Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Crystals & Gemstones (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Could this be carnelian? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130911)

Elaol 22-08-2019 06:53 PM

Could this be carnelian?

I ordered a chakra healing stone set. All the stones are great, except for this one. It is supposed to be carnelian, but it doesn't look like one. It looks smoky and has only two blobs of red. I am not really experienced in gemstones, so I would appreciate the help.

FairyCrystal 22-08-2019 10:21 PM

Looks like it, yes. Sometimes carnelian is really pale and yellowish and with whitish bits. It has those typical layers (the lines) as well.
If it bothers you replace it with a nice orange one. Carnelian isn't expensive.
And best not buy crystals when you don't know what exactly you're going to get. They always show great specimen but often send you crystals that aren't all that nice.

BigJohn 22-08-2019 11:29 PM

Interesting shape. Looks like an almost perfect rectangle.

Sure looks like Carnelian and it looks like a nice one.
What are the dimensions?
What does the bottom look like?

Believe it or not, Carnelian is virtually identical chemically to
Hematite Quartz which should not be confused with Hematite.

Elaol 23-08-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Looks like it, yes. Sometimes carnelian is really pale and yellowish and with whitish bits. It has those typical layers (the lines) as well.
If it bothers you replace it with a nice orange one. Carnelian isn't expensive.
And best not buy crystals when you don't know what exactly you're going to get. They always show great specimen but often send you crystals that aren't all that nice.

OK, cool, thanks! I need it to work with my energy levels and for opening chakras. I couldn't find any in my country so I ordered a really pretty chakra balancing set which took a month to arrive. I don't have time to order another one. It is just important that it is a carnelian :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Interesting shape. Looks like an almost perfect rectangle.

Sure looks like Carnelian and it looks like a nice one.
What are the dimensions?
What does the bottom look like?

Believe it or not, Carnelian is virtually identical chemically to
Hematite Quartz which should not be confused with Hematite.

Thanks! The bottom is a bit more blackish. It is small 1.5cm x 1 cm. Enough for my needs. Here is the link of the bottom if you are interested:

BigJohn 23-08-2019 09:16 PM

I still like the shape.

I have some Danburite that came natural but look like they were faceted.

Your Carnelian reminded me of those Danburites.

Thanks for sharing.

Lucky 23-08-2019 09:57 PM

I'd say it's definitely carnelian for sure. I recently got a polished piece in an egg shape and it's gorgeous, with several bands of color ranging from a cleanish milky white, to golden, orange/red, to a deep red almost black in spots.

ElfinSoul 11-09-2019 12:51 AM

Carnelian is great.