Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Religion (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   In what way is consciousness God? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127268)

Honza 05-01-2019 11:47 AM

In what way is consciousness God?

I have heard it said many times. That consciousness is God itself. That consciousness is all that is. This is stated by the New Age teachings and by Eastern teachings. I need to ask those who believe this; in what was is consciousness God?

Is it because you believe consciousness lies at the base of all reality? But surely that does not make it God. People say that consciousness and God are the same thing. So in what way is consciousness God? WHY is consciousness called God?

sky 06-01-2019 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
I have heard it said many times. That consciousness is God itself. That consciousness is all that is. This is stated by the New Age teachings and by Eastern teachings. I need to ask those who believe this; in what was is consciousness God?

Is it because you believe consciousness lies at the base of all reality? But surely that does not make it God. People say that consciousness and God are the same thing. So in what way is consciousness God? WHY is consciousness called God?

God is.... Always was... And always will be, as is Consciousness.

Honza 06-01-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
God is.... Always was... And always will be, as is Consciousness.

Are they the same thing to you?

neil 06-01-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Honza.. hi there, I see that you have shot over here to post, why is that, I have responded to some of your posts in Christianity in the thread "Christ" before you started here with this thread.
You responded in the "Christ thread to all others, but denied me a response.

I am indeed wondering why...mmm...I wonder if I am possibly on your ignore list, but if that is the case then you will not see this post...MMM.. oh well, I guess I will just wait and see...SMILES, Neil

God-Like 07-01-2019 10:07 AM

There is beyond consciousness but there is not beyond what you are ..

For there to be the suggestion that consciousness is all there is would be to associate what you to be something or other ..

What you are is both something and nothing as the saying goes ..

x daz x

Unseeking Seeker 07-01-2019 12:28 PM

Presenting a view, as cognised:

In-form consciousness relies upon external senses and thought to operate in the earth realm.

What we call consciousness is hijacked by the ego, creating an illusion of separate identity, duality. So we have a) egoic consciousness which is illusionary, believing it to be a separate self & b) our original consciousness, one with God or oneness (but the question implied is, how may we know this?)

Thought has two aspects, analytical, sequential, fragmented on the one hand and intuitive on the other. Analytical bisects, while intuitive thought unifies. As long as we employ analytical thought, there is a tendency to imagine that the thought is generated by us as a separate doer, the ego. In reality, all thought, as is all matter or energy, is simply vibration, drawn in as of our orientation-resonation. Intuitive thought has no doer, which is why the egoic consciousness prefers not to cultivate it, since it is fearful of losing its identity, its existence.

With this preamble, employing intuitive thought or what we may say from the egos point of view, by non-self presence, we engage in meditation. During deep meditation, our consciousness, original consciousness ... not the illusionary egoic consciousness, dissolves in the divine current if we employ our free will to choicelessly choose to do so in childlike innocence. Our consciousness then becomes in, as and one with the That Oneness absolute or God or love absolute, encompassing the all.

We may then say, that ascended consciousness is God. However, we cannot prove it. We have to be to become as such, which we already are but momentarily unaware for as long as our attention is egoic.

Honza 07-01-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil
Honza.. hi there, I see that you have shot over here to post, why is that, I have responded to some of your posts in Christianity in the thread "Christ" before you started here with this thread.
You responded in the "Christ thread to all others, but denied me a response.

I am indeed wondering why...mmm...I wonder if I am possibly on your ignore list, but if that is the case then you will not see this post...MMM.. oh well, I guess I will just wait and see...SMILES, Neil

Hello Neil. Sorry if I have not responded to some of your posts. It was not intentional. I do read what you have to say.

MARDAV70 30-01-2019 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Presenting a view, as cognised:

In-form consciousness relies upon external senses and thought to operate in the earth realm.

What we call consciousness is hijacked by the ego, creating an illusion of separate identity, duality. So we have a) egoic consciousness which is illusionary, believing it to be a separate self & b) our original consciousness, one with God or oneness (but the question implied is, how may we know this?)

Thought has two aspects, analytical, sequential, fragmented on the one hand and intuitive on the other. Analytical bisects, while intuitive thought unifies. As long as we employ analytical thought, there is a tendency to imagine that the thought is generated by us as a separate doer, the ego. In reality, all thought, as is all matter or energy, is simply vibration, drawn in as of our orientation-resonation. Intuitive thought has no doer, which is why the egoic consciousness prefers not to cultivate it, since it is fearful of losing its identity, its existence.

With this preamble, employing intuitive thought or what we may say from the egos point of view, by non-self presence, we engage in meditation. During deep meditation, our consciousness, original consciousness ... not the illusionary egoic consciousness, dissolves in the divine current if we employ our free will to choicelessly choose to do so in childlike innocence. Our consciousness then becomes in, as and one with the That Oneness absolute or God or love absolute, encompassing the all.

We may then say, that ascended consciousness is God. However, we cannot prove it. We have to be to become as such, which we already are but momentarily unaware for as long as our attention is egoic.

Very interesting! During my NDE at one point very early I felt "whole". I'm pretty certain that's because my pure existence (consciousness) was free of the ego during that whole experience. My ego remained in that (temporarily) dead body and would have died along with the body if I hadn't been "brought back to life". Because of that it makes sense to me that the ego (in and of itself) knows it's days are limited and seeks only that which pleases or benefits the body, of which it's depends upon to exist. Yet our consciousness knows the true state of existence (that which never dies). Hence, the "battle" of consciousness/ego.

So as far as "is consciousness God" I'd have to say "of course". But I also feel that it's in a way we can't clearly perceive (yet) as human beings...because of the ego. (I also feel that consciousness is the energy by which physical particles can exist in this universe.)

Namaste

Spirit Bear 30-01-2019 04:52 PM

I believe that a piece of god is in all of us, that peice seeks to share our experiences. I believe we are in control of our destiny through our choices, and if we allow it, that peice can help guide us to make the right choices.

Consiousness contains god's will, we don't have to blindly follow it.

Even if you could talk to an angel, to god, to a spirit or intermediary, you still may hear things you don't want to follow. It may even be equally frustrating on both sides. Still, if you love your guide and you love yourself then compromise can lead you to an enlightened path. There is more than one way to cross a river, but remember that getting to the other side is the goal, not blindly following a divine path.

The experience and learning is in the how, not in the ends, all sides can appreciate that i think.

markings 31-01-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

The consciousness which is God is not in any way a consciousness that could be likened to our consciousness. It is so far from anything we are familiar with, or could even imagine, that I consider it to be a nonsensical saying.

"The Tao which can be named is not the true Tao."

Here you have it in clear text, unambiguous, straight forward.

God is not consciousness, and consciousness is not God, for the simple reason that if it would be true then the Tao Te Ching would be wrong, and as this forms the first line of the Tao Te Ching we would have to discard everything else as probably wrong too.