Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Reiki (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   "Reiki healing energy" as a opposed to? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=30901)

Haoma 21-02-2012 01:16 AM

"Reiki healing energy" as a opposed to?

So often you hear the words "Reiki healing energy". So please Reiki Master's, what is the difference between this "label" and pure, healing energy?

Troll_ov_Grimness 21-02-2012 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haoma
So often you hear the words "Reiki healing energy". So please Reiki Master's, what is the difference between this "label" and pure, healing energy?

no difference

:hug:

Xan 21-02-2012 02:38 AM

The word "reiki" means universal life energy. It's the healing method that goes by that name that makes it seem like something different.

Xan

Uma 21-02-2012 03:05 AM

There is a difference in terms of quantity and quality. If you are a reiki channel, it means you are connected to the one Source that powers up the entire universe - either directly or indirectly (through a lineage or symbols). It is also possible to send reiki directly from your own personal storage of energy, but this is a silly way to do it because it will drain your own reserves. If you have ever sat beside a depressed or negative person and felt drained, know that they are drawing from your personal energy reserves. If you are attuned and can draw spiritual energy from the infinite Source, then it doesn't matter how much they take from you, more comes flowing through you - like an infinite fountain or river. Furthermore, Source energy is pure but what is in us individuals (because we need it for other things that we do) is tainted by ego. When reiki-ing it is best to keep the mind out of it, just allow Spirit to do its thing. That way both of you benefit.

athribiristan 21-02-2012 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haoma

My understanding is that they would be considered one and the same. I could be wrong about that...I've never studied Reiki but I have a friend who is a practitioner and based on her explanation it sounded the same to me.

iolite 21-02-2012 03:25 AM

The only difference is the amount of money required to learn and to be "attuned" to reiki before you can do reiki, supposedly.

Uma 21-02-2012 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iolite
The only difference is the amount of money required to learn and to be "attuned" to reiki before you can do reiki, supposedly.

Money has to do with the desires of the teacher - nothing to do with the quality of the energy!

iolite 21-02-2012 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uma
Money has to do with the desires of the teacher - nothing to do with the quality of the energy!

That is true, but one must usually pay a teacher to get attunements. There are rogue reiki masters who will pass attunements for free and over distance.

Xan 21-02-2012 03:51 AM

Some reiki masters overcharge, like some car mechanics. Some charge a fair price for a weekend attunement and learning seminar. Your choice.

Xan

Uma 21-02-2012 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iolite
That is true, but one must usually pay a teacher to get attunements. There are rogue reiki masters who will pass attunements for free and over distance.

True - a freebie is no guarantee either, but then again you have nothing to lose!