Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Visitations in Dreams (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=99456)

innocentwanderer 05-04-2016 02:30 AM

Visitations in Dreams

My family and I often have dreams of deceased loved ones. It's always in the same few ways - 1. they'd come to visit, like they're coming home from a trip and we're having a sort of homecoming party and we have a big dinner where they'd talk about their experience. 2. We'd bump into them somewhere and it's like we lost touch and are catching up like you would if you ran into an old friend in the supermarket or 3. I never had this, but my sister is the one that does, the person they dream about dies within 2 weeks of the dream. The person is usually sick or elderly. There is always a catch though, right before I wake up, I make the realization that they're dead and freak out. Last night was a little different...

Last night I had one of these dreams. The person that visited me was someone I never met. A friend of mine's grandfather passed away 2yrs ago of prostate cancer. I never met him, but in the dream he knew exactly who I was. It was the type of dream I described in #2 above. I was walking in a large public area. It was like an airport or train station with shops and restaurants. There was a lot of people there, pretty crowded. I first saw my friend and we said "Hi" as we walked passed one another. Then, I ran into his grandfather. He was happy to see me and gave me a big hug. "I always loved N's friends like you!" he said "People like you are always fun to hear about." Then he invited me to dinner at one of the restaurants with N and his family. We sat down to dinner and did nothing but laugh. He was known as a funny guy. My friend would always say that and how he enjoyed making people laugh. What I'm wondering is how he knew to come to me? In life, I heard stories about him but never met him. I've had dreams like this before but with people I met, but didn't know well. A classmate died that I never really hung in the same circle with. Soon after her death, I'd have these dreams that she'd visit me and showed me "Heaven" or tell me she was just "checking in" on me... Any thoughts?

HMyBodhisattva 05-04-2016 04:47 AM

Maybe a message for you friend from the grandfather... hey I'm ok. :)

wolfgaze 05-04-2016 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innocentwanderer
My family and I often have dreams of deceased loved ones. It's always in the same few ways - 1. they'd come to visit, like they're coming home from a trip and we're having a sort of homecoming party and we have a big dinner where they'd talk about their experience. 2. We'd bump into them somewhere and it's like we lost touch and are catching up like you would if you ran into an old friend in the supermarket or 3. I never had this, but my sister is the one that does, the person they dream about dies within 2 weeks of the dream. The person is usually sick or elderly. There is always a catch though, right before I wake up, I make the realization that they're dead and freak out. Last night was a little different...

Last night I had one of these dreams. The person that visited me was someone I never met. A friend of mine's grandfather passed away 2yrs ago of prostate cancer. I never met him, but in the dream he knew exactly who I was. It was the type of dream I described in #2 above. I was walking in a large public area. It was like an airport or train station with shops and restaurants. There was a lot of people there, pretty crowded. I first saw my friend and we said "Hi" as we walked passed one another. Then, I ran into his grandfather. He was happy to see me and gave me a big hug. "I always loved N's friends like you!" he said "People like you are always fun to hear about." Then he invited me to dinner at one of the restaurants with N and his family. We sat down to dinner and did nothing but laugh. He was known as a funny guy. My friend would always say that and how he enjoyed making people laugh. What I'm wondering is how he knew to come to me? In life, I heard stories about him but never met him. I've had dreams like this before but with people I met, but didn't know well. A classmate died that I never really hung in the same circle with. Soon after her death, I'd have these dreams that she'd visit me and showed me "Heaven" or tell me she was just "checking in" on me... Any thoughts?

Very interesting... Thanks for sharing IW... I don't have any insight to provide unfortunately as I don't have any experience with such dreams (my 'dream life' is uneventful, lol)....

Love your avatar by the way...

:icon_smile:

~WOLF

Somnia 05-04-2016 07:33 AM

I don't have any thoughts on why these dreams occur, but I have experienced #3 on rare occasions. The first I remember dreaming about an elderly lady I helped care for when I worked at a nursing home. I had quit the job to focus on college studies and had not thought of this lady in over a year. I had a dream she walked up to me, placed her hand on my shoulder, smiled, then walked away and disappeared...The next day I found out from someone I knew who worked there that same lady passed away during the night I had the dream...

The other dream happened less than a week before my Uncle died...It was a tragic accident...In the dream I saw he was working on a black box on a telephone pole, but when he touched it, he was blown backwards...Not long after the dream we heard the news of his tragic death of being electrocuted on the job...He was working on a black box on a telephone pole when someone on his crew flipped the power on, not realizing he was still working on it, which killed him...

Sibeal 05-04-2016 08:41 PM

Hi there, Innocentwanderer!

You are probably more open to mediumship abilities naturally, than many people. Your experience sounds very similar to dreams I experienced before I embraced and focused on my abilities to grow. Don't be afraid of these dreams, and certainly don't be afraid of dealing with people who have transitioned. Spirit will find a way to communicate if they see someone who is a beacon, and communicating in dream time is very common. Your friend's grandfather very likely expects you to tell your friend about this encounter and wants your friend to know they're happy and doing great!

I always feel it's a very profound honor to speak with people's loved ones. Perhaps you should explore mediumship. :)

cahill 21-04-2016 01:08 PM

Spirits always know who they can go to and how to get messages across to them. Even though sometimes we can't sense things about ourselves like abilities doesn't mean they cant.

faithy 24-04-2016 06:15 PM

Wow that is really interesting Innocentwaderer, thank you for sharing :smile: