 06:19 AM

Black isn’t “bad”, that’s not quite the way you should look at it. However, what you wear will have an impact. It’s subtle and many people aren’t aware of it. No, your beliefs don’t matter. You can believe a colour does x and yet the outcome can be y, LOL, so it don’t matter what you believe. Eventually reality catches up with you.

Ooh, and colours literally have different vibrations!! They even ’coincide’ nicely with the chakras..
However, any lower vibration colours are not “bad”. But just like it’s not about good or bad, relativism is also plain incorrect about it..

Try to experiment.. :smile:

Starman 19-06-2019 06:30 AM

Every color has and opposite color but just because it is the opposite does not mean it is either good or bad.
The opposite of red is green, the opposite of purple is yellow, and the opposite of black is white. You can look
up a "Color Wheel" online and it will show you the basic colors and their opposite color. Opposites complement
each other, they are neither good nor bad, but humanity places preferences on things, for whatever reason,
and labels them "good or bad."

Lorelyen 19-06-2019 06:58 AM

I suppose in technical terms a black object absorbs all light whereas a white one reflects all light (assuming an even spectrum of illumination) from which various spiritual parallels can be inferred.

A person whose favourite colour is white is usually all-embracing; red is someone seeking excitement, black is someone withdrawn and avoiding excitement...and on.... but there's the Luscher test that ranks colours according to your favourites and it's amazingly accurate at describing personality in conventional terms. Again, these may cast light on one's beliefs, practices, politics and so on.

ocean breeze 04-07-2019 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
Is Black bad?

Africans have been wondering the same since forever. Its ingrained in us. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxB9M2u8T9Y

Rawnrr 07-07-2019 11:27 AM

As with most things in the world, a large part is personal associations we have with things (such as colour) that play on our personal psyche. That is the primary relationship we have with colour. The deeper psychological aspects are really secondary and have minimal effect.

Black can be a very grounding colour. There is a peace in the darkness That allows for an inner focus.
White is stimulating, it is awake and alive and activates the senses. Everything is brought to awareness.

JosephineB 07-07-2019 11:54 AM

Interesting question OP. As PP has said. I think colours have different vibrations. I like the idea that in other realms some forms of communication are with colours and shapes instead of words etc.

Black does hide the dirt, although black doesn't half show the bits/cat hair! :D