Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Mediumship (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Empath: Question (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=117747)

Enchanted_DreamFaerie 18-10-2017 08:05 PM

Empath: Question

I pick up a lot things a lot of the time. Even vibes from people and I can feel their anger when I'm in the same room as them. If something is wrong, I know right away. Sometimes I have to recharge in my own room and listen to meditation music so I can relax.

I've been meditating a lot and I tend to get a lot of headaches since than. The more I meditate, I get headaches that will last longer than they normally do. So I read a book and light a candle.

I'm not saying I'm a medium or psychic but there's times where I can feel as I'm not alone and sometimes I question if I'm crazy but I know I'm not. My whole entire life I've been like this and I'm just noticing it now.

Just like to talk to others and see if they can relate with me or not. Is anyone else on this forum an empath and sensitive to these things?

SaturninePluto 19-10-2017 12:26 AM

Personally I don't like to refer to myself as certain things here lately.

I remember when I first read about empathy years ago. I could relate very well to what the site said, then it went and stated that only moons in cancer were capable of empathy, as the site was astrologically inclined. That is the first time I brought up my natal chart to see where my moon was. My moon is in Leo. Right before the good old sign of Cancer.

I was younger and pretty naive- I was disappointed, and questioned, so I am not empathic? Just because of that? Basically that was a turning stone for me- I decided then and there that most obviously, there had to be something severely wrong with people.

:D

I lately do not like to refer to myself as an empath, I never call myself a psychic or a medium, I say I have ability- because we all do. The real reason I think that I have grown increasingly opposed to calling myself an empath, a psychic, a starseed, a medium, a circus clown.. honestly I think we all are so much more than that, and capable of truly amazing things. But only if we allow ourselves to be more than what others would like to say we are. To be more than the sum of characteristics, the websites would like to peg us into.

What you said about re-charging your bedroom, describes a little of how I feel. With myself it is more I have extreme trouble being in chaotic atmospheres. And since my family is the get all the yelling out as opposed to keep it all in type, I often find myself having great difficulty finding a place to relax. Or a state of mind even to relax. Like meditating within the center of an angry mob. It is difficult.

My family members had a small argument a few moments ago. And my body is still in a state of repulsion. I have a feeling of a inactive anxiety, it was only a argument, not like one of the full blown fights, and the anxiety is still buzzing around somewhere in my body.

My mother used to say I am too sensitive for this world. I remember thinking as a child "Great when can I leave? I think the world is too cold, that's the problem".

Where you said that at times you are alone and feel you are not, I can relate a little there as well, only there have been times I have been alone and suddenly depressed for no reason what so ever. No one is home, and my mood had been pleasant and stable- then boom a sea a sadness. And it was felt so suddenly that I would speak a loud even though I was alone and declare- "This isn't mine". "Not this time".

I have also felt a sudden unexplainable peace. I had not felt a peace quite like that for a very long time- I could sense- this is not my own. This was the same building the sudden depression would occur.

I told my brother this, and he said no, that they have to be my own emotions, I am not owning to.

I know better. I know because I know how I feel, and if I say it isn't my own peace it isn't. Or my own sadness, it isn't.

So in end of this winded post here, I relate to being very sensitive. I however don't refer to myself as an empath.

I can't be anyway, my Moon is in Leo. :D

John32241 19-10-2017 11:18 AM

Hello,

My understanding and my experience has been that none of us are ever alone. That there is a team of spiritual helpers available to every one of us if we choose to connect with them.

I suspect that it may be time to evolve your meditative practices to include one or more of those helpers. There is always a primary contact waiting to establish communications with you.

John

CrystalSong 20-10-2017 04:23 PM

The headaches are odd, maybe head to a healer and make sure your crown and third eye chakra are cleansed, cleared and open. Sounds like a back up of energy causing pressure from a blocked or only partially open chakra.
I used to have this often when those chakras were first coming on line and then another form of it when they were too open for too long. Everything is running smoothly now thankfully! But it took some fiddling with and consciousness to get things sorted.

Emapthic, sure, we all have the capability of course, many are focused on other things and haven't developed it or investigated this aspect of themselves. Sort of like rock climbing, we all could with applied focus, even people with no legs have, but whether we ever do it or develop it is another story. So it is interesting you, explore it more, take a class maybe, read a book, find a teacher. There's lots to know and discover and it's exciting and can be useful too!

All Time and Space is now, meaning all dimensions and the denizens thereof are taking place in the same space as we are living our 3rd dimensional lives. With practice you can tune your frequency to experience MORE of what is also sharing the same space as you are but at higher dimensional frequency's. The Universe is a very Full and Interesting place!

An yes, I dwell quite comfortably between worlds, traveling here and there, communicating here and there. What was once surprising and hard to believe has no been normalized and is an everyday part of my expanded consciousness. I'm just more aware of some of what all is Here. :)

jro5139 05-01-2018 09:00 PM

I first learned of being an empath about a year, year and a half ago and when I did, it was like I suddenly had an explanation for what had been wrong with me all my life lol. I pick up on vibes too, all the time, to the point where I honestly dislike going out in public for the most part. I can spot negative emotions also and it can nearly overwhelm me. I can sense a person's feelings before I can clearly see them.
The recharging thing is big for me also. I can only go so long in the company of others before I NEED to spend some time alone.
You're not crazy cause we are not alone and I sense entities and spirits as well.
Another thing that seems noteworthy is being sensitive to loud sounds, which I was very much when I was growing up (although I am not so much now). But I have noticed that my daughter is sensitive and is also very bothered by loud sounds. I wonder if she's an empath as well and makes me wonder if it is hereditary lol?

I don't know about headaches, it's kind of the opposite for me. I seem to have tinnitus but I have noticed that when I meditate it goes away. Never got a lot of headaches though.

wanchain 05-01-2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
I lately do not like to refer to myself as an empath, I never call myself a psychic or a medium, I say I have ability- because we all do.

I can relate to that--not affixing a label to myself. I can only say that I am a highly sensitive person (HSP) acquiring higher sensory perception.

I don't pick up emotions as much as a normal empath, because I cut myself off from feeling emotions. My body as an instrument can perceive the nuances and subtleties, but the environment I grew up in had such intense emotions that I could not survive if I did feel every nuance of every emotion. It would be like frying a light bulb because the voltage that passed through it was too high.